Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 3

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 05, 2013

Isaac Clarke, now aided by a soldier named John Carver, pursues the ominous threat of the Markers to the ice world Tau Volantis, now overrun with the terrifying Necromorphs, as well as the Human cultists who worship them.

First review in. More to come later.

• 150 results
    Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Quarters

@Yummylee said:

@Humanity: The controls in the classic Resident Evil games, since I assume that's what you're referring to, are just as responsive as the controls in RE4 onward. Seriously, as far as tank controls go, they're surprisingly smooth in games like RE3 and the remake in particular.

Glad you said that. Man, I hate when people continually make that mistake. Back when RE4 came out, everyone kept going on and on about how much better the controls were, but the truth is they were hardly altered. The aiming is different, but that's it. The only thing that was changed drastically was the camera. Wish more people would pick up on that.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Sooty

If I hated myself I would buy this game regardless of how I feel about the action focus and micro-transactions, just so I can do hardcore mode like I did on Dead Space 2.

...but no, no way in hell am I doing hardcore mode again. It was fun. Until I died three times during the last QTE of the game and had to do the last boss again. Never felt so stupid.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#53  Edited By Humanity

@Yummylee: You're nuttier than a cashew YummyLee but I respect your points of view even if I don't agree with a lot of them!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By NTM

Oh crap! Dead Space 3 quick look... I hope they like it. Gahhhhhhh.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really was interested in the game until the Dev open his mouth about the PC version and said where lucky to have m/k controls in the game WTF. I have serious doubts about this game I love the first two games but this looks generic the universal ammo idea sucks I don't like it and the game should not have co op.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Nekroskop

Would buy it, but you know; Origin...

Pixeldemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Pixeldemon

@NTM said:

Brad's review will probably be up tonight or early tomorrow.

jebara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By jebara

Early reviews are the least reliable, best to wait it out.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By NTM

@jebara: Again, this isn't a thread primarily because of the reviews. I'm well aware that that's true, but I'm also not one that will listen to the review, I'll simply read them. Regardless of what the game gets, I'm buying it tomorrow.

@Pixeldemon: Maybe. It seems weird to not hear them talk about the game, though I guess there's a reason for it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#60  Edited By Yummylee

@Pixeldemon said:

@NTM said:

Brad's review will probably be up tonight or early tomorrow.

Most likely tonight since they would have, usually, put that on the schedule, too. Although I could be misremembering things. In any case, I think it's safe to say that Brad likes Dead Space 3 and we may already have two 5 star games (by which I mean from the GB POV of course) within just the first couple of months.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By NTM

@Yummylee: Why would that be safe to say, 'cause we already know he likes Dead Space for the action? I'm not sure. I hope he likes it that much, but I keep expecting lower, because that's just how it goes.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I think this is going to be a pleasant surprise for many. The pre-release is almost DmC like in some ways but I think EA fucked up the marketing so bad that I can't really compare the two or blame people for being down on it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By NTM

@mrfluke: Where does it say that?

Edit - OK, I just read that it was leaked, and yet Andrew Reiner called the leak a fake on twitter saying "Tim didn't give Dead Space 3 a 7.5. Not sure where this rumor started."

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Humanity

I've been kind of avoiding all media for this game for a while now just wanting to go into super fresh - kinda torn about watching the quick look tomorrow.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By NTM

@Humanity: Yeah, but I think giantbomb's pretty good at keeping spoilers out of their quick looks, and if it does get into that area, you'll probably be smart enough to not watch it. Are you buying it tomorrow?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By mrfluke

@NTM: ah ok, i was just about to link you the link i saw, since they came out and said it was a fake, then my bad

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By NTM

@mrfluke: I also regularly go to Game Informer, it's one of the sites I check often as I browse the internet, and I'll probably check it in a few minutes again. When I saw you post that, I was really curious as to why they didn't have it posted on the site yet if they really had given it a review already, and thought you may have read the magazine or something which had it there. I don't know why there would be a fake leak about a review, that's just weird, and kind of lame, ha ha.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Humanity

@NTM: Yah I'm definitely buying it I haven't had anything to play so I've been pretty bored during the week when I have nothing going on after work.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By mrfluke

