Motorcycle parts - location guide.

#1 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1352 posts) -

The motorcycle parts can be tough to find, I'll describe them here. I advise that you rescue the majority of the survivors on a separate playthrough as time is tight. 

• Engine - Alleyway behind the cinema.
  • Gas tank - Directly outside the safehouse, at the petrol station.
  • Wheel - Purchased at the pawn shop. You need to rescue the owner, he will be adjacent to the safehouse after you find the zombrex vial.
  • Bike Forks - First get the shed key from the hotel's second floor, you need to jump up onto a fire escape to get up there. Then head over to the shed, it's on route to the quarantine zone.
  • Handlebars - A survivor has these (located in the parking lot near the cinema/department store) though he won't give you them unless you trade him a broadsword. Either kill him or use this video to find the sword

This video isn't mine, but it's pretty handy. Keep following that route to reach a skylight which you can use to enter the hunting goods store and unlock the door from the inside.
#2 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Thanks for pointing this out.

#3 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

YES! Thank you lol.

#4 Posted by EpicSteve (6471 posts) -

Finding all the stuff was pretty easy. Is there a way to check what specifically you need? I was stuck when finding the last item, which turned out to be a gas canister. If i knew what I was looking for, it probably would have been my first item collected.

#5 Posted by radioactivez0r (829 posts) -

Yes - on the Pause menu, there is a Bike Parts listing that shows/tells you the parts you already have dropped off.

#6 Posted by PNut_Buttr_Panda (486 posts) -
@EpicSteve said:
" Finding all the stuff was pretty easy. Is there a way to check what specifically you need? I was stuck when finding the last item, which turned out to be a gas canister. If i knew what I was looking for, it probably would have been my first item collected. "
tis a list in the pause menu good sir!!
#7 Posted by Driadon (2995 posts) -

I totally missed the can my first way through. I got everything else and started wondering where the hell the last piece was!

#8 Posted by Shadow (4977 posts) -

I went through the entire first run without finding more than one bike part.  They're oddly hard to find.  Now I just have to figure out who I didn't save this time

#9 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1352 posts) -
@Shadow:  there is a very good survivor guide in the guide section, I recommend it!
#10 Posted by tsolless (465 posts) -
@Shadow said:
" I went through the entire first run without finding more than one bike part.  They're oddly hard to find.  Now I just have to figure out who I didn't save this time "
The only one the game doesn't guide you to is the gas can. All the other parts the game tells you where to find them.
#11 Posted by Dork_Metamorphosis (251 posts) -

Just a note for anyone having trouble finding the handlebars.  The guy holding them doesn't show up until after about 4:00 PM, and I think you have to go into the safe house and come back out before him and his buddy will appear.  

#12 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -
@Driadon said:
" I totally missed the can my first way through. I got everything else and started wondering where the hell the last piece was! "
Same here.  That massive zombie horde always hid it from the eye.
#13 Posted by pnevares (64 posts) -
@Dork_Metamorphosis said:
" Just a note for anyone having trouble finding the handlebars.  The guy holding them doesn't show up until after about 4:00 PM, and I think you have to go into the safe house and come back out before him and his buddy will appear.   "
THANK YOU. This was ridiculous to discover considering how quickly you can find the other four items once you know where they are.
#14 Edited by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

This should be a full guide to fixing the bike and saving everyone.  It gets you no extra achievement or special ending, but I find the spirit of the game is doing as much as possible in a run, so I enjoyed it. 

I didn't start rescuing survivors in earnest until I had finished a run where i fixed the bike.  I got the survivors done so quickly I built the bike to kill time.  Once you know where everything is and are good at dodging zombies, there is plenty of time to do everything (assuming you have the cash).  And I wasn't even brewing up batches of Quick Step (which is worth doing for fun).  I think the only survivors I didn't have to re-enter the safe house to spawn were the last 2.  It could be because there is a cut-scene right then.   
Make a new spike bat every time to return to the safe house, the materials are right there and it is all the weapon you need against zombies.  Also, heal up with the OJ if you need it. 

