Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

What are your thoughts about the Final Boss Fight? (Spoilers)

• 70 results
    WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

It depends how you look at it, you were either annoyed because you didn't get to fight a new Hive mind that was being created in the convergence, or you liked the conclusion to Issac's personal fight. I liked it if I'm honest; it fitted with Issac fighting with his demons mentally throughout the whole thing, I liked the touches with Nicole's appearance changing with his state of mind.

What did people think about that fight? I take it as her turning on Issac in order to make him destroy the marker through sheer force of will, I think she did want to help him all along, the abuse for the first half was to motivate him. The Hive Mind in the first game was pretty underwhelming if you remember, looked impressive but was a very simple fight.     

@Sarumarine said: 

"My favorite part of the ending (even though I hated it in the moment) was the Hive Mind/Hunter hybrid thing. When it bust into the room I didn't even know it was a new Necromorph until I chopped its limbs off, went to hack the panel and was attacked as it got up again. That thing was freaky in the way it just showed up, no big introduction or explanation. Suddenly you're being stalked by something that regenerates like the Hunter and has the head of the Hive Mind. I was having flashbacks to the first game when the crazy doctor guy is like "check this out, I made a Necromorph that regenerates limbs." Fuck that shit! However, the Ripper tears it to shreds without wasting boxes of ammo, so that was nice. "

I really disliked the regenerator, I was hoping it wouldn't be in this and if it showed up anywhere I thought it would be the Ishimura where you 'killed' the original. Also what happened to this one? It just sort of gave up the chase once you got through the final door? We saw in this one that the new marker attracted the Necromorphs rather than repel them like the one in the first game had done.
    Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By Sarumarine
    @WatanabeKazuma: 
    I guess I don't mind it as much as many people because it was fairly easy to slow down. It might just be there to lend some evidence that Convergence is serious shit if Hive Mind looking Hunters are showing up to this thing.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#53  Edited By Yummylee

Was pretty bleh, though Dead Space 1's end boss battle wasn't astonishingly awesome, either.

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By WatanabeKazuma
    @Sarumarine said:
    " @WatanabeKazuma:  I guess I don't mind it as much as many people because it was fairly easy to slow down. It might just be there to lend some evidence that Convergence is serious shit if Hive Mind looking Hunters are showing up to this thing. "
    I didn't find him hard to deal with, just annoying. The section in the original where you had to fight it in a confined room before being swarmed by other Necropmorphs was a nightmare on the hardest difficulty.
    septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By septim

Dead Space doesn't really need a boss fight. I thought it was fine for what it was.

I certainly preferred it to the tacked on boss fights in Mass Effect 2 or Bioshock.

For the most part I find boss fights to be a relic that don't belong in contemporary games.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By falserelic

Everybody has there own opinions. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5619720a117
    deactivated-5e5619720a117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

The final boss fight was hard as hell for me at first because I didn't quite get enough ammo to kill all the necromorphs on the way to the marker and the marker heart, so I had to reload my last save and run all the way back to the last store and sell the weapons I didn't want to use to stock up on ammo.  But yeah, after I did that it was hella easy.  I kinda wish they hadn't had Isaac get rescued though.  I was digging the slow camera back away with the credits rolling, would've been a cool ending I think.  But it was worth it for the call back to the first game's ending at the end.  "What?"

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#58  Edited By Gabriel

The Contact Beams Alt Fire saved my ass from Frustration.

blake_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By blake_brown

I was kind of hoping for something epic like the Hive Mind, but it was not too bad.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#60  Edited By spankingaddict
    @FuzzYLemoN said:
    " It's probably one of my favourite boss fights in a long time, to be honest. It wasn't the best fight by any means, but I still liked the atmosphere of the whole thing, so I was able to look past some of the gameplay shortcomings and still love it. "
    Exactly! Something about that fight was amazing to me. It's not always about how intense the boss fight is. Although i thought there should have been one more big boss fight somewhere in the middle of the game...
    Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#61  Edited By killroycantkill

I felt the whole final part of the game felt too much like an action movie rather than "survival". He's just ripping through hordes and hordes of necromorphs just pushing the fact that you're "Ultimate Space Badass". Also the final boss was disappointing, not the boss it self but the fight. Tons of 1 hit deaths and they ram you with so many enemies. Also the fact that you just went through 1000 nercromorphs before hand and you have no ammo. More frustrating than anything.

But I have to say the ending of that game with the "What" part was really hilarious. Still a great game overall.

Avatar image for wecsley_oliveira
    wecsley_oliveira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, just finished the game in the zealot dificulty in my first gameplay, and I thought that the whole chapter 15 it's very more hard than the final boss. Nicole just took 2 shoots from my ripper and the marker about 4 or 5 shots of my contact beam. Quite disappointing in fact...

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, just finished the game in the zealot dificulty in my first gameplay, and I thought that the whole chapter 15 it's very more hard than the final boss. Nicole just took 2 shoots from my ripper and the marker about 4 or 5 shots of my contact beam. Quite disappointing in fact...

I remember getting all the trophies for this game three years ago. I was 18 at the time, it amazes me to see this thread again. Anyway I've never even bothered to play Dead Space 3. The devs jumped ship with that game and I lost interests.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@wecsley_oliveira said:

I remember getting all the trophies for this game three years ago. I was 18 at the time, it amazes me to see this thread again. Anyway I've never even bothered to play Dead Space 3. The devs jumped ship with that game and I lost interests.

How so? The COOP? That was really the only part that turned me off of the game. Other than that I'd say the first half of Dead Space 3 is very reminiscent of Dead Space 1 and the 2nd half is more like Dead Space 2.

