Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 3

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 05, 2013

Isaac Clarke, now aided by a soldier named John Carver, pursues the ominous threat of the Markers to the ice world Tau Volantis, now overrun with the terrifying Necromorphs, as well as the Human cultists who worship them.

Amazon pre order bonus

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones

Just to let everyone know (at least in the U.S) that amazon is offering $20 in credit for all 3 platforms except the digital pc version. While I tend to not pre order nearly as much as I used too, the demo showed me enough to know Ill at least enjoy it. Anyway, I figured if anyone was planning on pre-ordering that $20 in credit is probably the best pre order bonus you can get.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Kerned

You can use the $20 you save to buy crafting items in the game!!!!!! /s

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RazielCuts

I'm super jealous of all this free money that gets thrown around with the US Amazon. Amazon is my jam for my online destination shopping portal and us UKians get nowt.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

Yeah, Amazon UK just gives you some fucking gun or something... Which is diddily shit compared to a $20/£12 credit voucher.

@RazielCuts said:

I'm super jealous of all this free money that gets thrown around with the US Amazon. Amazon is my jam for my online destination shopping portal and us UKians get nowt.

Y U NO USE SHOPTO.NET

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By PhilipDuck

Yeah awesome for US getting the $20 credit ! We get that downloadable gun which is pointless... I'm buying on Game over here.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By colourful_hippie

No love for digital download? Lame.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @PhilipDuck@Yummylee wanna hear something even worse my UK brothers? The amazon pre order includes the 20 dollar voucher AND the downloadable gun. Really curious as to why they don't do the same bonuses in US and UK. Especially since it seems like it's a decision amazon makes
    RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RazielCuts

@Yummylee: My buddy had some problems in the past with them I think, delayed packages, getting lost in the post etc so I've never really given them a shot. Just checked out their site now, it seems super slow for me (?). Prices seem comparable to everywhere else too. I either use Amazon or Zavvi, used to use Play but they kinda went up the shitter (and now they're just turning into a sellers site anyway).

Also, where else can I get a copy of Ni No Kuni and a pack of condoms? I ask you that!

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Marz

you can do this for Crysis 3 and Simcity as well... think it's just a thing for upcoming EA games and get a 20$ amazon credit for each game.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OfficeGamer

But....why would you pay money for a product before it's out? Why would you buy a game before you make sure, using the internet, that it's worth your cash?

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vanek

I can forgive Amazon for not paying tax properly in the UK but to then still treat us like shite compared to the US? Unforgivable. Fuck you Amazon, my money goes to Shopto.net because they are better in every way.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Barrock

@OfficeGamer said:

But....why would you pay money for a product before it's out? Why would you buy a game before you make sure, using the internet, that it's worth your cash?

They don't take any money until the game comes out. Reviews usually come out a day or two beforehand. If they all come out and slam the game, you just cancel your pre-order.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By audiosnow

@OfficeGamer said:

Because for some people, twenty dollars assuages any uncertainty regarding a product's quality.

Heck, twenty bucks does a good deal of that for me sometimes...

EDIT: But as for why the UK does't get the credit, I imagine the logistics are much, much madder than for DLC. I don't think it's a case of Amazon choosing not to extend it out of spite. It's likely a huge hassle considering how funds are transferred and valued between nations.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OfficeGamer

@Barrock said:

@OfficeGamer said:

They don't take any money until the game comes out. Reviews usually come out a day or two beforehand. If they all come out and slam the game, you just cancel your pre-order.

Then I guess the follow-up question is, why would you base whether to spend the money or not on a review that is basically another person telling you what they thought of the game? It takes a lot more than just a bunch of strangers on the internet for me to decide. I have to see real time gameplay videos, and see some forum threads from the people who did buy it, to get a real sense of whether I will enjoy it by my personal standards. Sometimes a game can be complex in a way where trying out a torrent before spending the cash is just the only way to be sure, it's not a movie!

I guess I just value my salary more than others.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @OfficeGamer said:

As I said above, I tend to never pre-order a game unless it's something I know I will get. Based on the demo I know I will enjoy it, that's why they are there, "try before you buy". So instead of waiting a day and saying "Oh, I was right, I will get this game today." I get a bonus for buying a product I knew I would buy anyway. 

Also I do believe Arthur Gies had some really nice things to say about it on some podcast that slips my mind, as well as his twitter. Also, people on gaf (which I confess, is less reliable) seem to be really liking it.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Sackmanjones said:
    Just to let everyone know (at least in the U.S) that amazon is offering $20 in credit for all 3 platforms except the digital pc version. While I tend to not pre order nearly as much as I used too, the demo showed me enough to know Ill at least enjoy it. Anyway, I figured if anyone was planning on pre-ordering that $20 in credit is probably the best pre order bonus you can get.
    I got it at gamestop. Something about a Certain gun... 

I just want my plasma cutter. 
    PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By PhilipDuck

@Sackmanjones said:

@PhilipDuck@Yummylee wanna hear something even worse my UK brothers? The amazon pre order includes the 20 dollar voucher AND the downloadable gun. Really curious as to why they don't do the same bonuses in US and UK. Especially since it seems like it's a decision amazon makes

fml..

Elfen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Elfen

I am buying mine from best buy. They are also offering the $20 back plus points toward more money back. I got my Dead Space 3 Dev Edition yesterday. I have the Marker displayed on my desk at the office. I just thinks its funny no one at my office has any idea what it means.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Funkydupe

Digital is where it is at for me now. I don't want dvds and covers.

Elfen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Elfen

did anyone review DS3 yet?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.