A Minute Of Dead Space 2 Isn't Enough

• 59 results
Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

Ahead of E3, Visceral Games released a bit of footage for Dead Space 2, the follow-up to last year's mad freaky horror game Dead Space. In the video, you'll notice that Isaac is rekindling his relationship with the Plasma Cutter and that the tool still spells near insta-doom for Necromorph appendages. You'll also glimpse some zero-G action and get a good look at Isaac's sexier suit.

== TEASER == Other than that, there's not much here other than doom and gloom. I have a feeling, though, that we'll learn a lot more about Isaac Clarke's newest spooky-corridor-based dilemma on the space station Sprawl in the very near future at, you know, this E3 thing we'll be talking about all week.   

I'm definitely hungry for more footage of the game, but I really want to hear some audio. The sound design in the original Dead Space was simply fantastic, always able to conjure emotions that would otherwise be subdued by being familiar with how horror titles work. I can't even think of a game where I've felt more uneasy, more creeped out as I've played. Give me some wet-sucking sounds pronto, EA!
#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

Ahead of E3, Visceral Games released a bit of footage for Dead Space 2, the follow-up to last year's mad freaky horror game Dead Space. In the video, you'll notice that Isaac is rekindling his relationship with the Plasma Cutter and that the tool still spells near insta-doom for Necromorph appendages. You'll also glimpse some zero-G action and get a good look at Isaac's sexier suit.

== TEASER == Other than that, there's not much here other than doom and gloom. I have a feeling, though, that we'll learn a lot more about Isaac Clarke's newest spooky-corridor-based dilemma on the space station Sprawl in the very near future at, you know, this E3 thing we'll be talking about all week.   

I'm definitely hungry for more footage of the game, but I really want to hear some audio. The sound design in the original Dead Space was simply fantastic, always able to conjure emotions that would otherwise be subdued by being familiar with how horror titles work. I can't even think of a game where I've felt more uneasy, more creeped out as I've played. Give me some wet-sucking sounds pronto, EA!
#2 Posted by Protome (346 posts) -

Awesome! cant wait for this game :D loved the first :D

#3 Posted by unreal999 (74 posts) -

Cant wait for the game..

#4 Posted by JellyFish_Gsus (769 posts) -

damn comments go up quick

#5 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

I can't wait!

#6 Posted by PowerBombYo (192 posts) -

Looks good  to me!

#7 Posted by Pancakemix (20 posts) -

I bought the first game when it was released for PC then stopped playing a couple hours in, turns out I'm a huge wuss when it comes to scary games.

I really do like the game so I installed it again recently. Turns out I'm still a huge wuss... I will keep trying though because this new trailer looked pretty awesome.

#8 Posted by Luck3ySe7en (240 posts) -

The first one almost made me throw up from suspense, gore and the camera movements in zero gravity areas. I'll get my barf bag ready.

#9 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -

Please god don't fuck this up EA.

#10 Posted by Dustpan (1690 posts) -
@sixghost said:
" Please god don't fuck this up EA. "
To late.
#11 Posted by Jethuty (1023 posts) -
@JustTheDoctor said:

" @sixghost said:

To late. "
Why and how could they fuck this up?

stop being so pessimistic about EVERY game, ALL the time
#12 Posted by NarcolepticBat (410 posts) -
@JustTheDoctor said:
" @sixghost said:
To late. "
WOAHHH Cynacism is a fools best friend. 
#13 Posted by Spiritof (2021 posts) -

/boner

#14 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -
@Jethuty said:
" @JustTheDoctor said:

" @sixghost said:

To late. "
Why and how could they fuck this up?  stop being so pessimistic about EVERY game, ALL the time "

So hoping that a game is good is being pessimistic now?

#15 Posted by ArcLyte (881 posts) -

i squealed with joy and anticipation

#16 Posted by Milkman (16527 posts) -

Yes, yes, all of this yes.

#17 Posted by bybeach (4725 posts) -

Loved the first game. I hope they retain the art and edginess. Truly one of the modern beginners of what is now becomming adult games. A company isn't always going to make the top dollar off of such, but ppl. will remember them and want sequels.
#18 Posted by BigChief (503 posts) -

God, this looks pretty friggin cool. Hope this measures up to the last one!

#19 Posted by goodwood (600 posts) -

fuck yes. currently playing the first since I got it on the cheap and it is awesome

#20 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Holy mother of god.  Looks amazing.  loved the first game so much, I just hope they don't lose atmospheric stuff in favor of tons of actiony sequences.

#21 Posted by big_jon (5709 posts) -

Sweet
#22 Posted by diggity_dan (28 posts) -

Part of the appeal of the first game was that sense of being totally overwhelmed and underpowered. I hope they dont turn Issac into a super-hero-bad-ass kind of charachter, that would be lame. 

