Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 3

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 05, 2013

Isaac Clarke, now aided by a soldier named John Carver, pursues the ominous threat of the Markers to the ice world Tau Volantis, now overrun with the terrifying Necromorphs, as well as the Human cultists who worship them.

Did anybody from Dead Space 2 work on this game?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Sooty
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ghostiet

She has heterochromia now, so yeah, it's artificial. It's a weird nitpick to make, considering the technology operated in this universe.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

Didn't they mention artificial or regrowing limbs or something in the original, in case one of the engineers had an accident?

I always figured that if Ellie were to return, she would have a fake eye of some sort. In fact, I thought it would be cool if Dead Space 3 had you play as her and you could use the eye as a sort of gadget for things, turn it into a sort of Metroidvania. Tell me that wouldn't be much better than what we've seen fucking awesome.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

That's just one of those things you can easily chalk up to ''it's the future/Sci-fi''.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By kerse

Yeah having a fake eye that looks pretty real isn't that weird for how advanced their tech is, or even a transplant. As long as they address it with a line of dialogue or something its fine.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Like I said before there is a log in his bed stating they could only afford that eye.

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By owack6

I completely forgot she loses her eye in DS2, it was kind of weird when i saw she has one green eye and one blue eye in this it didn't even occur to me!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Sooty said:

Well this is weird: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_uRNEhM8Yo&feature=youtu.be&t=1m8s

Probably explained by the future being capable of eye transplants, but still.

There is a log right at the start that states its one the could afford. Meaning it was a money thing.

Totally.

IGN guy probably feels like kind of a goof. Then again he works at IGN so he's probably numb to the feeling.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.