What is your favourite weapon in DR2: Case Zero?

• 0 results
#1 Posted by Sweep (8845 posts) -

I think i'm in love with the Paddle Saw,

though the Air Horn is pretty fun as well. The two weapons I enjoy using the most, however, are probably the wooden barrels and the brick. Watching a crowd of zombies stumbling around in wooden barrels is fucking hilarious, even more so if you then try and knock them down with a bowling ball. Epic zombie killing.  

The brick is surprisingly powerful, though it's durability is pretty terrible. I just like how fucking gritty it is, and the sound of exploding heads when it connects.   

And no, "The Brick" is not the new name for my penis. My penis already has a name, thank you.

What's your favourite skull-crushing toy, giantbomb?

#2 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

I must say that the trusty Spiked Bat carried me through most of the time, I usually had two on me at all times. And I must say I love how they improved the firearms, since you can actually MOVE when aiming! Paddlesaw and Air Horn also did their jobs right.

#3 Posted by AlisterCat (5537 posts) -

The sledgehammer is pretty devastating, but the best weapon in the broad sword. Jumping up in the air and slashing a zombie in half is pretty gruesome.

#4 Posted by Dr_VonBoogie (348 posts) -

Paddle-Saw

#5 Posted by Ramone (2962 posts) -

IED or electric rake

#6 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@Sweep said:
"

And no, "The Brick" is not the new name for my penis. My penis already has a name, thank you.

"
Ok, Bets on the name of Sweeps penis starts...now 
#7 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

ma mind

#8 Posted by Sedasys (149 posts) -

Gotta go with boomstick. The secondary attack on that thing makes me laugh every time.

#9 Posted by Sogeman (867 posts) -

For killing, the normal spiked bat or broadsword

For comedic effect, take a stickpony, use the alternative attack and then take a servbot helmet and put it on the same Zombie

Or try the alternative attack of the Kitchen Knife

#10 Posted by Sweep (8845 posts) -
@Sogeman said:
" For killing, the normal spiked bat or broadsword  For comedic effect, take a stickpony, use the alternative attack and then take a servbot helmet and put it on the same Zombie  Or try the alternative attack of the Kitchen Knife "
The kitchen knife is also amazingly awesome! Love the little chords that play in time to each stab :D
#11 Posted by Mesklinite (804 posts) -

The spiked bat for going around doing stuff. 
The paddle saw to kill zombies.
#12 Posted by Jeffsekai (7028 posts) -

IED and Sniper combo

#13 Posted by Pie (7080 posts) -

I like the little lawn darts

#14 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Moosehead and the Broadsword

#15 Posted by SamFo (1528 posts) -

The moose head is useful, because Chuck sprints when you use it. 
Boomstick secondary attack gets you 2500pp per use, so that one is quite good and probably my favourite!
#16 Posted by Sweep (8845 posts) -
@Red12b: There are a few people left who know the answer.  

This should be one of the giantbomb quests.
#17 Posted by commandercup (500 posts) -

A skull-crushing weapon? Are there any!?

I'd go for the broadsword's heavy attack, slicing a zombie clean in half is just too epic to pass-up.

#18 Posted by supermike6 (3561 posts) -

I really liked the electric rake, and the servbot helmet. The stick pony surprised me too. But shooting a zombie with a pistol feels pretty satisfying in that game, if not very effective.

#19 Posted by EpicSteve (6483 posts) -

For actual use, spiked bat. It lasts for awhile and kills zombies in one hit. The bat can also get you through a large group. For fun, however, paddle saw!

#20 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

The Boomstick, although not entirely practical, is my favorite. 

I haven't tried the Paddlesaw though....

#21 Posted by LowDef (4 posts) -

Lawn darts, without a doubt.

#22 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

Haven't tried all the weapons yet.
Lawn darts are pretty cool, and the Drill Bucket is funny but my favorite so far are playing cards, completely useless and the worst weapon to ever have against a shitload of zombies surrounding you.

#23 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -
#24 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

The broadsword, nothing better then straight up chopping a zombie in half. 

#25 Posted by CoheedFavorHouse (670 posts) -

i liked the bow and arrow a lot. simply because id go and chill with bob and just see how many arrows i could fit into a zombie before it died. it'd be cool if you could combine it with the bowie knife or broadsword or something and shoot blades. i think thatd be hilarious

#26 Posted by Milkman (16683 posts) -

Drill Bucket is probably the funniest I've found so far. But I feel like I haven't even seen half of the weapons yet.

