Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 02, 2010

Dead Rising 2 is a third-person action-adventure survival horror game that takes place five years after the end of the original Dead Rising, moving its zombie apocalypse setting into the glamorous Fortune City.

Do the looters just have a sick sense of humor?

Baren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Baren

Ok I am sure this has been addressed before and if it has I apologize. But has anyone faced the looters and had them knock you out? Isn't it just a little weird that they take all your clothing and weapons but leave you with your money? 

P.S. I know it is probably for the best game play wise that they don't but seriously what the hell?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Baren said:
    " Ok I am sure this has been addressed before and if it has I apologize. But has anyone faced the looters and had them knock you out? Isn't it just a little weird that they take all your clothing and weapons but leave you with your money?   P.S. I know it is probably for the best game play wise that they don't but seriously what the hell? "
    Right now I do not think money is on the top of there list. Also money is a little hard to make outside of multiplayer. So that must be in place for that. 
    Baren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Baren
    @The_Laughing_Man: Given the situation it is understandable that money might not be the TOP priority. However, society exists in some form in the outside the breakout zone. If you went through the trouble of knocking some dude out and saw that he was carrying nearly 200,000 dollars on him would you not take that, or at least some of it?
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Baren said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: Given the situation it is understandable that money might not be the TOP priority. However, society exists in some form in the outside the breakout zone. If you went through the trouble of knocking some dude out and saw that he was carrying nearly 200,000 dollars on him would you not take that, or at least some of it? "
    In that city?  

Weapons 
    Zombrex 
    Clothes 
    Money  

That is how I would rate stuff. 
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Vorbis

Money must be important or why do they try and sell you stuff in the Pawn Shop?

Most likly it's just because it would suck losing all your money.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By metal_mills
    @Baren said:
    " Ok I am sure this has been addressed before and if it has I apologize. But has anyone faced the looters and had them knock you out? Isn't it just a little weird that they take all your clothing and weapons but leave you with your money?   P.S. I know it is probably for the best game play wise that they don't but seriously what the hell? "
    Yes why WOULD they knock you out and strip you down...oh...poor chuck. :|
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Metal_Mills said:
    " @Baren said:
    Yes why WOULD they knock you out and strip you down...oh...poor chuck. :| "
    Speaking of which..whos saying thats ALL they do..maybe they arnt just looting....I bet it gets lonely looting all alone....
    metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By metal_mills
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Metal_Mills said:
    " @Baren said:
    Speaking of which..whos saying thats ALL they do..maybe they arnt just looting....I bet it gets lonely looting all alone.... "
    They don't drag you into the bathroom all secluded and private for nothing.
    Baren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Baren
    @The_Laughing_Man: But they work in groups....wait a minute...oh god.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Baren said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: But they work in groups....wait a minute...oh god. "
    And now we know why Dead Rising 2 has a M rating. 
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Baren said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: But they work in groups....wait a minute...oh god. "
    And now we know why Dead Rising 2 has a M rating.  "
    Chuck is one sexy Grandpa.
    Pokechapp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Pokechapp

I haven't had the displeasure of being raped by the looters. I usually just waltz up and own them.... then a cutscene plays where Chuck drags them back to the bathroom and takes off all of their clothing, followed by a fade to black screen and 2 hours missing out of my day. So I mostly just avoid looters all together. But I must admit seeing it happen explains why Chuck continues to resist every female in the game.

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Raymayne
    @Metal_Mills said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Metal_Mills said:
    " @Baren said:
    Speaking of which..whos saying thats ALL they do..maybe they arnt just looting....I bet it gets lonely looting all alone.... "
    They don't drag you into the bathroom all secluded and private for nothing. "
    I really don't like where this thread has gone...
    matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By matti00

...You got knocked out by looters? I don't think I've even had them hit me yet, and I wouldn't even call myself good at this game.

takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By takua108

Has nobody played the first game? It's obviously just another box they had to check in the "yo make another Dead Rising" checklist. Don't get me wrong, I love both games, but yeah, it's like: 

• 50 achievement each with 20 points
    • underground tunnels with things in them to drive over tons of zombies and grind achievements
    • annoying vehicle that hangs around a specific area (in DR2 said vehicle will stay dead when you kill him, however)
    • opening sequence in which everything starts out alright and then shit goes bad real fast and it's all "JOHN HAS BEEN KILLED!" in big red letters right in the middle of your screen
    • enemies who aren't zombies but aren't quite psychopaths either who you get rather large PP bonuses for killing but, if they get you, knock you out, take all your clothes and stuff, and then you have to fight your way out
    I'm only a few hours into the game, but these are the ones I've noticed so far; there's probably loads more.
    Baren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Baren
    @matti00:  One of them came up behind me and hit me with a blast of spray paint. A quick time thing came up that wanted me to shake the stick and I pressed x accidentally. Next thing I know I was in the bathroom with just my underwear. That is so far the only time I have been even "hit" by them.
    DXmagma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By DXmagma

i've never been knocked out before so i'm not sure. but they sure as hell ain't getting servbot helmet and TIR t-shirt! TIR, it's the new tap out.

Bongos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bongos

Give us your money OLD MAN. Also after I wacked some of the little bastards and returned to the store a awhile later zombies were feasting on the corpses. It's a nice disgusting little touch in the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fentonalpha

The money is all in his bank account therefore untouchable.

NZV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NZV

They don't take your money because Chuck hides it in a very, very secretive place. A place that secretes things on occasion, if you will.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#22  Edited By Hailinel
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Baren said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man: Given the situation it is understandable that money might not be the TOP priority. However, society exists in some form in the outside the breakout zone. If you went through the trouble of knocking some dude out and saw that he was carrying nearly 200,000 dollars on him would you not take that, or at least some of it? "
    In that city?   Weapons Zombrex Clothes Money   That is how I would rate stuff.  "
    You left out transport, which is ideally more important than clothes and money in this scenario.  I don't care if I'm buck naked; as long as I've got a truck capable of getting me out of there with plenty of weapons and Zombrex, I'm out.
    Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By Romination
    @fentonalpha said:
    " The money is all in his bank account therefore untouchable. "
    Exactly. If it carries between games and online, it's not tangivle.
    Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Scrawnto
    @Romination: Thank you for inventing the word tangivle. I'm not joking. Tangivle has a nice ring to it. One day, I will find a use for that word.
    Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Romination
    @Scrawnto: You seem to be starting a movement of Typos for the Betterment of Humanity

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.