Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

Worst Collector's Edition Ever?!

• 145 results
    xSeanZx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By xSeanZx

Seeing the size of the box before purchasing, how did you expect the Replica to be any bigger than it is? 

Sounds like an idiotic mistake you made blamed on the part of others (EA).    

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#102  Edited By jakob187
    @xSeanZx said:
    "  Seeing the size of the box before purchasing, how did you expect the Replica to be any bigger than it is?  Sounds like an idiotic mistake you made blamed on the part of others (EA).     "
    Didn't see the box when I pre-ordered it, as the box wasn't made available back in October.  On release night, it felt like it could be smaller.  Right now, the size of the thing isn't that big of a deal now.  The real problem I'm finding myself in is the lack of detail, the bland coloring, the cheap attempts to make it worn out and used, etc.  When you compare the Dante's Inferno action figure from pre-ordering...not even a collector's edition thing but just from pre-ordering Dante's Inferno...to this Dead Space 2 Plasma Cutter, it's just a fucking sham.
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Aus_azn

Forza Motorsport 3 gave you a keychain and a 2GB USB flash drive. Both of which cost about $3 and $6 at a store, respectively.

Couple that with how they don't even give you a signature Xbox 360 game case, instead replacing it with a generic black DVD case.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#104  Edited By kingzetta

Name one collector's edition that is not terrible.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#105  Edited By Sooperspy
    @jakob187:  I was actually thinking of getting the Collectors Edition. Good thing I didn't.
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By handlas
    @kingzetta said:
    " Name one collector's edition that is not terrible. "
    Marvel vs Capcom 3 doesn't look too bad.  Only 10 extra bucks so that's probably what I'm gonna get.
    Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#107  Edited By Zajtalan

hahaha what a piece of shit! lol......nah it just sucks that it looks so shitty 

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#108  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Wow. That is kind of embarrassing. Then again, all premium collector's editions are usually pretty awful and make you feel like a terrible person for having spent money on all this worthless swag in addition to your hopefully awesome $59.99 video game. 

Although, I still totally use my Fallout 3 lunchbox from time to time (makes for good conversation once in a while) and I have the Vault-Boy bobblehead as well as the miniscule RE5 Chris Redfield figurine on my nightstand. But I've learned from my mistakes: Only get collector's editions if they are "free upgrades". Like Dragon Age 2.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By subject2change

Eh the RE5 and Resistance 2 CEs I bought (like an idiot) I feel were a waste. The only other i've purchased was Fallout 3 CE for PS3 and i ended up selling it cause I hated the game on PS3. The only one i've wanted since these purchases was the LBP2 one and that was for the book ends, but Jeff said they were kinda poorly made and I  decided against it. Maybe if/when I can find it as a price drop on Amazon or something i'll consider it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By jakob187
    @kingzetta said:
    Alan Wake, Halo: Reach, and Fallout 3.  Next!
    rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#111  Edited By rjaylee
    @jakob187 said:
    " @kingzetta said:
    Alan Wake, Halo: Reach, and Fallout 3.  Next! "
    In terms of Xbox 360, the Forza 3 Collector's Edition was really great, it was absolutely jam packed full of extra cars and had extra tracks on it too. It was really fantastic to see a collector's edition that's extra contents was entirely based around extra game content, as opposed to getting all these extra items that don't make a difference like soundtracks, art books, or useless toys. The only extra 'toys' that came with it was a very nice solid metal keychain with the Forza 3 logo etched on it (and I actually use this with my car keys), and a 2 GB USB drive with the same logo (okay, this item is sorta useless due to low capacity).

Also, if anyone else has seen it, I actually really like the Castlevania Lords of Shadow Collector's Edition (North American version). It all comes in a really unique hardcover-bound book that acts as an art book, and has a CD sleeve for the soundtrack and double disc bindings on the last page.

In fact, I really like Collector's editions that come in unique cases like steelbooks and such, just because they look great on a shelf compared to a standard plastic green or black case. Plus those steelbook cases are a guaranteed way to not get an eco-case.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By jakob187
    @heatDrive88: I don't know about all those.  Never bought them. 

