Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Aug 08, 2006

Freelance photojournalist Frank West struggles to survive a zombie outbreak after being trapped inside the Willamette Parkview Mall. Frank has seventy-two hours to get the scoop of his life while dispatching the undead hordes with anything he can grab.

Dead Rising 2 and Lost Planet 2 On the Way

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Famitsu Xbox 360 is reporting that sequels for both Dead Rising and Lost Planet are on the way, and that both games will be multiplatform affairs.

Keiji Inafune of Capcom told Famitsu that while multiplatform is pretty much a certainty, they are considering exclusive bonus content for Xbox 360 owners. 

"Both Dead Rising and Lost Planet were extremely successful games, but at this time we have no official statement on Inafune's comments in Famitsu." 
    - Capcom USA

AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By AutomaticSnake

They should scrap Lost Planet, first game was trash.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By kush

I don't care if they are multi-platform...I just want another Dead Rising already! The Wii-port of the original is just an embarrassment.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By c1337us

Personally I would be more interested in a Lost Planet sequel. But a Dead Rising sequel with co-op inplemented would be most interesting.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

Yeah, Co Op I think would have to be a must. With the introduction of RE5's Co Op mode I can see it happening easily.                           

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By kush

Co-op would be awesome in Dead Rising...and definitely a lot more fun than RE5's co-op.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks

[UPDATE]

It seems the above quote from Kenji Inafune is a mistranslation of what he actually said, according to Capcom ;)

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By PureRok

If there's going to be a Dead Rising 2 I hope they get rid of any kind of mechanic that has to do with taking pictures (or any other similar useless thing), as well as making guns usable as melee weapons after they are out of bullets (or even while they have bullets). Those were my two major gripes... except for maybe the whole setting (the zombies are fine... but the mall was kind of dumb).

AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AutomaticSnake
    PureRok said:
    "If there's going to be a Dead Rising 2 I hope they get rid of any kind of mechanic that has to do with taking pictures (or any other similar useless thing), as well as making guns usable as melee weapons after they are out of bullets (or even while they have bullets). Those were my two major gripes... except for maybe the whole setting (the zombies are fine... but the mall was kind of dumb)."
    Wtf?

Frank West is a photo journalist! It's his job to take pics. And how is the mall setting dumb? lol It's a good place to hide since you pretty much got everything you need in there.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks

WTF again.

Zombies and malls go hand in hand!, have you not seen a great George Romero film called Day of the Dead before?

The main character in the last game was a photographer, any good photographer carries a cameras with them at all times.

It may well be a new character in a sequel, but I still hope you can pick up a camera from a store or something and use it as you did in the last game.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By KamasamaK
    Linkyshinks said:
    "Zombies and malls go hand in hand!"
    I like Alex Navarro's idea about it taking place in an amusement park.
    AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AutomaticSnake

I really don't care where the next game takes place, i just want them to continue the story from where it left off.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By zitosilva
    Linkyshinks said:
    "
     WTF again.

Zombies and malls go hand in hand!, have you not seen a great George Romero film called Day of the Dead before?

The main character in the last game was a photographer, any good photographer carries a cameras with them at all times.

It may well be a new character in a sequel, but I still hope you can pick up a camera from a store or something and use it as you did in the last game.

"
    Just a minor correction, Day of The Dead is the third movie. The one that had the mall is the second one, Dawn of the Dead.

But aside from that, yeah, the mall is the best setting for any zombie game. I really wouldn't mind at all if the second took place in one again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.