Once they start spawning, harvest a couple of Queens for emergencies.  They clear out a pack of zombies like nothing else, and don't harm people nearby like the 360 swing of a broadsword does.   

1.  Go to quarantine zone and get the bike.  Return it to the safe house.
  2. Go to the gas station and grab the gas can (by the pump closest to the safe house).  Don't return it, you can carry other stuff with it.
  3. Cross the street and rescuse the pawn shop owner
  4. Buy the wheel from him and leave the store (you could buy the Zombrex now but since money carries over if you mess up the run, you are out $25K).
  5. Return to the safe house to drop off parts. 
  6. Climb up on the roof and talk to Bob.  Straightest route is through gas station pumps and into the alley.  Hop on the dumpster, then the AC(?) unit, then the awning, circle around and hop up to talk to Bob.  He'll tell you about the couple in the bar. 
  7. Go grab the shed key in the hotel upstairs.  Jump off the roof Bob is on towards the top of the fire escape.  Enter the hallway, go down the hall and turn the corner, in the room with the sherrif zombie, is the key. 
  8. Open up the sporting goods store.  Go back out to the fire escape, climb over the railing to the platform, jump off the right side to get to the roof of the sporting goods store.  Climb up, head to the opposite side, circle left, climb up and drop down the hatch.  Grab a broadsword or two.  You'll need one for later, but there will be time to grab it again so don't be afraid to use it.  Exit via the door.
  9. Head to the bar and rescure the couple.  Give the guy 2 beers and talk to the woman. 
  10. You now have until 1PM before the next survivors spawn. 
  11. Go to the theater, exit via the back alleay and get the engine.  It's the longest run with a part you can't switch out,  try not to get surrounded or you'll drop it and have to clear a big pile of zombies to pick it back up. 
  12. Get the Forks, they are in the shed (for which you got the key) by the hardware store. 
  13. At 1PM go talk to Bob to trigger what IMO is the hardest rescue.  The bachelorette party.  Go to the bowling alley and talk to the women until they tell you they won't leave without their friend in the quarantine zone. 
  14. Head to the zone and find Sharon.  Give her the Zombrex you have.  I had no trouble with the next part, but I'm sure it's possible to get some bad zombie spawns and get screwed.  I just picked up Sharon and ran through them and all the way to the alley with no problem.  Then I talked to her friends and ran to the safe house holding Sharon again.  No problem. 
  15. Now you wait till 4.  If you get bored, go grab a mohawk in the barber shop or the slick bowling outfit in the alley. 
  16. At 4 go talk to Bob and trigger the rescure of the bikers which will net you your last part. 
  17. The bikers are behind the department store and require you give a broadsword to Jason.  If you no longer have one, the sporting goods store is on the way and you can grab another.  Head through the department store and out the back (save if you like at the point in the store).  I think the hardest part for me was killing the zombines on them without hurting the bikers.   Once you've give Jason the sword, head back through the store (direct and no zombies in the store).  And to the safe house. 
  18. Now wait till 7. 
  19. The last set does not require you to re-enter the safe-house to trigger it, so feel free to go stand by Bob (not in front, he will shoot you).  After he talks about his daughter go to the Sporting Goods store.
  20. Talk to Bob's daughter, then head back too the roof.  Talk to Bob and head back to the store.  They will reunite and join you.  Head back to the gas station.  If you have a spare queen, there is no reason not to use it now. 
  21. Drop them off and if you don't have confidence in winning the boss fight, save.  Go upstairs and grab the sniper rifle and OJ if you have space.  Time will be a little tight, so if it's close, just give Katey her medicine, you can safely reenter the station at any point in the boss fight. 
  22. Once you dose Katey, kill Jed.
  23. Examine the bike and ride out of town. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.