The Alan Wake Collector's Edition came in a case that looked like a book, and it included a book called The Alan Wake Files (supplemental material to events in the game, so more story stuff), the soundtrack, a supplemental disc with all kinds of shit (gamerpics, premium themes, avatar award, video commentary track that you could install to your hard drive and play along with the game to, etc...), and of course, the game.  It was a great package...although a flashlight would've been a nice addition.  Oh well. 

The Halo: Reach Limited Edition came in a unique case with a pull handle, and it came with all kinds of crazy shit!  Newspaper reports about the attacks that were happening before and during the fall of Reach, DNA structures of Master Chief, just crazy amounts of tidbits about the history in the game and the universe.  The big prize was Dr. Halsey's diary, which talks about the creation of the SPARTAN program, everything that happened on Reach, all the politics behind the shit, etc etc etc.  VERY good read for anyone who is interested in the Halo universe's fiction. 

The Fallout 3 Collector's Edition, the $80 one, came in a lunchbox, and it had a really good art book, an iffy making-of DVD, and the Pip-Boy bobblehead that is pretty goddamn sweet. 

To be honest, I haven't once felt burned by any of the CEs I've bought, but Dead Space 2's CE is just so damn lazy in how it was arranged and put together.  The universe they've created has so much deep fiction, and yet they couldn't include more detailing on the gun or maybe a comic or something?  It just feels like the whole thing makes a good bullet point list, but in the end, it's not that great. 

Out of curiosity, do the Zealot Force Gun and the Zealot Suit only come in the Collector's Edition?  If so, then THAT has been worth the extra dough...because having that Force Gun from the start SAVES YOUR FUCKING ASS ON THE HIGHER DIFFICULTIES!!!
    rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#113  Edited By rjaylee
    @jakob187:  I'm fairly sure those Zealot items are only for the Collector's Edition. I have the vanilla Dead Space 2, and I didn't get anything extra other than a Rivet Gun because Gamestop had some extra pre-order bonus cards to give away.

That Alan Wake CE sounds pretty cool. I might have to check that one out.
    l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#114  Edited By l4wd0g
    @kingzetta said:
    Halo Reach. The journal you get is awesome. Star Craft 2. World of WarCraft should I continue?
    zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By zeforgotten

Nobody said it was gonna be a Life Sized Plasma Cutter. 
    You people just made that assumption because some random website told you it was life sized. 

Next time people should try either listening to EA or Visceral Games. 
    At least that's what I do.  

Also, Bishock 2 had a kickass "Limited" Collectors Edition-thingy with the LP and all that other stuff in it.  
    Halo Reach with the kickass Journal. Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood.  

dragonzord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#116  Edited By dragonzord
    @ZeForgotten said:
    " Nobody said it was gonna be a Life Sized Plasma Cutter. You people just made that assumption because some random website told you it was life sized.  Next time people should try either listening to EA or Visceral Games. At least that's what I do.   Also, Bishock 2 had a kickass "Limited" Collectors Edition-thingy with the LP and all that other stuff in it.  Halo Reach with the kickass Journal. Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood.   "
    Brotherhood's CE was awful. US wise atleast, that jack in the box was the cheapest made thing I've ever seen.
    bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By bybeach

Oh that is funny! I really laughed.........
    flannelbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#118  Edited By flannelbeard

OK, i am making a stand... 

These companies are artificially jacking up the price by selling collectors editions but they all suck. 

I am NEVER buying a collectors edition again. 

There i said it.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Edwardryu

goddamn it. why is this cutter required AAA battery? I have only AA rechargeable ones for my mouse, keyboard.  

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By jakob187
    @Edwardryu: I SAID THE SAME THING!  Who uses AAAs anymore?!  Don't we live in an era of non-replaceable batteries anyways, thanks to Apple?
    JusticeCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By JusticeCat
    @jakob187 Ill steal an ignition code from work for you today.
    Avatar image for thatnorwegiangamer
    thatnorwegiangamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here I was disappointed about the fact that we Europeans did not get the plasma cutter with the ps3 edition of the game.
    Man it really does look like a happy meal toy.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Edwardryu

it's not worst. when I bought mass effect 2 collector's edition, there were no soundtrack, no gun or no figure. well, it was only $59.99 at that time. but it was collector's edition I was expected little more than standard version. DS 2 CE is much better than ME 2 one. 

