Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 3

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 05, 2013

Isaac Clarke, now aided by a soldier named John Carver, pursues the ominous threat of the Markers to the ice world Tau Volantis, now overrun with the terrifying Necromorphs, as well as the Human cultists who worship them.

Get the N7 armor for Dead Space 3.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I was asking for this a long time ago. While I don't really care for the original N7 armor, this is still cool, but this is also not the default N7 armor, it's specially made for this game, for both Isaac and Carver. I'm somewhat disappointed though, 'cause by the way of getting it, you have to have a save file for ME3 as well as beat the campaign of Dead Space 3, and that's totally fine, but not for me 'cause I have Mass Effect 3 on 360, and I'm getting Dead Space 3 on PS3. Gah! This sucks. Anyways, here's the trailer and what have you.

I know this isn't typically all that exciting of news, but I'm excited for Dead Space 3; have been playing through both the original and two before three, and I also love Mass Effect as well as just the fact that I thought this was a good idea from the get-go. Both are EA, but more importantly, both are great sci-fi franchises in my opinion. This is exciting news to me, but it's too bad I won't be able to use it since I won't have that save. I will not buy DS3 on 360, there's probably nothing wrong with that version, but I play Dead Space on PS3. What do you guys think?

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hitchenson

You could just download a ME3 PS3 save and bust it onto your PS3 with a memory stick.

I don't care about DS3 personally.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NTM

@Hitchenson: Hm. Yeah, I've never done that. Is that illegal? If not, how do I do it? My brother was talking to me about it one time. I guess I can check Google.

Edit - It wouldn't really make sense if it was illegal does it?

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By big_jon

No friends with ME3 on ps3?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NTM

@big_jon: Nope. One that doesn't care for Mass Effect, and another that does but didn't want to play ME3 on PS3 since his 360 broke and his saves were there.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NTM

Dead Space and Dead Space 2 are so fantastic. Who else is going to be getting three on release? I just beat the first yesterday, and other than some moments of slow down with the frame rate, and some minor low bit-rate sounding moments such as fire in the distance, the game is still absolutely astounding in every respect.

Right after I beat that, I was actually at the end of two again, and goodness, going from the first to the second Isaac moved extremely fast when comparing to his slower pacing, neither better than the other, just very different it felt. I also had to get used to pressing square again instead of holding down L1 and pressing X to reload, though that was quickly fixed either way.

blueinferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By blueinferno

@NTM said:

Dead Space and Dead Space 2 are so fantastic. Who else is going to be getting three on release?

I'm getting it on 360 day one, that's where I've played the first two so I might as well play the third there as well.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By toowalrus

I'd actually just like Dead Space armor for Dead Space 3, actually.

beeftothetaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By beeftothetaco

Honestly, the series should have ended after the first one. Thanks for the heads up though.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NTM

@blueinferno said:

@NTM said:

Dead Space and Dead Space 2 are so fantastic. Who else is going to be getting three on release?

I'm getting it on 360 day one, that's where I've played the first two so I might as well play the third there as well.

Do you know if that'll be two disc's like the second?

@beeftothetaco: I disagree, but you're welcome.

@TooWalrus: The armor from the first Dead Space, or Dead Space 3 armor for Dead Space 3? I don't know if you remember, but the armor from the original, while cool, were pretty lacking in detail. They were almost all the same suits with different colors. I personally didn't like the color of it, but I liked the Astronaut suit since it was different than the others, and the military suit you get is cool too, but looks a little bit too much like he's wearing marshmallows.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

This looks dumb. Now if there was some DLC where I could be in a full fledged hot dog suit... SOLD for $59.99 and the extra Microsoft points needed to attain the suit!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NTM

@I_Stay_Puft: I think it looks alright, though probably not something I'd wear the majority of my time with the game. Your comment kind of lost anything it had going for it when you made the joke.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By spiceninja

@NTM: I really like it when people get this excited about a game. I remember getting really hyped like that for Mass Effect 2. But I personally don't care about Dead Space 3. I really love the first two games but the DS3 demo left me really cold. It just doesn't feel like Dead Space anymore to me.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By clstirens

@NTM: Yeah, I'm glad the franchise has kept going. We need more scary/tension-based games.

