Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 22, 2013

Escape from the zombie-infested city of Los Perdidos, California in the third installment of Capcom's Dead Rising franchise.

About that timer..

TWISTEDH34T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I'm playing the game and there's this timer saying that a bomb will go off in a few days.
    What happens if you run out of time? Is it just game over? I'm happy that I don't have to get any zombrex to Katie, but I'm kind of stressing out over this timer. :(

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RazielCuts

Ha, that's kind of Dead Rising's thing, I guess you're new to the series? Although you did mention 'zombrex to Katie' so I guess you played 2?

I think Brad said the timer is less harsh in this so it might not be that big of a deal. I think Nightmare mode is more like the older games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
    deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the game/story. Previous Dead Rising games continue even if you miss most of the story mission times. Albeit unless some sort of all destroying bomb goes off. So unless you story-wise survive the bomb in DR3 then I assume that is the last mission and you'd die and have to restart.

Like the above poster said, Brad said the timer is less harsh so I assume that means it's longer than previous games. Not including Nightmare mode.

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im guessing its game over, im getting close to the end and have dicked around a lot and still have a couple days left. i think it gives you more than enough time to explore and do all the side missions.

TimFReilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TimFReilly

I can't seem to tell what the main timer is on the normal mode. I can see that side quests have timers but I'm not sure where to see the main story quest's timer.

Nostromov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@everettescott said:

Like the above poster said, Brad said the timer is less harsh so I assume that means it's longer than previous games. Not including Nightmare mode.

Like my physics teach. used to say, when you assume - you make an a55(out-of)U(and)ME; bc the timer is there (PC port).

@lusence said:

im guessing its game over, im getting close to the end and have dicked around a lot and still have a couple days left.

Not me; just started playing (for a couple of hours) and it's already down to almost four (4) days. Blows.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.