weapon combo post

#1 Posted by fox01313 (5088 posts) -

Since this is out now might as well get a post going on the different weapon combos. From the QL there's the nails+bat as well as the drill+bucket (wickedly cool). So anyone else finding good weapon combos put them here.

#2 Posted by Yummylee (22268 posts) -

I got those two plus the obvious beer bottle + Newspaper = Molotov. 

#3 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" I got those two plus the obvious beer bottle + Newspaper = Molotov.  "
Wouldn't whiskey make more sense than beer? Does it work with both of those?
#4 Posted by Yummylee (22268 posts) -
@Azteck said:
" @Abyssfull said:
Wouldn't whiskey make more sense than beer? Does it work with both of those? "
Make sense...? You mean like how 1 drill + 1 bucket = 3 drills jammed into 1 bucket? lol
#5 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" @Azteck said:
" @Abyssfull said:
Make sense...? You mean like how 1 drill + 1 bucket = 3 drills jammed into 1 bucket? lol "
Well, true.. But still.
#6 Edited by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

There is the rake (Or is it pitchfork?) and shotgun combo. Haven't played the game but I saw it in the trailer.

#7 Posted by Sogeman (874 posts) -

Isn't it only the whiskey? Beer is used with the hard hat

#8 Edited by myalt22 (101 posts) -

Drill Bucket - Power Drill + Bucket
I.E.D. - Propane Tank + Box of Nails
Boomstick - Pitchfork + Shotgun
Spiked Bat - Baseball bat + Box of Nails
Molotov - Newspaper + Whiskey/beer(?)
PaddleSaw - Paddle + Chainsaw

Don't know what the last one is...

#9 Edited by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

So far I've only gotten the Spiked Bat (which is beyond obvious, they leave the materials next to the bench) and the Drill Bucket, will try the Moltov when I get home. 
Another thing to note: Head up the roof of the garage where you're keeping Katie - you'll get a map of the area and a Sniper Rifle.

Edit: Also hit the Barber shop, a magazine that powers up Food items and a wicked cool Mohawk can be found there.

#10 Posted by EpicSteve (6495 posts) -

Rowing oar + chainsaw = badass

#11 Posted by fox01313 (5088 posts) -

Found the molotov with the whiskey & newspaper, sadly missed when throwing it so it didn't hit anything to see the explosion. Gla to see the improvised IED working good for both hitting & just shooting it. 

Also found that milk & oj in the game will mix in the blender (found in the diner) for nectar.

#12 Posted by Dr_VonBoogie (348 posts) -
@myalt22: There's a hard hat on top of the roof next to hunting store roof entrance, if you combine it with beer/whiskey you'll get a beer hat. Can some one please tell me where the car battery is so I can the electric rake.
#13 Posted by MysteriousFawx (384 posts) -

Up on the roof of your safehouse, along with the 50 cal sniper rifle, theres spraypaint that can be combined, still not found what with though.

#14 Edited by Bocam (3804 posts) -
@Dr_VonBoogie:
 Battery is on a dumpster near the movie theater. Also another combo is the cone + spray paint
#15 Posted by myalt22 (101 posts) -
@MysteriousFawx:  with pylon in quarantine area.
#16 Posted by Adexus (39 posts) -

So is this all of them? 

Box of nails + Baseball bat
Bucket + Power drill
Rake + Battery
Propane tank + box of nails
Newspaper + Whiskey
Shotgun + Pitchfork
Paddle + Chainsaw
Spray paint + Pylon/cone
Beer/Whiskey + Hardhat 

I needed Paddle + Chainsaw, Beer + Hardhat and Spray paint + Pylon/cone.

#17 Posted by Pessh (2460 posts) -

Can't find the hardhat/paddle.

#18 Edited by Adexus (39 posts) -
@Pessh:  The hardhat is near the hunting store, when you go around into the hunting store for the first time you'll climb along some rooftops, when you get to the third roof you'll see a bodged walkway to another roof, it's very near there.

I can't find the paddle either, having a hard time with it.
#19 Posted by Pessh (2460 posts) -
@Adexus:  There's a sports building across from the gas station. Its at the side of that building.
#20 Edited by Cyborgmatt (93 posts) -

The paddle is located just outside the area you start in, when you go into the first area where you encounter Zombies, look at the side (the garden type area) of the first house  you come across.

Some of the ingredients are pretty well hidden, so be sure to check on rooftops, in back alley ways and underneath cars etc.

Electric Rake
Battery + Rake 

Boomstick
Pitchfork + Shotgun 

Paddle Saw
Kayak Paddle + Chainsaw 

Air Horn
Spray Paint + Traffic Cone 

Improvised Explosive Device
Box of Nails + Gas Can 

Molotov
Newspaper + Whiskey 

Drill Bucket
Bucket + Drill 

Beer Hat
Bottle of Beer + Hard Hat 

Spiked Bat
Baseball Bat + Nails 

#21 Posted by Dr_VonBoogie (348 posts) -
@Bocam: THANK YOU!
#22 Posted by gunstar (253 posts) -

I am enjoying this "preLC" but the combo weapons kind of disappoint me. I was hoping they would last longer, because I am very weird with hording items that look sweet but I know will break. I'm running out of room to put these things!

#23 Posted by fox01313 (5088 posts) -
@Adexus:
Looks like it to me, just found the paint+pylon combo though I'm not sure what use of it is here (full game might have more duration) but as of case zero it only lasts a moment before fading off.
#24 Posted by Adexus (39 posts) -
@Pessh:  Thanks, got it and got the achievement :D

I'm currently slaughtering 1000 Zombies, 298 to go.

Spending $100,000 in the pawn shop will be a bit of a bore.
#25 Posted by HolyCrapItsAdam (448 posts) -

where is the hard hat? I've been looking everywhere but can't find it

#26 Edited by PNut_Buttr_Panda (486 posts) -
@Dr_VonBoogie: 
the battery is on a dumpster behind the theater.  

@Pessh:

the hardhat is on the roof near the hatch on top of the hunting store. and the canoe paddle is on the concrete riser near the sheriffs office.

@Azteck said:

" @Abyssfull said:

beer isnt that flammable. it has hardly any alcohol in it.  

@HolyCrapItsAdam said:
" where is the hard hat? I've been looking everywhere but can't find it "

work your way around the rooftops heading towards the gun shop roof. it will be on the corner of the roof just past the makeshift catwalk.
#27 Posted by radioactivez0r (866 posts) -
@gunstar said:
" I am enjoying this "preLC" but the combo weapons kind of disappoint me. I was hoping they would last longer, because I am very weird with hording items that look sweet but I know will break. I'm running out of room to put these things! "
In the department store (I think), there is a magazine that increases the durability of combo weapons. 
#28 Posted by fox01313 (5088 posts) -

Not tied to an achievement but guessing once the game comes out there's going to be a supplimental list on the drink combinations, milk & bacon give you the untouchable drink but also seen nectar & something i believe was called dragonfire, no clue on what those do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.