Freedom Bear - Confirmed!

#1 Edited by Yummylee (21789 posts) -

Oh God... After watching this video, the XBONE has finally shown me a reason to even begin to considermy next-gen console of choice... I'm still firmly sticking to the PS4 mind you, but it's good to know there's a potentially great Dead Rising game awaiting should I ever manage to get an XBONE later down the line.

That is if Dead Rising 3: Ultimate Edition isn't also released on the PS4 a year later or what have you.

Console stuff aside, this looks pretty darn faithful to the Dead Rising of old, and it was a great idea to quickly start showing off the sillier stuff to help alleviate the grumblings surrounding the gritty reveal trailer. Good to see stuff like banana hammocks in all their glory too, and of course, the Motherfucking Freedom Bear /salute.

Still could do with a little more colour, though.

#2 Posted by falserelic (5445 posts) -

Yeah the game is looking good, Though I wish it came out on ps4.

#3 Posted by Coafi (1490 posts) -

@yummylee said:

That is if Dead Rising 3: Ultimate Edition isn't also released on the PS4 a year later or what have you.

I really hope they release it later on the PS4, I know they say "exclusive" but it can be a timed-exclusive.

#4 Posted by Milkman (16851 posts) -

@coafi said:

@yummylee said:

I really hope they release it later on the PS4, I know they say "exclusive" but it can be a timed-exclusive.

It's being published by Microsoft so I wouldn't hold your breath on a PS4 version.

#5 Edited by MooseyMcMan (11136 posts) -

It's looking pretty cool. Not, buy an XBONE over a PS4 cool, but still, pretty cool.

Maybe I should get back to Dead Rising 1 and try to finally beat it. Or not. As much as I love that game, I also hate it.

#6 Posted by Anwar (877 posts) -

@milkman: ME was published by MS, right? So there's still a chance later down the line for that to happen.

#7 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1838 posts) -

@anwar said:

@milkman: ME was published by MS, right? So there's still a chance later down the line for that to happen.

But that was only after EA was the publisher.

#8 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -

This is kind of the only game that interests me on the XB1, but... I really wish it wasn't.

#9 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

I always want to enjoy these games in theory, but when I actually play them I never have fun and after dicking around for an hour or two I lose all interest. It being X-Box 3 only means that I can just pass on caring about it in any capacity as I have zero plans to ever buy that system.

#10 Posted by Anwar (877 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid: there was talk about DR1 and Lost Planet 1 being multiplat if the ps3 would've launched earlier, so making the GOTY version of DR3 available for ps4 isn't that unlikely.

#11 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1838 posts) -

@anwar said:

@connerthekewlkid: there was talk about DR1 and Lost Planet 1 being multiplat if the ps3 would've launched earlier, so making the GOTY version of DR3 available for ps4 isn't that unlikely.

Well they did release Lost Planet on the PS3 anyway, but they didn't ever release Dead Rising for whatever reason, Microsoft probably fought hard to keep Dead Rising on the 360 since that was one of those big launch games, so they'll probably do the same with this, and there's almost no way they can release this game on another system if they're publishing it from what the wiki tells me.

#12 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I might have to add this to my day one buys. I hated that the first two games FORCED you to move on. You where limited in time. They said this one in no way are you timed.

#13 Edited by BigJeffrey (5028 posts) -

I guess this is day 1 for me.

#14 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I guess this is day 1 for me.

Look at that damage modeling!

#15 Posted by Reisz (1508 posts) -

Nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.