Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 02, 2010

Dead Rising 2 is a third-person action-adventure survival horror game that takes place five years after the end of the original Dead Rising, moving its zombie apocalypse setting into the glamorous Fortune City.

Dead Rising 2

Dizazter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Dizazter

Finally beat this damn game.
    Finally beat the last boss after discovering the location of some stuff. Made all the difference. Level 29 now.
    I'm glad 3clipse got me back into this one, I wasn't far from the end when I got a little burned out.

After beating it, I feel like I understand the complete Japanese vision now. Also having the DLC costumes makes the game a lot more enjoyable. But once I get high enough level, I think I'll stop using them, as they do kinda "twinkie" the game a bit. And I'm glad I didn't get to a certain point then restart the game. But I get it now, like the leveling up makes more sense. From a gameplay point of view. The game makes almost no sense from a realize perspective, but from a gameplay point of view, it makes more sense now. Like the whole thing is designed so future playthroughs are more fun. And ultimately, after getting yourself fully leveled up, it will just be fun to roam through the mall killing things.

The things I'd do differently:

1. Gear storage in the safehouse. Store up to 100 items in the safe house locker. They'd carry over to multiplayer and game restarts.
    2. When you restart a game, carry over non-storyline survivors, so you don't have to re-save the same survivors. Kinda cheap getting PP for re-saving the same people, and it'd be nice to no have to re-save them. 
    3. The game makes a little more sense with the DLC, I feel like it should be "earnable" and "purchaseable".
    4. Inventory should transfer to game story restarts.
    5. 4 player coop.  
    6. Allow you to play as NPC skins.
    7. Possibly for extra challenge on future playthroughs, game would start with uberzomies, and gear would randomly generated, except for store specific gear. (toy stuff in toy stores, etc)

Dizazter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dizazter

Finally beat this damn game.
    Finally beat the last boss after discovering the location of some stuff. Made all the difference. Level 29 now.
    I'm glad 3clipse got me back into this one, I wasn't far from the end when I got a little burned out.

After beating it, I feel like I understand the complete Japanese vision now. Also having the DLC costumes makes the game a lot more enjoyable. But once I get high enough level, I think I'll stop using them, as they do kinda "twinkie" the game a bit. And I'm glad I didn't get to a certain point then restart the game. But I get it now, like the leveling up makes more sense. From a gameplay point of view. The game makes almost no sense from a realize perspective, but from a gameplay point of view, it makes more sense now. Like the whole thing is designed so future playthroughs are more fun. And ultimately, after getting yourself fully leveled up, it will just be fun to roam through the mall killing things.

The things I'd do differently:

1. Gear storage in the safehouse. Store up to 100 items in the safe house locker. They'd carry over to multiplayer and game restarts.
    2. When you restart a game, carry over non-storyline survivors, so you don't have to re-save the same survivors. Kinda cheap getting PP for re-saving the same people, and it'd be nice to no have to re-save them. 
    3. The game makes a little more sense with the DLC, I feel like it should be "earnable" and "purchaseable".
    4. Inventory should transfer to game story restarts.
    5. 4 player coop.  
    6. Allow you to play as NPC skins.
    7. Possibly for extra challenge on future playthroughs, game would start with uberzomies, and gear would randomly generated, except for store specific gear. (toy stuff in toy stores, etc)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.