Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 02, 2010

Dead Rising 2 is a third-person action-adventure survival horror game that takes place five years after the end of the original Dead Rising, moving its zombie apocalypse setting into the glamorous Fortune City.

Anyone having problems

Wizardtrain187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Wizardtrain187

I have yet to be able to run this game do to an issue with Games for Windows Live. GFWL runs fine with Dawn of War 2 and other games, but won't let me get past the date verification screen in reference to the zero day piracy protection software on Dead Rising 2. I've reloaded, updated, forwarded ports, etc and have had no luck. Any help would be great as neither Capcom nor Steam have answered me. 

PS: I am not an amatuer in reference to the PC, so assume I know the basics. I have never had a problem with loading games, even ones that required a bit of digging. This escapes me entirely. 

PSS: It is not  a sound issue by the way. 

Specs: i7 920 
    9 GB DDR 
    ATI Radeon HD 5870 
    Windows 7

Dejkrigeren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dejkrigeren
    Gavinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Gavinn

My friend had a similar problem and told him was of his files were corrupt and couldn't load at all turns out it was his executable. Him running off of steam purchase mine being the proper game disc, i zipped up my exe and sent him the file and worked perfectly. I also had a problem loading the game up at all which was a sound error i had to change my sound quality from 24bit, 192000 Hz to 24bit, 48000 Hz.. You need to check what size your .exe is, his being a remarkable 64kb somehow with mine being around 9,918 kb, if your file is lower in size then mine I can  try sending you the file over msn or something to help. Let me know in this thread, this applies to other users too.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#4  Edited By Soap

and this is why I don't play PC games.

Wizardtrain187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Wizardtrain187

Dejkrigeren-Yeah, I tried that but it didn't work. Did you do this before or after reinstall? 

Countyourblessings-there are two .exe files for deadrising, the smaller one deadrising2.exe at around 64 and the one thats around 9000 looks like this deadrising2.exe.zdp. 
    If you'd be willing to send the exe that would be awesome as long as it doesn't affect your game at all (since we both purchased I can't imagine we'd be penalized for fixing a broken game through this means). Do you have gmail?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.