Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 02, 2010

Dead Rising 2 is a third-person action-adventure survival horror game that takes place five years after the end of the original Dead Rising, moving its zombie apocalypse setting into the glamorous Fortune City.

Dead Rising 2 Special Edition To Ship With Poker Chips And DLC

BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson
    Capcom is offering its own exclusive special edition Dead Rising 2 bundle, sure to please not only fans of the series, but also serious gamblers with an affinity for the upcoming game's knock-off Las Vegas trappings or candy czar Willy Wonka.

Dubbed the High Stakes edition, this $90 limited release package contains a copy of the game, a set of 100 poker chips with four different colors, two decks of playing cards featuring character art, five green dice, and one "blood-stained" dealer chip. It also comes with a tourist map that details locations in the game's fake city, Fortune City, and a download voucher for the game's day-one Psycho-themed skills and costume DLC.

No Caption Provided
    But that's not exactly all that's being included. One very special edition will ship with an item that others will not--a golden ticket. And If you happen to be the dude that pulls the ticket like little Charlie did from a candy bar in the popular children's book, you'll be the proud owner of a new six foot tall zombie replica statue. That's not exactly an all-access pass to Capcom Japan or Wonka, but that should do the trick, right?

The High Stakes edition bundle is available for pre-order for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game. It's only being sold via the official Capcom Online Store, but those orders will be at your doorstep on September 28, the same day the game hits retail.    
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson
    Capcom is offering its own exclusive special edition Dead Rising 2 bundle, sure to please not only fans of the series, but also serious gamblers with an affinity for the upcoming game's knock-off Las Vegas trappings or candy czar Willy Wonka.

Dubbed the High Stakes edition, this $90 limited release package contains a copy of the game, a set of 100 poker chips with four different colors, two decks of playing cards featuring character art, five green dice, and one "blood-stained" dealer chip. It also comes with a tourist map that details locations in the game's fake city, Fortune City, and a download voucher for the game's day-one Psycho-themed skills and costume DLC.

No Caption Provided
    But that's not exactly all that's being included. One very special edition will ship with an item that others will not--a golden ticket. And If you happen to be the dude that pulls the ticket like little Charlie did from a candy bar in the popular children's book, you'll be the proud owner of a new six foot tall zombie replica statue. That's not exactly an all-access pass to Capcom Japan or Wonka, but that should do the trick, right?

The High Stakes edition bundle is available for pre-order for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game. It's only being sold via the official Capcom Online Store, but those orders will be at your doorstep on September 28, the same day the game hits retail.    
    Harlo37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Harlo37

So how long before giant zombie statue guy shows up on Ebay after the ticket is pulled? It's cool and all but it's a 6ft tall monument to celibacy.

Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Damien
    @Harlo37 said:
    " So how long before giant zombie statue guy shows up on Ebay after the ticket is pulled? It's cool and all but it's a 6ft tall monument to celibacy. "
    Agreed.  Also, why did this have no comments?
    Gspoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gspoon

This is not a very exciting offer in my opinion I just want the game and the map. 
    I would like more detail on the day-one Psycho-themed skills and costume DLC. 
    If it is not included in a new regular copy of the game I will be pissed.

Horry43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Horry43
    @Gspoon: From the press release it sounds like it will be available day 1 but there has been no confirmation. Also waiting anxiously to know that. I want all the DLC for this game I can get!
    vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#6  Edited By vigorousjammer

I'm pretty pumped, but I'm not sure if I should get this or the Zombrex Edition.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

Psycho themed skills? Sounds like something I hope will become available to all eventually!

jacobmccourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#8  Edited By jacobmccourt

See, I had pre-ordered the regular edition and saw this. Out of my love for the first game, I jumped on the pre-order. Now here's my problem, the value proposition doesn't really work for me. 

Dead Rising 2: 60 bucks
    DLC: 5 bucks MAX (probably less)
    Small Poker Chip Set: 10 bucks
    Map: 2 bucks
    Chance at winning the big-ol' Zombie: Value of the zombie/number of copies sold (i.e.: $500 Statue divided by 1000 copies = value of 50 cents)

Did I make a mistake? Will the poker set sit next to my Limited Edition Broken-Ass Big Daddy from Bioshock 1?

pabsi9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By pabsi9

Waste if money CE or LE are a waste of money

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.