#23 Posted by BeautifulSpaceCowboy (601 posts) -

It looks great but reminds me that I need to finish the first one. :(

#24 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

As soon as I saw his helmet expanding and opening, I said FFUUUUUUU. :D

#25 Posted by Yawgmoth (2 posts) -

Anyone else notice the Unitology script flash up between the logo and url.  From what I could translate it says REBORN AS ONE 614. Not sure if the numbers are correct or what any of it means. Release maybe?

#26 Posted by EthanielRain (766 posts) -

Looks amazing, too bad I can't handle the scary :(

#27 Posted by fillmoejoe (1469 posts) -

Hell yes. I love the armor.

#28 Edited by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

That is one Sexy fucken suit.
That reminds me i should go finish Dead Space :P

#29 Posted by FuzzYLemoN (1600 posts) -

Ahead of E3, Visceral Games released a bit of footage for Dead Space 2, the follow-up to last year's mad freaky horror game Dead Space.

Dead Space came out in 2008, not last year.
#30 Posted by Lind_L_Taylor (3962 posts) -

Looks like more of the same. I probably need to buy
the first one since I haven't tried it yet.

#31 Posted by Gregomasta (1541 posts) -

The nail gun looks cool!  I can't wait to try it.  That new suit also looks great and Issac looks like he's done taking orders.  The plasma cutter lasers look way more bunched up, I'm a bit worried about about that.  The floating mechanics seem awesome.  One thing I do hope for is less annoying mini game sequences such as the Shooting Gallery in the marine ship in the first game.  Floaty aiming made level 5 of that mini game horrible.  Finally, I really hope they do the RE5 thing and let me start on the next hardest game mode with my previously upgraded character.  I Can't wait to see more of this game at E3; keep up the good coverage, uhh, linkage guys.

#32 Posted by theditor (61 posts) -

I'd rather have Brad give me some wet-sucking sounds.

#33 Posted by Gregomasta (1541 posts) -
@theditor said:
" I'd rather have Brad give me some wet-sucking sounds. "
No homo?
#34 Edited by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

Give me some wet-sucking sounds pronto, EA!

In space no one can hear yo...
Nope, no dignity to salvage here.

#35 Posted by Truitt (92 posts) -

I'm pretty excited...not gonna lie.

#36 Posted by Daveyo520 (6652 posts) -

I loved the 1st one and this one looks just as awesome. I can't wait.

#37 Posted by DerekDanahy (864 posts) -

Looks like more dead space. Not really sure if that is a good thing though, even though I did like the original.

#38 Posted by Arjuna (886 posts) -

I'm glad Brad thinks to mention the sound design.  He is right, best sound design ever.  Crank it.

#39 Posted by MisterMouse (3540 posts) -

looking good!

#40 Posted by Shard (106 posts) -

Looks good and did Issac pin that necromorph to the wall? thats always a plus.
#41 Posted by Box3ru13 (702 posts) -

Played the first one like 4 times through. Loved every minute of it. Please show more @ the press conference.  

Zero G stuff looks cool.

#42 Posted by SPACETURTLE (1622 posts) -

I actually only played the demo for the first one. I totally regret not playing the whole game, still I feel like the game might just have been too linear for my taste. I will definitely get this one though. Don't know if the linearity has changed, I doubt it, but still, this one comes off as much more appealing to me.

#43 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

The atmosphere seems to be even more grim and tense then the original. That's a good thing in my book.    

#44 Posted by ptys (1887 posts) -

Eeeeee...Efffing...Threeeee!!!! :  )

#45 Edited by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

It was very rare I got spat on by enemies, even on Hard (Insanity is next). Was it possible to stasis the spit in the first?

Visceral Games should totally rip the shoulder mountable from Ghost Recon: Future Soldier; even to make it a stasis gun to explain why there's a stasis meter on Isaac's back and not on his hand/arm as it currently comes off "gamey".

#46 Posted by Waffles13 (607 posts) -

Space church is the worst place to fight space zombies.

#47 Posted by Murdouken (709 posts) -

Man, Brad Nicholson. Your writing style is brilliant. Keep it up. 

In other news, the game looks exactly the same as the first which is a mixed blessing.

#48 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

Plasma cutter is the only gun Isaac needs. Just make it upgradeable and I'll be thrilled.

#49 Posted by JackSukeru (5903 posts) -

Y'know I played through Dead Space  and was never too fond of it. I definetly didn't care for the story, but the game was alright. For some reason I still really want this though, must be that awesome suit.
#50 Posted by DanCampbell (22 posts) -
@SPACETURTLE:  buy dead space
its real cheap and it still holds up 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.