Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 02, 2010

Dead Rising 2 is a third-person action-adventure survival horror game that takes place five years after the end of the original Dead Rising, moving its zombie apocalypse setting into the glamorous Fortune City.

Pre Order Code BULLSHIT

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DriveupLife

Hey Gamestop? If the PreOrder Code for my Ninja skills pack is on my  pre order receipt, could you please TELL ME WHEN I MAKE THE PREORDER that I need to enter this code on my PRE ORDER RECIEPT that won't be on my ACTUAL RECIEPT by THE DAY BEFORE THE GAME COMES OUT otherwise the code EXPIRES and I can't get my god damn pre order bonus that I expected from you guys in the first place.

FUCKING. GAMESTOP.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Lukeweizer

Gamestop have a plan? You were expecting too much.

Avatar image for marcusravenheart
    marcusravenheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By marcusravenheart

Mine was on my ACTUAL RECEIPT, not my PRE ORDER RECEIPT and I pre-purchased the game from FUCKING GAMESTOP. Call your Gamestop location and explain the issue in a civil manner, and I am sure they will resolve it.  I mention civil, because the guy your talking to on the phone is probably not the person at fault, and we all know how much we love getting irate calls from nerd raging scorned customers at our jobs.  If someone told you that it was on the pre purchase receipt they are an idiot, and they didn't scan the pre-order item at check out like they did for me.  Just talk to a manager. 

- Marc

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Shabs
    @marcusravenheart said:
    Call your Gamestop location and explain the issue in a civil manner, and I am sure they will resolve it.    

I wish the Gamestops in my city were anything like the one in yours. Talking to the people in the Gamestops I go to in a civil manner leads them to talk down to me as if I'm responsible for their screwups.

After they screwed me out of pre-order bonuses in the past, I will never bother pre-ordering anything from them again. Better not to have the bonus than to support a terrible business.
    Garris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Garris

that sucks dude, my code came on this cardboard promo thingy taped to my dr2 case

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zajtalan

lol

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By dexterslu
    @DriveupLife said:
    " Hey Gamestop? If the PreOrder Code for my Ninja skills pack is on my  pre order receipt, could you please TELL ME WHEN I MAKE THE PREORDER that I need to enter this code on my PRE ORDER RECIEPT that won't be on my ACTUAL RECIEPT by THE DAY BEFORE THE GAME COMES OUT otherwise the code EXPIRES and I can't get my god damn pre order bonus that I expected from you guys in the first place.  FUCKING. GAMESTOP. "
    It's not on your Pre-order receipt, they don't put codes on 'pre-order' receipts EVER. If anything, it's on your actual receipt. I'm guessing whoever rang you up just forget to scan the SKU, call them and I'm sure they'll fix it. 
    DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DriveupLife
    @marcusravenheart: 
    I did this already. They continued to give me 16 digit codes for my Xbox version that requires a 25 digit code. That's "all of the codes they have". And all of those codes have expired anyway. And no the code was not on my actual receipt that's why I emphasized all that stuff
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @DriveupLife: Sue them, or something more practical call the Gamestop headquarters near you and tell them what happened and how it is illegal or make up some other bullshit.
    Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Raymayne

Yeah eff Gamestop.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By louiedog

Another day, another GameStop complaint by another guy who is just going to walk in next week to pre-order another game.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @louiedog said:
    " Another day, another GameStop complaint by another guy who is just going to walk in next week to pre-order another game. "
    I've since stopped, I found the glories of Amazon.com

99 cent release day shipping often, usually 20 dollars back on my next purchase, and its so big they usually get some awesome pre order bonuses....  and then there is the price gurantee, I recently got dead rising 2 in the mail, because the price decreased 45 cents before release day was over I got a refund of 45 cents :)
    TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

I've been to a Gamestop twice. NEVER AGAIN. Viva la Best Buy.

laussica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By laussica

I bought mine on steam and it won't work it opens games for windows live and doesn't do anything after that lots of people are having this problem ):

SepticShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By SepticShock

I had a similar situation happen to me yesterday. My store receipt did not have my pre-order DLC code, so I called the GameStop where I bought DR2 and they gave me a code that didn't work. I then called GameStop' s customer support line and explained what happened. I was told by an extremely helpful call center person that he submitted my claim and that I should receive a code via email within 48 hours. I did have to provide the guy with info from my store receipt. Hope this helps...

SpudBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16  Edited By SpudBug

Settle

you could have gotten a $20 coupon for your next purchase if you went to kmart also. Or DLC and incompetent gamestop employees. Whatever. I say avoid gamestop if at all possible.

Warskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Warskull
    @Shuborno said:
    " @marcusravenheart said:
    Call your Gamestop location and explain the issue in a civil manner, and I am sure they will resolve it.    
     I wish the Gamestops in my city were anything like the one in yours. Talking to the people in the Gamestops I go to in a civil manner leads them to talk down to me as if I'm responsible for their screwups. After they screwed me out of pre-order bonuses in the past, I will never bother pre-ordering anything from them again. Better not to have the bonus than to support a terrible business. "
    If they act like that ask to speak to the manager.  I know the manager in Gamestop isn't really much higher up than a regular employee, but he's more likely to help.  If he is also rude, inform him that you would like to file a complaint with his district manager.  Then call his district manager or Gamestop corporate.  If one thing motivates retail, it is not catching hell from above.  Shit rolls downhill in retail, so if you complain higher up, corporate will hear about it, the regional manager will hear about it, and the district manager will hear about it and they'll all chew out people below them.  Being on the bottom of that chain sucks. 

A bit better solution though is to never shop at Gamestop.  You are better off buying new games from Best Buy (better stock, no pre-order bullshit), Wal*Mart/Target/K*mart (often better prices), or Amazon (lots of $20 gift card deals.)  If you like buying and selling used games use Amazon, Ebay, or Glyde.  Gamestop's used game prices are ridiculously high and they give you crap for your trade-in. 

Gamestop is my last choice when it comes to purchasing games.  They rip off their customers.  They simple rely on their customers being too dumb to know any better.
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Milkman

Ice-T was PISSED about this stuff on Twitter.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This happened to me with the Splinter Cell Conviction silenced Spas 12.  I figured the code would be in the box like always, and it wasn't.  I went back and showed them the receipt and they wouldn't give me a code - they said they were "out".  That's the only bad experience I've ever had with them though.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By DrPockets000

Sucker

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By crusader8463

Ya the screwed me out of my pre-order when i bought civ 5. Assholes.

conrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By conrow

To give my Gamestop a little credit.  The guy at the register gave me a Mass Effect 2 preorder bonus card when I didn't preorder it for no reason
    EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By EightBitShik
    @conrow: and fucked the guy who did.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.