I beat it on hard and it was annoyingly difficult at the end though. I think I ended up having to get an online player to come in my game and help me.

Dead Space 1 is still my favorite of the series though. I enjoyed being in one location (almost) the entire game and the slower pace.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas said:

@falserelic said:

@wecsley_oliveira said:

How so? The COOP? That was really the only part that turned me off of the game. Other than that I'd say the first half of Dead Space 3 is very reminiscent of Dead Space 1 and the 2nd half is more like Dead Space 2.

I beat it on hard and it was annoyingly difficult at the end though. I think I ended up having to get an online player to come in my game and help me.

Dead Space 1 is still my favorite of the series though. I enjoyed being in one location (almost) the entire game and the slower pace.

(The only thing that I can remember)

When I heard it was going more for an action experience In general. I felt like it was slowly losing its essence, and the story didn't please me either. I've seen a walkthrough of DS3 and I felt kinda ''meh'' about the whole game.

EternalVigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas said:

@falserelic said:

@wecsley_oliveira said:

I didn't like Dead Space 3 for a couple of reasons. First, while the new crafting system is a neat idea in principle, it completely undervalues and nerfs the hell out of the classic weapons. I tried for the longest time to use the default plasma cutter as my go-to weapon like I had in the first two games and it's just not viable until you get some mid game tips and upgrades.

I'm also not a fan of the change in enemy placement and numbers. Dead Space's combat worked because the core principle was that while you were slow and clunky in your turn speed and movement, the numbers were always only about a dozen at a time, and they were just slow enough to allow you to dismember them without to much trouble allowing to manage the crowd effectively. The problem in Dead Space 3 is all the enemies are significantly faster and they all sprint at you, making dismembering them much harder. They also bumped up the enemy numbers per encounters quite a lot, so it's even harder to control the mob.

Maybe you could say I need to get better or something, but I got all the achievements in Dead Space 1 and 2, so I understand how the combat game in those games worked, and these changes really threw me off a lot.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas said:

@falserelic said:

@wecsley_oliveira said:

I didn't like Dead Space 3 for a couple of reasons. First, while the new crafting system is a neat idea in principle, it completely undervalues and nerfs the hell out of the classic weapons. I tried for the longest time to use the default plasma cutter as my go-to weapon like I had in the first two games and it's just not viable until you get some mid game tips and upgrades.

I'm also not a fan of the change in enemy placement and numbers. Dead Space's combat worked because the core principle was that while you were slow and clunky in your turn speed and movement, the numbers were always only about a dozen at a time, and they were just slow enough to allow you to dismember them without to much trouble allowing to manage the crowd effectively. The problem in Dead Space 3 is all the enemies are significantly faster and they all sprint at you, making dismembering them much harder. They also bumped up the enemy numbers per encounters quite a lot, so it's even harder to control the mob.

Maybe you could say I need to get better or something, but I got all the achievements in Dead Space 1 and 2, so I understand how the combat game in those games worked, and these changes really threw me off a lot.

The environment is a biggest let-down for me in Dead Space 3. In Dead Space 2, every single room was unique and you could also tell what the hell it was that you were going through (signs, and overall design told you if the room was in a store, a maintenance pathway, etc). Dead Space 3, too often did I find myself asking "What the hell am I walking through right now?". Granted, most of the stuff is military bases, but it just all looks so samey it's ridiculous. A lot of the rooms are just straight-up copy-pasted.

Also, yay for necroing dead threads.

EternalVigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternalvigil said:

@handlas said:

@falserelic said:

@wecsley_oliveira said:

The environment is a biggest let-down for me in Dead Space 3. In Dead Space 2, every single room was unique and you could also tell what the hell it was that you were going through (signs, and overall design told you if the room was in a store, a maintenance pathway, etc). Dead Space 3, too often did I find myself asking "What the hell am I walking through right now?". Granted, most of the stuff is military bases, but it just all looks so samey it's ridiculous. A lot of the rooms are just straight-up copy-pasted.

Yeah. I have to admit that's another major problem with the game, and it really becomes noticeable if you try and do all the side stuff, as it becomes really obvious they re-use the same areas over and over again. To be fair Dead Space 2 did re-use some the Ishimura areas, but to their credit it was done pretty well as they had gone over and changed the look of it significantly and it was a nice callback to the previous game. In 3 it just felt like they didn't have time to flesh and make new areas, so they just re-purposed the sames ones for the side missions.

Hooray for not even staying on topic either! :D

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@eternalvigil said:

@handlas said:

@falserelic said:

@wecsley_oliveira said:

Is that an unintentional pun?

Dead Space 2 is so good that I can forgive an easy and quick final "boss". It's not really a boss, anyway, it's just a thing that happens to wrap up the story. The gameplay climax comes right before that, when you're struggling against that healing guy while trying to fight off other necromorphs while making your way to the marker. Not a boss fight, but a good enough test of your gameplay skills for me to consider that part of the game closed.

I only got halfway through Dead Space 3 before putting it down. I'll pick it back up someday. It's a bad game but not so bad that I don't want to finish it.

EternalVigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By EternalVigil

@believer258 I liked that the final boss of 2 took place entirely in Issac's mind and it really was the climax of his visions of Nicole. Sure the fight is really basic, but so was the final boss of the previous game, and I have to agree the section you just fought through with the regenerator is probably one of the hardest to get through in the entire game so I can forgive it.

While ending of 3 does get super crazy, the final boss is pretty underwhelming and the story resolution wasn't the best (and it gets a lot worse with the post-credits DLC).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.