@NTM: definitely, lol

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By NTM

@Humanity: Cool, hopefully you have fun with it. I'll be getting it in the afternoon myself. Have you played all of the Dead Space games so far? Have you read any of the novels or seen the two animated movies?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By NTM

@mrfluke: Heck, the review could be real and they're just trying to save their butts, but I don't know. I hope that's not the case, that'd be stupid too. I guess we'll see. I imagine them at least giving it around an 8.5.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By mrfluke

@NTM: yea review embargo is apparently up 9am tommorow, im expecting 4 stars from brad, and a 8-8.5 from game informer.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Humanity

@NTM: Played both games, enjoyed them a lot. Didn't play Ignition or partake in any of the extended fiction such as books or the animated movies - although I did carry the animated movie around on a flashdrive for quite some time without every having watched it for some reason.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By NTM

@mrfluke: Yeah, I kind of am too, but it'd be cool if it was a five star! I'm basically expecting 80's all around if not lower, but that's not because I will think of the game that way, but because I don't have a great feeling about it. It's a game I'm really, really excited for; it always goes bad when that happens :P. Well, not always, but still.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By NTM

@Humanity: Hm, just not interested enough? It's good you didn't spend any money on Ignition or see Aftermath, those are the only mediocre Dead Space products I know of. I enjoyed the first movie, though there are quite a lot that didn't.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By mrfluke

@NTM: definitely would be a real surprise if this game is amazing, but with how EA seems to have a vice grip on damaging franchises now (mass effect 3, dragon age 2), i dont have a great feeling about the game as well

Tidel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77  Edited By Tidel

@Humanity: I was impressed by Downfall. Really dug it.

Also it has the single grossest kill I've seen in... anything?

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#78  Edited By Danteveli

I have to say that the marketing on this one was done terribly. People see it as some crazy Gears of War clone while its good old Dead Space with a bit faster action. I hope the reviews will be good and sales won't be considered "failure" because i want to see Dead Space on next gen systems.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By NTM

@mrfluke: I don't think they ruined Mass Effect 3, well, I loved it for the most part. I didn't play Dragon Age II due to everyone panning it, even those that reviewed it high, which I probably shouldn't have done since I had played through the original on PC and loved it just to get ready for two.

I bought the first Dragon Age on PC when it came out, but never went through it until a few weeks before the second one came out, and I had just finished it the day before the demo for the second was out. I played the demo and it was neat, but that's as far as that went.

Anyways, that's off topic, ha ha. I personally don't have any bad feelings about Dead Space 3 in the sense that I'm going to be disappointed, quite the opposite, I just think whenever I'm really, really excited for a game, the game gets a lot lower than I was hoping for. I'm still buying it regardless though.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By NTM

@Tidel: Are you talking about Shen's death where she gets cut right in half down the middle? That actually kind of depressed me for a while from it's brutality and just the way her face limped down. Or are you referring to the wife that slit her throat?

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By colourful_hippie

@mrfluke said:

gameinformer also gave it a 7.75

That seems more in line with my expectations.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By mrfluke

@NTM: ah, i know exactly where your coming from, had a few games that i was super stoked for that sucked :P (syndicate is a good example of this)

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By mrfluke
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By NTM

@mrfluke: Well, people didn't really think that game sucked, but I totally understand. If Dead Space gets a bunch sevens, that'll be a bit disappointing.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Humanity

@NTM: Not really. I enjoy the games for what they are and I think the setting and fiction behind it is amazing. I love sci fi more than any other genre - especially retro looking sci fi with that completely utilitarian look to it. As much as all that stuff appeals to me I don't know how much I'd actually want to READ about the world. While I do enjoy the story in these games for what it is I don't think the fiction behind unitology and the marker ever grabbed me enough to warrant any deeper exploration. I typically don't read codex entries or journals you pick up in games - not sure why I just don't think any of that interesting even if the game itself is great.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By mrfluke

@NTM: it was after coming out of playing deus ex human revolution, which imo had an excellent story, and then seeing syndicate and immediately getting psyched for another cyberpunk shooter with a great story.

then i played at and the story was middling.

with the exception of jeff, scores from other places panned it as being just "ok"

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#87  Edited By Yummylee
    Tidel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Tidel

@NTM: Ahem, spoilers duder.