I DO think that Isaac should have been a 1 and done hero, It's hard for me to believe he's still just trucking along after all of that shit.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By UlquioKani

Your excitement for this is far more interesting to me than Dead Space 3. Nothing against it but It isn't really on my radar. It just makes me happy to see someone excited for a game. I've been looking at the wrong things on the internet

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I wish EA kept their stuff in their respective properties. The Battlefield solider in ME3 and this just seems stupid to me.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Sackmanjones

Sure why not.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By killacam

skeptical as balls

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NTM

@PlasmaBeam44: I like your icon, and I understand. Is it because of the horror? If so, then it's understandable, but I don't love Dead Space because of the horror aspect, though that is a point of interest. I don't want to be pessimistic, the game still looks like it's going to be good.

I love the characters, story and sci-fi worlds Visceral creates as well as everything else that surrounds it. I think Dead Space 3 will have good visuals as well as the great sound effects I believe it's known for, so just in that fact, I can be at least a little excited. I rarely am a pessimist when it comes to games unless from the get-go the game looks like utter shit.

@clstirens: I really like Isaac as a character, and since he's an engineer, it does seem highly unrealistic of what he's become, but as a character, I really like him and I hope he survives along with Ellie in this, they've been through enough.

@UlquioKani: Ha ha, yeah. I don't know what's wrong. Any time I show my enthusiasm about something on the internet, which is mostly games, there's always people that say something about how it's not often that they see someone being happy about something. I'm not really a pessimist though when it comes to certain things, so... Yeah. I wish more people were excited for this, but I understand why they aren't.

@MetalGearSunny: I totally agree with most of those things, like Isaac in Dragon Age? That's just stupid, but to me this makes a lot of sense, and I wouldn't mind a cross-over.

@killacam: What's there to be skeptical about?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NTM

I was wondering, just now, does anyone have a 5.1 home theater system and have tried the demo? I wonder what it sounds like. I'll be downloading it whenever it comes out tomorrow, even though I don't really need to demo it since I'm going to be buying it anyways, but still. What does it sound like on the surround sound speakers? Dolby Digital.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Phatmac

I like the N7 and like Dead Space so this is fine.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Barrock

I was tempted to order the Developer's Edition of Dead Space but it's $160 with the game.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Justin258

@TooWalrus said:

I'd actually just like Dead Space armor for Dead Space 3, actually.

Agreed.

This is something that should be a special unlockable. Or, rather, a secret unlockable. Remember those? You'd do something fucking nuts and actually get something cool that the game never told you about and that you didn't have to pre-order to get? Or you didn't have to have another game from the same publisher? Man, there are some things I really miss about old games.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By joshthebear

I'm good. Everything they've showed about this game makes me really not want to play it.

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Voxus

Shepherd.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#26  Edited By project343

Couldn't give less of a fuck about Dead Space at this point, but I just wanted to come in here to say how amazing-but-also-really-dumb this crossover business is. I always loved this crossover contribution:

Ser Isaac of Clarke's Armor (Dragon Age II, Dead Space crossover)
    Ser Isaac of Clarke's Armor (Dragon Age II, Dead Space crossover)

It comes with its own little codex entry:

The chilling tales of Ser Isaac of Clarke are a favorite of bards performing in the wee hours of the night. In dank taverns throughout Thedas, these horror-filled stories captivate listeners and bring nightmares to those faint of heart.
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By TheHT

I... well, okay. Why not. It makes more sense than Raiden in Assassin's Creed.

Camoufrage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By Camoufrage

It's literally a reskinned Security Suit. The N7 and stripe are hardly even noticeable. Honestly it doesn't even look very good.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Sooty

@NTM said:

What does it sound like on the surround sound speakers? Dolby Digital.

Like it's in surround sound, eh, well 1 and 2 sounded great, so I'm sure 3 will too. Amnesia makes the best use of surround sound in a horror game so far though.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @Sooty

@NTM said:

What does it sound like on the surround sound speakers? Dolby Digital.

Like it's in surround sound, eh, well 1 and 2 sounded great, so I'm sure 3 will too. Amnesia makes the best use of surround sound in a horror game so far though.

Yep. Horror games have the most to gain from good surround sound, I think. Amnesia is a perfect example.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.