Hardcore Difficulty Unlock (Video)

#1 Posted by CraigAA1028 (546 posts) -

After using my last save in a dumb spot, while playing through on Hardcore, I was forced to replay the ending hour of the campaign four times before I finally made it to and defeated the end boss. Adding up the times I had died at the end, I put around 10 hours into Hardcore. I was extremely happy, flipping off the credits screen, telling Dead Space 2 to go fuck itself for the hell it had just put me through.  

However, after trying out the weapon that is unlocked after beating the game on Hardcore, I'm starting to think it's worth it.  

NOTE: You can not use a Hardcore New Game + save for another Hardcore playthrough. I'm not sure why you would ever think of doing that to yourself, and I didn't expect the game to let me, but I figured it was worth pointing out. 

Enjoy. Video is available in HD.
#2 Posted by NTM (7263 posts) -

Well it's nice this has more insight than the others, but just so you know, there have already been a few of these threads. Good thing it's about Dead Space though.
#3 Posted by teh_pwnzorer (1482 posts) -

Hehe.  That's hilarious!   Best weapon ever.

#5 Posted by Porridgelad (90 posts) -

Love love love this, they've done a lot to make new game plus feel really worthwhile lots of cool little extras gonna finish another normal play through before I set into hardcore though. Any advice on save points? 

#7 Posted by CraigAA1028 (546 posts) -
@big_jon: Yeah, I get it.  

1) I didnt see the threads after a quick glance through the pages 

2) I finally beat hardcore and loved the unlock 

3) I wanted to record it and show it
#8 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3500 posts) -

Congratulations. That is an incredible unlock. A well deserved game-breaker.

#9 Posted by Prymet1me (99 posts) -

Great video

#10 Posted by amir90 (2154 posts) -

Congrats, now you can sleep and dream of Necromorphs killing you, while you are only holding a plastic knife and 1 health bar left,  :D

#11 Posted by CraigAA1028 (546 posts) -
@amir90: Um not sure why I'd have a plastic knife seeing as how you can't use knives in Dead Space but K
#12 Posted by amir90 (2154 posts) -

Would a flashlight suffice?

#13 Posted by CraigAA1028 (546 posts) -
@amir90: Eh, I guess. Though it's hard to imagine playing using anything but the foam finger now

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.