Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

Has anyone played this on PC?

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By granderojo

I was looking at Steam and it's 40 dollars. I assume it's Game for Windows live game and the like. Was it a good experience on the PC if you played it? 

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By coaxmetal

Great experience on PC, no GFWL though, which I like but might be a bummer if you are in it for the points. Looks fantastic and plays great with keyboard and mouse, or you can plug in a 360 controller, of course.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Ghostiet

Yup, it's alright. The mouse works okay finally.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By granderojo
    @Riboflavin said:
    " Great experience on PC, no GFWL though, which I like but might be a bummer if you are in it for the points. Looks fantastic and plays great with keyboard and mouse, or you can plug in a 360 controller, of course. "
    I was going to be plugging in the controller, but I don't care about the points. I'm sure steam has it's own achievements I can go after. 

I might just wait though, I bet this will go on sale in and around Portal II.
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I have a GTX260 with 4gigs of ram and an amd 5600+ @ 3.18ghz.

The game ran perfectly fine at 60fps maxed out. Make sure you force v sync through your drivers and not in game otherwise it will lock it at 30fps. I also played the game with a 360 controller which is natively supports. I'd say if you have a decent gaming computer that's newer than 3 years old you should be just fine. Also it is not GFWL so no achievement points there.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Venatio

My computer isn't all that great but it runs perfectly and looks and sounds great, you should buy it

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By RIDEBIRD

It's excellent, and by a far margin the best version. Looks a hell of a lot better and you can choose between controller and keyboard and mouse. Doesn't require much either.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#8  Edited By alistercat

It's not Games for Windows Live, PC controls are good but |I used an wired Xbox360 Controller. Looks great, runs great.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By coaxmetal
    @thabigred: It might go on sale, but maybe not, considering it's already down to $40 from the $60 launch price, after less than 2 months, which is crazy.
    granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By granderojo
    @Riboflavin said:
    " @thabigred: It might go on sale, but maybe not, considering it's already down to $40 from the $60 launch price, after less than 2 months, which is crazy. "
    PC games are like that. Portal 2 is 45 if you preorder for example.
    granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By granderojo

So what is with no PC demo?

Avatar image for createyouraccount
    createyouraccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just a note, there are no Steam achievements in the game. Kind of a disappointment for me but I had fun regardless.

css_switchfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By css_switchfoot

so i remember the first one had some mouse issues.  it was really sluggish to aim and felk clunky.

did they fix that in 2?

and did they ever fix it in 1 with a patch?
    KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#14  Edited By KillyDarko

It plays great on the PC, even the aiming has no issues anymore. Too bad the game isn't as good as the first one, though... but I'm very much aware that's just my opinion, so yes, go for it ^^

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a 8800 GTS, 4gb ram and a Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3.00GHz and it runs perfectly fine at 60fps on (essentially) the highest settings.

Controls works fine, too.
    JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JoeyRavn

I got it on PC, but it's totally unplayable for me. I can't fix the spinning camera, not even unplugging my G13 and my 360 gamepad, nor tweaking the joypad.txt file. I know it's a common problem that most people can solve, but in my case it was completely unfixable :S

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Riboflavin said:
    " Great experience on PC, no GFWL though, which I like but might be a bummer if you are in it for the points. Looks fantastic and plays great with keyboard and mouse, or you can plug in a 360 controller, of course. "
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NTM

Yeah, it's good. But it's just as good on the consoles, if not better on consoles because of the downloadable content. Graphically, the game is nearly identical, except for the frame-rate (depending on your system of course), some of the lighting is a bit better, and the resolution, though it won't be a huge difference unless you have a pricey monitor that has really great resolutions. If you play on consoles, and haven't got it yet, just get it on PS3. With the graphics not being that much better, I'm somewhat disappointed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.