Von

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Von

Worst? No. The european CE of LBP2 took the price for that one 2011. (i.e You americans got a sackboy doll and bookshelves as well as a ton of DLC. We europeans got half the DLC, and they charged MORE than the american CE for it.)

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @Von said:
    " Worst? No. The european CE of LBP2 took the price for that one 2011. (i.e You americans got a sackboy doll and bookshelves as well as a ton of DLC. We europeans got half the DLC, and they charged MORE than the american CE for it.) "
    Absolutely, I was very disappointed by this.  Literally all we got was a metal case and some of the DLC yet we still had to pay more then what the US version cost.  Massive slap in the face.
    I'll pick up the game when it hits £10 now instead.
    Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Ramone

That Plasma Cutter is pathetic, sorry duder. I just went with the limited edition myself.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#127  Edited By Yanngc33
    @jakob187: Got it today got to say that you werent wrong about the gun man does that thing suck 
    ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#128  Edited By ToxicAntidote

I only buy LE/CE if it's on sale. I payed roughly 40$ for ME2 LCE.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#129  Edited By cornbredx

No, sorry, the Half Life 2 Collectors edition was still worse. You only got a black T shirt with that and all it had on it was the Black Mesa Logo. I mean, I loved the shirt so much its now a rag, but still... that was pretty weak as Collector's Editions go.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#130  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

THAT SHIT IS WACK SON

ZombieSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By ZombieSpace

Yo, people in space are just really really small..

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#132  Edited By Getz

Wooooow, that's weak. I don't even buy collectors editions anymore, but I seem to recall 20 extra dollars getting you a lot more than a plastic happy meal toy and a soundtrack in a paper sleeve.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By TheHT

It's like that tiny gun from Men in Black.

Just shoot something with it, you'll see.

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

Wow, at least the Plasma Cutter can be considered dangerous, it has the ability to make people cringe at 20 paces. 

I'm not a fan of limited editions but Dead Space is one game I could see where a lot of cool stuff can be devised around it, shame really.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#135  Edited By kerse
    I am slightly disappointed by the size of the plasma cutter, but at the same time its just gonna sit on my shelf or inside the box so its not that big a deal. Its not like I'm gonna be running around pretending that I am Isaac or anything like that....
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By LiquidPrince

Now I get why my friend said it was ass...

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Edwardryu said:
    " it's not worst. when I bought mass effect 2 collector's edition, there were no soundtrack, no gun or no figure. well, it was only $59.99 at that time. but it was collector's edition I was expected little more than standard version. DS 2 CE is much better than ME 2 one.  "
    I'd rather have the art book that came with the ME2 CE, then that happy meal toy. Which is why I do.
    Wasara88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Wasara88

Why oh why did i get suckered in to buy this. I didn't get my hopes up on the plasma cutter,but still it's ridicilous. There's really nothing interesting in the box. If your going to skimp on the content you better make the remaining one properly, even the box is just a cardboard box with a normal DVD-case inside and it doesn't even hold disc 2 wich has a pathetic sleeve.

Guess the blame is on me, because i practically bought this blind just because of my love of Dead Space.

JusticeCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By JusticeCat

I'm happy with my shiny :3

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Edwardryu
    @LiquidPrince: but it doesn't give you soundtrack. I love mass effect 2 soundtrack. I bought it from itunes. what a spectacular music!  
    by the way, don't drive during listening dead space 2 soundtrack. seriously I can't focus on driving. music is just creepy the whole time.
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#141  Edited By Hizang

In the UK there is a limited edition that comes with another Dead Space game, the Wii one
    elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#142  Edited By elko84

as soon as the box it arrived in i was like what this cant be dead space the box is too small (ordered online).  then i open it and see this crap?  i thought i was gonna get a life size replica plasma cutter.  garbage!

Wasara88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Wasara88
    @Hizang:  It's available everwhere,but it's only for the PS3.
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#144  Edited By Slaker117

I was pretty disappointed with with the plasma cutter's size at first, but got over it. Now it's just sitting to the side of my TV, and it looks nice enough at a distance.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Sayishere

the plasma cutter 'replica' is god awful

its like a mac donalds happy meal toy

correction

an OVERPRICED mac donalds happy meal toy

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.