Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 22, 2013

Escape from the zombie-infested city of Los Perdidos, California in the third installment of Capcom's Dead Rising franchise.

Anyone playing this? I'm completely stuck...

daggon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By daggon55

So I'm not sure if I broke something or its bugged or what but I can't get past the first chapter. Right now the mission says "Explore While Rhonda's Busy" if I talk to her she says go explore. I've been exploring for a couple hours and the mission isn't advancing, am I supposed to do something? Its not telling me.

I also have a side mission that says "Get Update from Jamie" Who is Jamie? How do I get an update? There's no marker on the map and no way to get a mission description.

Am I just a complete idiot and missed something obvious?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
    deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Press up on the d-pad. Does it start a phone conversation?

daggon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Press up on the d-pad. Does it start a phone conversation?

Nope.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
    deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the only advice I can give you, is I went around killing a bunch of zombies, saving people, and doing side quests. I wish I could help more, man (or ma'am). At some point it randomly just said the quest was done, and it updated.

daggon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blah, had to restart it by using the "quit" option in the home screen. Then it started work, weird.

Thanks.

deathinstinct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By deathinstinct

Having the same problem but restart by using quit isn't helping. Also started a new game and having the same problem as well. I think I'm going to uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps.

EDIT: OK I tired something else and it worked. I changed the power mode from instant on to powersaver and reset. I also unselected the resume game quickly check box in the Power & Startup settings but don't think that was what did it. Anyway, came back into the game and Rhonda immediately would talk with me. Worked like a charm.

salamalama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am having exact same issue with mission update from Jamie. I'm on chapter 3 now and it's still have updated. I'm pretty sure it's a glitch. Kind of disappointing.

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it does take about an hour or so tops. did you try running the side missions?

TwcReconV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

K so I'm having the same problem but there is a marker for it ,I thought there wasn't but it's at the top left of the map. It's the diner you start out at. I'm stuck at that point though I think you need to be able to unlock a door .

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Coombs

@daggon55:

Go to the corner of the garage, there should be a blueprint

Pick it up, (Jack in the box, I think)

That should let you talk to her, At least that's what worked for me, As soon as I picked up the blueprint she yelled something at me and I continued the story

Beb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The Jaime thing is for smart glass missions. If you get the smart glass app on your phone and connect it will update

Discrete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm stuck on Chapter 3 on the task, "Return to the Comm Tower." I was on my way back and there was someone playing a character via Xbox Live. (The sort of sandbox multiplayer thing.) So this guy walked into the building that is at the base of the tower and shut and locked the door. Then he disconnected. No one else has connected as one of the players on the other side of the door. I don't know what to do. I've been playing this for a week and have done almost every side mission and gotten all the collectibles, but am stuck in terms of mission progress. The game has stopped for me. These are really bad bugs. I don't know if I want to start all over. I may just play something else!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecfb31b61925
    deactivated-5ecfb31b61925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

@beb: Was going to say this as well.

The Smart Glass stuff is really rad if you've got a device for it! I recommend using it!

Beb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@discrete: I don't think players can lock any doors...?

I think there are two doors in to the comm tower (upstairs and down) so have you tried both? I think the bottom one starts locked and is unlocked by story progress.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the exact same problem it's just a mission that seems stuck I've progressed through chapters and its still there....

debbiedoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone found Jamie and if so, where please? Thanks.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By flameboy84

@debbiedoo: No luck still tried using both the app and clicking on it in game.....so dumb

Avirk97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Avirk97

after killing Red i got stuck at loading screen and cant play further episode anyone help

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.