Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

If this was played in movie theaters?

Ghost249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Ghost249

Let's say that a movie theater decides to play Dead Space 2 as a movie and let people watch a person play through the game on say normal or Zealot. Do you think it would be a good experience for the people as horror movies aren't doing so well and that Dead Space 2 could possibly freak out people perhaps? For me, I think this would be interesting as I loved this game even after several months after its release (and also laughed at friends who weren't prepared for this scream like they were actually going to die lol), and I believe that people who don't play video games could possibly get a good scare from this game since to me, horror movies of this year are terrible now... What do you guys think? How would you try to get horror games into theaters and what games(old or new)? 

Note: If this was already asked then uhh... I don't know what to say due to lack of sleep actually..

Edit: A better form of what I'm trying to say would be; if you were to screen this to the mass public (who either don't play video games or haven't played any horror genres) to view for FREE and you were playing it, would it be a good scary or entertaining experience for for viewers(those who stayed if you want a realistic scenario)?

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Twitchey

Well isn't the game a few hours long while the normal movie is 3 hours at the most.  

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Ghost249 said:
    as I loved this game even after several months after its release 
    That's the way it should be, you know..
    Ghost249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ghost249
    @Twitchey: it's a thought though, start in the morning til somewhat afternoon, it's just something that actually came to mind and it was interesting to me.
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#5  Edited By BeachThunder

Games aren't movies...

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Vinny_Says

Way to long, there's a reason Francis Cappola cut Apocalypse Now from 9 hours to 2 and a half.

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Twitchey
    @Ghost249 said:
    @Twitchey: it's a thought though, start in the morning til somewhat afternoon, it's just something that actually came to mind and it was interesting to me.
    I'm not trying to be an asshole but.... Who is going to pay to watch someone else play a game? If I wanted to play Dead Space (Which I need to one day) I would pay the money to play it myself and enjoy it at my own pace instead of sitting in a seat for 4 hours and watch someone else play it.
    Ghost249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ghost249
    @Twitchey: true about the payment part, and you know you do bring up a point, hmm... well I guess I'm just not very clear on what I have to say.
    MisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MisterChief

Only if Hamst3r was playing it.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By cornbredx

While I really agree, most horror movies these days are not horror movies, and I like watching game play stuff, I realize I am in a minutia of niche audiences.

No one would pay to watch game play as a movie.

Would it be "scary" or "scarier" then modern horror movies? In the context of just watching, for me no it would not. In the context of playing games I can tend to find them quite scary if done well (See Amnesia The Dark Descent) while I'm playing because there is an expectation for me to defeat it given certain tools and circumstances. I am also very easily able to put myself into the game if I really like it.

But watching someone else play something like Dead Space 2 I would not find scary in any setting. I'd be entertained, but not scared. If you want a horror movie, watch something like Alien or Flatliners maybe (sorry I'm tired and can't think of many movies at the moment but these are two of my favorites). I don't tend to be scared by movies anymore though. It's interesting to me a game can still scare me, but again when done well they can.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Marz

I definitely watched other people play dead space and #2, mostly because I would panic too much.  (i'm not into creepy gory games).   Found it interesting enough to watch it be played, as long as there isn't annoying commentary

Ghost249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ghost249
    @CornBREDX: you make a valid point, I'm just not so clear with what I'm asking since I'm tired as well, so I have put enough power to edit what the OP with something that I hope is a little clearer. Thanks for the perspective though.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By valrog

I don't know, it's just not the same if you watch instead of play it...

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By wealllikepie

that game is way too long, and why dead space specifically? it's not even the most cinematic game out there; you might as well watch someone play heavy rain (although that's also quite long)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.