Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

Dead Space 2 with Splinter Cell 5 trailer audio

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I'm not trying to have this be youtube spam or anything, I just think this is really cool and works surprisingly well. 

What do you guys think?
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By jkz

That really did work incredibly well, but what it really shows is that more companies should find some great, atmospheric music to use in their trailers, rather than just orchestral tunes.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By MistaSparkle

grumble...where's my daughter?...grumble grumble

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By zombie2011

Yeah this song has been used in tons of trailers, nothing new.

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#5  Edited By Jazz

That was great, thanks

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
    @jukezypoo: I agree, but I do think that orchestral tunes do a excellent job at setting up a certain tone.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jkz
    @wasteguru:  

True, but rarely are they used well (The ME2 launch trailer comes to mind as a perfect example). 

The Gears trailers have, in general, done well with more somber music, but my thinking that might solely be a result of the comparative rarity of those sorts of tunes in ads.
    Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Zippedbinders
    @jukezypoo said:
    " @wasteguru:   True, but rarely are they used well (The ME2 launch trailer comes to mind as a perfect example).  The Gears trailers have, in general, done well with more somber music, but my thinking that might solely be a result of the comparative rarity of those sorts of tunes in ads. "
    The irony is that Gears is such a loud and boisterous series that none of those trailer/commercials really convey. They're great commercials that certainly fit the tone of what they're showing, but they're selling a very different game. 

With things like this, marketing is much more concerned with getting your attention than finding the right music.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jkz
    @Zippedbinders said:

" @jukezypoo said:

" @wasteguru:   True, but rarely are they used well (The ME2 launch trailer comes to mind as a perfect example).  The Gears trailers have, in general, done well with more somber music, but my thinking that might solely be a result of the comparative rarity of those sorts of tunes in ads. "
    The irony is that Gears is such a loud and boisterous series that none of those trailer/commercials really convey. They're great commercials that certainly fit the tone of what they're showing, but they're selling a very different game.   With things like this, marketing is much more concerned with getting your attention than finding the right music. "
    Oh sure, I would never argue that. I was viewing the ads solely in isolation, as pieces of marketing material alone. 

Outside of that, I'd argue that trailers that are more somber in tone actually do a far better job of catching my attention. At this point, everything else on TV is a bombardment of loud noises, bright colors, and incredibly offensive stereotypes, so anything different stands out to me.
    bobcat1794

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By bobcat1794

that was perfect cus for one i love the splinter cell trailer and this worked really well they should use it as a joke
    Avatar image for amplifiedmuffin
    AmplifiedMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By AmplifiedMuffin

God damn, now I want a Splinter Cell/Dead Space crossover. Sam and Isaac killing shit left and right. It would be GLORIOUS.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.