#27 Posted by HistoryInRust (6293 posts) -

The Moose Head is a Dead Rising-ass Dead Rising weapon, which is exactly why I love it so. It's just insane seeing the guy wearing that on his head and mowing down zombies the way he does.   

Pragmatically, though, I'd have to side with the Spiked Bat. Thing seems to last for ages. 

#28 Posted by elko84 (1063 posts) -

Broadsword and Spiked Bats

#29 Posted by WhytePanther (107 posts) -

I'd always leave the safe house at the beginning with the sniper rifle and 2 or 3 spiked bats.  The spiked bat is an amazing weapon for PP grinding, clearing crowds, whatever.  The sniper rifle, despite it's name, is a better shotgun than the shotgun was.

For just being cool, the broadsword is nice, because it slices them zombies in whichever direction.  Take that Metal Gear Rising!  Didn't get to play with the moose head much though.  Moose head + knives for the full game though?  I hope there's something like that in there.

#30 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3075 posts) -
@WhytePanther:
There's a combo that involves creating a flaming Bull skull of some sort, that I can only hope works like the moose head.

Favorite weapon for me is the chef's knife.  When the full game comes out, I'll have to try and find a good outfit to go with that alternate attack.
#31 Posted by Cowmeat (142 posts) -

I used the assault rifle a lot.

#32 Edited by Yummylee (21547 posts) -

Sledgehammer's one of my favourite. Spiked bat for its practical use, too. Though I'll switch it up sometimes because this is one game where using the same weapon for so long will get dull damn quick. The large wrench is a satisfying weapon to use, too. 

Also bowling ball!

#33 Posted by chstupid (806 posts) -

Moose head and the sword
#34 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -

Yo bowling ball.

#35 Posted by Gaughan (97 posts) -

For me it's paddlesaw, broadsword and moose head.
Used that combo' to get 1000 kills.

#36 Posted by JTB123 (1046 posts) -

I'm pretty partial to the Drill-Bucket myself. I really like the IED/nail bomb too, gets good PP too.

I'm looking forward to seeing what other crazy combos are in the game.

#37 Posted by Brians (1461 posts) -

I enjoy the trash can. The cooking pot is good to.

#38 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

Heavy attack with the wrench is just brutal - it makes me wonder why they didn't add heavy strike for the crowbar.

#39 Posted by fox01313 (5069 posts) -

Liked the boomstick & electric rake a lot from having the ability to also kill off the nearby zombies if they're close enough. For the mundane/muggle weapons I thought that the bowling ball (for the comedy bowling attack) & the wrench (for the wicked cool amount of durability to the weapon) were also at the top of the list for me.

#40 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

The paddlesaw, but i also have fun with the drill bucket, build three of those babies and keep putting um on the zombies heads.

#41 Posted by Heartagram (1181 posts) -

Paddlesaw

#42 Posted by fugie7 (1109 posts) -

The drill bucket was really fun and the air horn.

#43 Posted by Gliz9 (78 posts) -

Broadsword to the max, I actually avoid guns whenever possible. 

#44 Edited by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Paddle saw is definitely the best. Second best is the electrified rake. And third is the sword.

No, I take that back. Third best is when you just have a chainsaw, and Chuck does that pretty little ballerina spin.

#45 Posted by bigyawn_hippo (20 posts) -

From the normal weapons the sledge hammer is very effective. My fav combination wepon has to be electric rake, love seeing zombies fly from the electic shock

#46 Posted by DeadBob (11 posts) -

The spiked bat seemed to be the most useful, but the paddlesaw is better at clearing the streets.

#47 Posted by Sanitysend (81 posts) -

I used the Spiked bat more than anything. The broadsword is a close second though, with the Nail + propane tank combo being very fun... Sticking that thing in the back and luring the zombie into a crowd and then.... BOOM

#48 Posted by Sparklykiss (1955 posts) -
@Red12b said:
" @Sweep said:
"

"
Ok, Bets on the name of Sweeps penis starts...now  "
Sweeper or Hamburglar. 

As for weapons: I love the Queen bee, the cart that the motorbike parts are in, and the electric rake. Even though I used the spiked bat most for convenience sake.
#49 Posted by Sweep (8845 posts) -
@Sparklykiss: Close, but no cigar.
#50 Posted by RedAuerbach (38 posts) -

Electric rake or Queen. Crowd control <3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.