Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

Last Boss(spoiler maybe)

PosichronicNet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By PosichronicNet

So I'm at the fight with nicole with 23 pulse rifle rounds and no stasis, did I just lose to dead space 2?

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Edwardryu

NO. you won't. DS 2 boss fight is much easier than DS 1 monster. it's just one bitch with several packs. jsut focus on destroying marker. it's just right in front of you. so it is easy to do. by the way, keep some distance to nicole, if you are closed to her, you will be died. see for youself what will be happened if you wonder.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By big_jon
    @PosichronicNet said:

" So I'm at the fight with nicole with 23 pulse rifle rounds and no stasis, did I just lose to dead space 2? "

Load a save where you're near a store. If you really want help you need to elaborate, what skill level? What other guns do you have? Any early saves in the level?
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By big_jon
    @Edwardryu: 

Dude the Hive minds was easy as hell, I never died to it and I beat that game four times.  

Nicole is hard on Zealot.
    gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gike987
    @Edwardryu said:

" NO. you won't. DS 2 boss fight is much easier than DS 1 monster. it's just one bitch with several packs. jsut focus on destroying marker. it's just right in front of you. so it is easy to do. by the way, keep some distance to nicole, if you are closed to her, you will be died. see for youself what will be happened if you wonder. "

Are you sure you can beat it with only 23 pulse rifle rounds? Because I'm in them same situation. I only have 25 pulse rifle  and 12 plasma cutter left and it doesn't seem to be enough to kill the boss.

Edit. I finally managed to beat the game by loading an earlier save and running past all enemies by using stasis on them. After that I managed to kill the boss with only one pulse rifle round left.
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By falserelic

If you kill some of the pack they drop ammo.

Avatar image for thehuntsmen5434
    thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By thehuntsmen5434

I had more ammo than that, and I just eventually gave up.  The sad part is when this happens to me in games, I usually just never end up going back to them.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By handlas

I can top that perhaps.  I'm at the last boss on Zealot with zero ammo for any gun (technically I only have the plasma cutter tho), no health packs, but like 50 stasis.  

I tried stasising her and punching her.  That works but when the Marker opens up I can't hurt it.  So Then she reappears with all those little creatures (they drop ammo so i tried punching them to death) but no amount of stasis can save me from death at that point.  I gave up for now...gonna have to do something about conserving my ammo through the gauntlet of bullsh*t prior to the final boss.  I have zero credits to buy anymore ammo or health at the store, however.

edit: Went back a save and sold everything in my inventory.  Tons of plasma cutter ammo now...still doesn't help me tho because I get overrun by those shadow monsters.  Definition of cheap as opposed to hard imo.  Spawning enemies in a circle around you....Nicole, herself, has literally spawned on me 3 times which is instant death.

GTFan712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GTFan712

I ran into the same situation. I used the Javelin Gun, which I had literally never touched before the boss fight. If you run from the pack of shadow monsters, gather a good group of them behind you, shoot a javelin in the middle of them, and then use Alt-Fire to electrocute all of them, it takes out a good bit of the pack while using only a small amount of ammo. It also works well when shooting Nicole, as you can Javelin+Alt-Fire her and take her out in a few hits. Save up any ammo picked up from the shadows, and use that to take out the Marker.

JusticeCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JusticeCat

Took me about 5 goes to beat this boss even with plenty of ammo - seems like it could be broken for you people, those enemys DO drop plenty of ammo though but it's tough. 

I ended up deciding to only fire at nicole - 9 shots from my plama cutter makes the marker vulnerable (and kills all of the pack) so i then reload whilst that is happen and then switch to my plasma rifle and lay in to the marker, as it begins stabalising i reload and then switch back to the cutter, rinse, repeat. 

I enjoyed the boss fight in ds1 much more.

Helimocopter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Helimocopter

force gun 1 shots the shadow pack monsters on normal difficulty, so i recommend using that

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.