Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

Dead Space 2 glitches.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

Don't know about anyone else, but this is my second playthrough and I'm going through on Zealot. It's not too hard as long as you take the right weapons. Well, where I'm at now, I didn't exactly do it correctly, which leads me into more deaths than I need. Overall though, it's easy enough to get through, but here's the thing: glitches. There's one where if I die, I won't have a weapon any longer which results in me having to simply quit out to the main menu and reload my save.  

The second in which I've noticed so far, is one that's just as bad, or worse. The other is that sometimes it just won't load my checkpoint if I die. It just sits there on the loading screen and does nothing but... load? Except for the fact it's not really loading. So what I have to do is quit out of the game, and start it all up again. All of this is really quite annoying and I hope in the near future it's fixed. I've read that there are other glitches, but I haven't run into any more (and hope I don't).  

There's a solution I've read for the glitch that makes it so the game doesn't load after a death. I'm really not going to try it because for one, I don't know if it'll actually help, and two, there shouldn't be any solution other than a game update. "Tip 1: There might be problems with your DLC files. DLCs typically are additional files that are able to override your game, like mods. So you should check or reload them." And the other tip is one I've already done, which is restarting the game.  

Personally, I'm loving Dead Space 2. I loved the first Dead Space, and this is a fantastic game as well, so I wish I didn't have to complain like this over such an amazing experience, but there needs to be something done about this. So, anyone else run into any glitches in Dead Space 2 and hoping they get fixed as well? By the way, if anyone is wondering what version I'm playing, it's the PS3 version. Don't think that has anything to do with it, but just saying for those that wonder.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By PixelPrinny

Ick those glitches sound no fun. The only I've encountered is once during my second play through when I got off of an elevator there was no floor or wall textures. I was basically walking in space for a short section of the game (though I couldn't just walk anywhere I wanted, the walls and floor were there, they just didn't appear to be). Beyond that though, I haven't encountered any other bugs.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Slaker117

That loading problem really sucks, luckily it never happened to me at all over three playthrus.

Did did run into a glitch with purchasing new RIGs however. Not sure what triggered it, but I had a few in my store that I never bought because I had better ones already. I was just blowing my money on them because I didn't need so much and wanted to see what they looked like. After playing around with them, I when to change back to my Elite Advance Suit and it wasn't there. Some others were missing as well, like the collector's edition one, but I don't remember all of them. Thankfully I had a save right before, so I just loaded that up.  Still kind of sucks that I can't own all of them, but it's not like it actually affects my experience.

GTFan712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By GTFan712

I was backed up into a corner when a Stalker charged me, and apparently knocked me through the wall and I was stuck behind it. Couldn't get out, had to reload the checkpoint to get out. It wasn't a problem, though. The checkpoint was inside the same room that I was in before glitching out.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bybeach

Well unfortunatly I expected you to say the PS3 system. I stick up for the PS3, the first Dead Space was great on it. But it just plain seems prone to this kind of BS. Not that I would do zealot, I'm having enough fun with the level above normal, and I tend not to like to do  replays. 

On the other hand I am replaying Mass Effect 2, and will probably replay Dead Space 2 at some point, 6 months to a year and a half from now. 

BTW, I'm playing DS- 2 on a new pc, and it is truly hardcore unbelievably wonderful, except again the computer I'm playing on is days old, built by me, and is having serious problems. However, I'm easily playing this game on the very highest setting's  with a smooth high framerate. I just wonder if I'm going to ever get this PC straightened out. 

Also, I am using a 360 controller, K and M just plain seemed awkward for this game, not for ME-2 however.
    Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Llama

There are 2 separate complete showstopper glitches in chapter 13. The first is in the room with all the gunk on the floor where the stalkers hunt you. There's a power cube somewhere in the ceiling that sometimes doesn't spawn at all. And another near the end where you get attacked by a brute where the hacking panel doesn't spawn. Keep 3 save slots so you can retry the area else you're going to have to replay the whole game.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM
    @PixelPrinny said:
    "Ick those glitches sound no fun. The only I've encountered is once during my second play through when I got off of an elevator there was no floor or wall textures. I was basically walking in space for a short section of the game (though I couldn't just walk anywhere I wanted, the walls and floor were there, they just didn't appear to be). Beyond that though, I haven't encountered any other bugs. "

Oh yeah, that happened to my brother. Except he turned a corner going back when he was in the church of unitology and he fell through in to pitch black and died.
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NTM

@bybeach said:

"Well unfortunatly I expected you to say the PS3 system. I stick up for the PS3, the first Dead Space was great on it. But it just plain seems prone to this kind of BS. Not that I would do zealot, I'm having enough fun with the level above normal, and I tend not to like to do  replays.  On the other hand I am replaying Mass Effect 2, and will probably replay Dead Space 2 at some point, 6 months to a year and a half from now.  BTW, I'm playing DS- 2 on a new pc, and it is truly hardcore unbelievably wonderful, except again the computer I'm playing on is days old, built by me, and is having serious problems. However, I'm easily playing this game on the very highest setting's  with a smooth high framerate. I just wonder if I'm going to ever get this PC straightened out.  Also, I am using a 360 controller, K and M just plain seemed awkward for this game, not for ME-2 however. "

Yeah, I can get the first Dead Space to run 60 frames at least on PC. I'm probably going to get Dead Space 2 on PC as well shortly after I experience the PS3 version thoroughly. ANd yeah, ME2 controls well on either system you get it for.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Yanngc33

well that sucks the only glitch ive had is a part of the scenery getting stuck on Isaac after a big explosion :p

Zaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zaft

I've had this happen twice.

If you open a door, allow it to fully close but NOT reset (to where you have to open it again), and then sprint through it, you might fall into a black abyss, which will then kill you after 10 or so seconds.

I believe the game unloads areas behind doors you've passed through in order to save on memory, and this is what happens if you manage to sneak back in when the game unloads it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

I have a feeling that the game is kind of saying "Hey, if you don't play me the way I want you to play, I'm not going to work properly alright?" Anyways, I've found a solution to the missing gun glitch. For my game and hopefully others that have this same glitch, all you have to make sure of is to keep more than one gun in your inventory, you can't go through the game with only one gun. So if you thought it would be a good idea to keep the plasma cutter only to get most of the ammo for it your out of luck.
    Avatar image for speaker4thedead
    Speaker4TheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Speaker4TheDead

Dude, I feel you. I'm playing on the 360 and both those things happened to me. I get tired of loading up saves...

neoj88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By neoj88
    @NTM: It's not a DLC glitch, because it happened to me on my second play through as well, and I do not have any DLC.  It's a common glitch that, as far as I can tell, only happens on the second play through, starting at chapter 13.
    sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By sixghost

Has anyone else had telekinesis weapons disappear while they were walking through loading areas? It infuriated me to the point where I stopped using TK all together.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.