Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 02, 2010

Dead Rising 2 is a third-person action-adventure survival horror game that takes place five years after the end of the original Dead Rising, moving its zombie apocalypse setting into the glamorous Fortune City.

please let this game have co op

Avatar image for imayellowfellow
    imayellowfellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By imayellowfellow

i really enjoy the co op on the resident evil 5 demo (i only played split screen but that was mad fun) and of course left 4  dead is an example of awesome zombie co op action

so please dead rising 2 better have some co op action!

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Coltonio7

You and Johnny 5 shoud start a club!

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OmegaPirate
    Coltonio7 said:
    "You and Johnny 5 shoud start a club!"
    Johnny 5?? he's alive???!?!?! ::o
    Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Coltonio7
    OmegaPirate said:
    "Coltonio7 said:
    Johnny 5?? he's alive???!?!?! ::o"
    Yup...I think...
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

i want frank west to come back and be the co-op character imagine Raping  zombies (metaphorically)  with 2 people 

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By BiggerBomb

I wouldn't be surprised if co-op was implemented, I think it fits the game design well. It's one of my bigger pet peeves when people cry about games (that shouldn't have multiplayer) not having multiplayer/co-op, but I see where you're coming from on this one.

I'd wager you'll get what you're wishing for.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OmegaPirate
    ZombieHunter said:
    "i want frank west to come back and be the co-op character imagine Raping  zombies (metaphorically)  with 2 people "
    Fuck the metaphor dude -if youre gonna go necro -its the safest way
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Holding each end of a huge sawblade and running through a zombie horde slicing them in two looks awesome in my head.
    Imagine doing it witha  friend over PSN or XBL? Awesomeness!

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    OmegaPirate said:
    "ZombieHunter said:
    "i want frank west to come back and be the co-op character imagine Raping  zombies (metaphorically)  with 2 people "
    Fuck the metaphor dude -if youre gonna go necro -its the safest way"
    Hey you dont have to put on a condom to do a corpse 

We might be on to something here 
    Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Coltonio7
    OmegaPirate said:
    "ZombieHunter said:
    MAGGOTS
    OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By OGCartman

Totally!
    Id kill for some Dead Rising co-op

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    Coltonio7 said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "ZombieHunter said:
    MAGGOTS"
    you say maggots i hear ....... lube :P
    cjmhockey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cjmhockey

Co-op would be awesome for Dead Rising 2.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OmegaPirate
    ZombieHunter said:
    "Coltonio7 said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "ZombieHunter said:
    MAGGOTS"
    you say maggots i hear ....... lube :P"
    Dude you are meant to be a hunter- not a zombie rapist!!
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

Cant i be both ^.^ 

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I would like co-op in Dead Rising 2, to be sure, but as long as they streamline the save system and the stringent mission design (which, really, I didn't have all that much of a problem with), then I'll be fine. 

The original is still one of my favorite games on the Xbox 360. 

LAMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By LAMP

Co-op undermines Dead Rising. Here's how:

1) It ruins the tension. If people are playing with friends, then there's basically no urgency since- base assumption- people will be talking to their friends like they normally do, and sharing their awesome moments. So any attempts to make the player feel like he's in a tense situation, like the 72 hour clock in the last game, will fall flat on their face.

2) It ruins the difficulty. With one person, it's decently hard work fighting off hordes of zombies. But if Left 4 Dead taught us anything, it's that real zombies aren't that bad. There's not enough "special" zombies generating on a routine basis to actually make parts of the game tense and difficult. Instead, it's just mowing down hordes.

3) It complicates the narrative. You would have to write the game especially for two people, but also, so it works in case one of them isn't there. Which is great in, say, light gun shooters, but on an action game as odd as Dead Rising got, you would basically have to write two seperate stories that would change as people accomplished things.

Now. If Capcom can fix all these problems, then, hey, awesome. But I don't think they'll even try for co-op, since RE5 is the big co-op zombie shooter right now, and they don't want to undermine the appeal- limited as it is- of that game.
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

masuta i think your wrong on just about every point you made 

1. dead rising is tense ? i think you need to put some hair on your chest because i dont know about you but i was laughing 98% of dead rising the other 2 percent was me with my mouth open in awe because i could not  believe what i was doing, nothing was tense about DR 1 

2. Dead rising also wasn't difficult in fact the game was rather easy except for a few boss battles which were not very hard and most of the times you didn't really have to fight zombies you know you can just walk past them ...

3. Your half right about the story thing but whos 2 say they even need story mode for coop... i would enjoy just paling around fortune city with a friend pressure free just hunting zombies, also if capcom does have any problems story writing is not one of them if they wanted the coop person included in the story im sure they would not break a sweat doing so.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

MaSuTa said:
    Post Deleted for Readability's sake.
    Dead Rising, as I read it, was never about "tension."  The 72-hour restriction was a mechanic to further the story, but it's not like the game is intending to be scary.  It's quite the opposite, I feel.  There's a dead-pan humor laced throughout the whole game.  I mean, that's why you get stuff like the Mega Man suit and the "Erotic" bonus for provocative photography. 

Difficulty was only a factor for the game in the early stages when Frank was a lowly, untalented scrapper, using only his surroundings as weapons.  Once he hit his stride (the higher levels, that is), and could fight his way out of most situations bare-handed, then the game gave way to it's humor, not to harp on that again.

And then with the story, the co-op in Dead Rising needn't be something like a campaign.  Don't forget the Infinity Mode.  OR the fact that, in the first game, the developers wanted you to keep playing even if you failed the main storyline. 

Dead Rising was about the fun of slaughtering zombies.  About having no mercy as you run a lawnmower over a throng of undead.  Not "tension" or "difficulty".  There was a story, but it certainly wasn't the cornerstone of the game's appeal. 
    clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By clubsandwich
    MaSuTa said:
    "Co-op undermines Dead Rising. Here's how:
    1) It ruins the tension. If people are playing with friends, then there's basically no urgency since- base assumption- people will be talking to their friends like they normally do, and sharing their awesome moments. So any attempts to make the player feel like he's in a tense situation, like the 72 hour clock in the last game, will fall flat on their face.

2) It ruins the difficulty. With one person, it's decently hard work fighting off hordes of zombies. But if Left 4 Dead taught us anything, it's that real zombies aren't that bad. There's not enough "special" zombies generating on a routine basis to actually make parts of the game tense and difficult. Instead, it's just mowing down hordes.

3) It complicates the narrative. You would have to write the game especially for two people, but also, so it works in case one of them isn't there. Which is great in, say, light gun shooters, but on an action game as odd as Dead Rising got, you would basically have to write two seperate stories that would change as people accomplished things.

Now. If Capcom can fix all these problems, then, hey, awesome. But I don't think they'll even try for co-op, since RE5 is the big co-op zombie shooter right now, and they don't want to undermine the appeal- limited as it is- of that game.
    "
    I agree with you, I'm a loner, I don't need nor want help.
    AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By AutomaticSnake

Whats up with gamers today and co op? Like every game that gets announced everyone just starts saying OMG i hope it has co op blah blah blah be it uncharted 2 or dead rising 2. You people have trouble beating the game by your self? seriously.....

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22  Edited By kush

This is one feature I really want to see in Dead Rising 2 ...I think this game could have really fun co-op, unlike the co-op experience I had while playing the RE5 demo.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By crunchUK
    OmegaPirate said:
    "Coltonio7 said:
    Johnny 5?? he's alive???!?!?! ::o"
    um.. yeah he's in the irc practically every day

Also i'm willing to bet it will. Online co op is becoming less and less of an extravagance and more and more of a rrquirement

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.