The first one you mention. It shocked me.

They go for broke on the gore front, but that particular bit of nasty lingers. It's not just gross; it's harsh.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By colourful_hippie

@NTM said:

@mrfluke: Well, people didn't really think that game sucked, but I totally understand. If Dead Space gets a bunch sevens, that'll be a bit disappointing.

How? Those are still relatively high scores.

@mrfluke said:

@Colourful_Hippie: turns out that score is fake. http://gamingbolt.com/dead-space-3-first-review-game-informer-score-leaked-online

Meh, all I needed to see was what the review is mostly going to say. "Human fights feel tacked on/and it's less tense than the last couple games in favor of a more action approach" (thanks EA). Looks like Dead Space 2 will continue to be my favorite, oh well....at least I'm only paying $40 for this.

@Yummylee: Giving you another follow just for that.

Tidel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Tidel

@Yummylee said:

Yeesh, Eurogamer bloody tore into Dead Space 3. Gave it a 4/10.

Amazing.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By NTM

@Humanity: Yeah, I agree with you about the whole sci-fi thing. I like the extended story 'cause it just feeds me more of what I like about the sci-fi stuff. I love the technology side of it all, that's what got me into Dead Space aside from the characters and story.

@Tidel: Eh. Spoilers shmoilers :P. I don't think by now it should matter. And yeah, I agree entirely with you on that scene, that's why it kind of depressed me when I saw it around the time it came out. I've actually seen it three times, ha ha.

@Colourful_Hippie: That's true, but still, I hope for more. There are a lot of people that can use even just a seven as enough proof that the game isn't good enough. So those that are skeptical will pass on it. If I love the game, and hope others play it, that's not happening. And...

@Tidel said:

@Yummylee said:

Yeesh, Eurogamer bloody tore into Dead Space 3. Gave it a 4/10.

Amazing.

Shit! Goodness. Really?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By NTM

@mrfluke: You have to click the link...

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By mrfluke

@NTM: well shit......

......im going to delete my past comment now lol

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By NTM

@mrfluke: Ha ha, yeah. I thought the same as you though. Fuckin' A. You didn't need to erase it though, just needed to edit it.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By mrfluke

@NTM: ah well, whats done is done :P

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By NTM

@mrfluke: Yep, ha ha. Well I'm off now. Nice talking to you. Buy Dead Space 3 tomorrow! That goes for everyone. :P

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By colourful_hippie

@NTM said:

@Colourful_Hippie: That's true, but still, I hope for more. There are a lot of people that can use even just a seven as enough proof that the game isn't good enough. So those that are skeptical will pass on it. If I love the game, and hope others play it, that's not happening. And...

No, those people who would ignore the game just because it gets some 7's are idiots just like those who think anything below a 9/8 is considered to be disappointing. Also the way you keep telling people to buy an unproven game (which will change here shortly for sure) suggests that you have a little too much invested into this game. It just rubs me the wrong way, it's cool that you're excited for it, just don't be forcing your hype onto other skeptical people.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#98  Edited By MildMolasses

@mrfluke said:

@NTM: it was after coming out of playing deus ex human revolution, which imo had an excellent story, and then seeing syndicate and immediately getting psyched for another cyberpunk shooter with a great story.

then i played at and the story was middling.

with the exception of jeff, scores from other places panned it as being just "ok"

I'll admit that the single player was pretty ho-hum, but I found the co-op stuff to be incredibly fun. And they way Jeff described it during GOTY was dead-on. The control scheme was so great in that game that you could constantly use the hacking skills and do awesome shit in a completely natural and fluid way. It's probably the only game I would ever praise for intuitive control design

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By mrfluke

@MildMolasses: personally i value story a lot over gameplay so the fact that the story was kinda eh, was a huge disappointment for me

though you are right though, gameplay was sharp.

deox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By deox

This is great news, I'm so exited to play it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.