Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

A Wii remake of Dead Rising built on the Resident Evil 4 engine.

I thought "Chop Til' You Drop" was a joke.

MikPick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MikPick

When I first saw "Chop til' you drop" in a headline for an article on the Wii port of Dead Rising, I thought it was just a little bit of flavor to attract readers. But then I noticed the same phrase more, and eventually learned that "Chop til' you drop" is actually a part of the name of Dead Rising's port. I find the name to be quite silly and kiddy, and definently shouldn't be in the name of a M rated game.

Soliduma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Soliduma

It's kind of the new thing in this game, you know, the wii controls. You chop with your wii remote!
    Yeah, kind of lame, the name and umm... everything.
     I'm not saying it won't be a nice game and I'm certainly not trying to make myself look like a graphicwhore (I own the wii and love the games I have) but Dead Rising (the original) was a game that attracted you for the gore in HD and it seems lost with the port.

I just hope they don't do the same with RE5, you do not downgrade a game just to milk a few more bucks for godsakes, Capcom.

ddensel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ddensel

I thought "Chop Till You Drop" was cool, it's better than "The Beginning" or "Wii edition" at least.

With a game like Dead Rising, the graphics don't matter, they just need to put in lots of zombies. With the RE4 control scheme and maybe if Capcom prices it right ($30-$40) this is gonna be a hit, and sell a million copies like RE4 did on Wii.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By brukaoru

The game itself looks like a joke. I know the graphics aren't supposed to be anywhere near the level of the 360, but holy crap, how can you make the game look worse than an old PS2 title (Hitman). Seriously, disgusting how lazy Capcom is being with this game.

And the camera looks like it'll be a major problem too.

I have very little hope for this game.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks

This pic sums it up well.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.