Steam Deal (Offer ends 26 Apr 2012)

#1 Edited by djames216 (376 posts) -

Dead Space 2 for only $4.99 / £3.75 - http://store.steampowered.com/app/47780/

Edit: Please note, I have just realised that I put the wrong date in the thread title. It actually ends on 27th April and not 26th.

#2 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Says 15$ for me..

#3 Posted by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................... I still haven't played dead space yet and I have so many other games I need to play but still... hmmmmmmm........

#4 Posted by djames216 (376 posts) -

That's wierd. Here's the official tweet about it and a screengrab of the storepage as I see it.

Yes I live in the U.K. but the twitter feed states U.S. pricing implying that the offer applies to the U.S. (at the very least) and always seems to apply to the U.K. as well. Do you live outside the U.K. and U.S? Perhaps that's why you don't see the offer as it may be region specific?

#5 Posted by djames216 (376 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................... I still haven't played dead space yet and I have so many other games I need to play but still... hmmmmmmm........

It's a great game. I bought it last year and am coincidentally playing through it again now, and happened across this offer.

#6 Posted by TwoLines (2811 posts) -

It's 7.50 E for me.

Man, fuck EA.

#7 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

I took them up on this and I don't know why. I need to finish Cryostasis first so I don't clash proper horror/thriller shit with fake jump scare shit.

#8 Posted by big_jon (5732 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

I took them up on this and I don't know why. I need to finish Cryostasis first so I don't clash proper horror/thriller shit with fake jump scare shit.

Considering DeadSpace 2 is a better game, maybe just skip the other one?

#9 Posted by Demoskinos (14851 posts) -

Just checked... its $5 for me.

#10 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

7.5 euro for me... I bought it for the same price during the christmas sales. It's not a bad game. Repetitive and predictible, and it overstayed its welcome but for that price you can't go wrong.

#11 Posted by mordukai (7153 posts) -

Cheap. I payed $60 for this one when it came out. Still think the first one is better in almost every way. The only thing I feel the second game does better is the environments. Everything else got amped up to 11. All the subtlety and "out of place" feeling, and the slow methodical combat was gone.

#12 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

@big_jon said:

@AlexW00d said:

Yeah it's really not. BUT HEY IT'S COOL TO BE A SUPER DUPER TROLL COOL DUDE RIGHT?

#13 Posted by big_jon (5732 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@big_jon said:

@AlexW00d said:

Yeah it's really not. BUT HEY IT'S COOL TO BE A SUPER DUPER TROLL COOL DUDE RIGHT?

Really? Because reviews would disagree.

#14 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

@big_jon said:

@AlexW00d said:

@big_jon said:

@AlexW00d said:

I couldn't give a fuck about reviews. Or what some internet dick like you thinks. I am playing Cryostasis now, I want to finish it before I play Dead Space 2. Simple as that.

#15 Posted by big_jon (5732 posts) -

@AlexW00d: No need to get all mad duder.

#16 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

@big_jon said:

Just as there was no need for you to comment at all. Such is the internet.

#17 Edited by big_jon (5732 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@big_jon said:

Just as there was no need for you to comment at all. Such is the internet.

Just expressing my opinion. :D

#18 Posted by Binman88 (3687 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@big_jon said:

@AlexW00d said:

@big_jon said:

@AlexW00d said:

I couldn't give a fuck about reviews. Or what some internet dick like you thinks. I am playing Cryostasis now, I want to finish it before I play Dead Space 2. Simple as that.

Cryostasis is by far the better game, you're right. Better atmosphere, creative enemy types, unique game mechanics. I can see the mainstream appeal of DS2 though in comparison.

#19 Posted by TopSteer (657 posts) -

Is the Severed DLC not available for the PC version? I'm thinking about buying both games but not having the DLC would suck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.