Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 02, 2010

Dead Rising 2 is a third-person action-adventure survival horror game that takes place five years after the end of the original Dead Rising, moving its zombie apocalypse setting into the glamorous Fortune City.

Killing psychopaths

kelbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kelbear

Does anyone know why they designed the games so that Chuck and Frank don't directly kill any psychopaths in their cutscenes? The closest they get is causing them to bleed out. But the vast majority die through their own mistake or some environmental danger.  

Would you guys have preferred Frank or Chuck to deliver killing blows? Or do you like the way they handle psychopath deaths right now?

Pokechapp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Pokechapp

I guess they would rather not force your character into doing something like that. It is your choice on what Frank or Chuck does. So for them to show either of them doing something that you don't agree your character should be doing makes it seem like it isn't your choice anymore. So rather they leave them neutral through a conflict. You are confronted by the psycho and then you have to either flee and stay away, or fight back. But when they psycho goes down it is time for you to leave. 

yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By yoctoyotta

They want to reinforce that Chuck and Frank are good, sane, well-adjusted people that would only bludgeon non-zombies to near death I suppose. I think it's fine, in a completely meaningless way. Actually, come to think of it, I don't think I would like them actually killing those people. So violent.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By agentboolen

I think its because your character is generally suppose to be a good guy, this leads him to try to rescue survivors instead of just hide from the zombies. 

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By willin

Would you react differently to Chuck if you put a Drill Bucket on the head of actual human against a zombie?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#6  Edited By alistercat

It's a Karma thing. They are their own undoing. You could read in to it as having some deeper meaning like a lot of the stuff, or take it at face value as cliché retarded stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.