Have I missed this?

#1 Edited by squiDc00kiE (351 posts) -

So there's been plenty of talk since the release of Dead Space 3 about the very obvious EA-ness shoved into the business model. It's annoying, I'm not a fan of it either, but has no one said anything about how the game was said to need to sell some-million (3?) copies just to be worthwhile? Could all the crappy micro-transactions be an act of desperation on Visceral's part to try and ensure further employment, and not simply greed?

Again sorry if this has been talked about elsewhere, but I haven't seen anything.

#2 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

@squidc00kie said:

but has no one said anything about how the game was said to need to sell some-million (3?) copies just to be worthwhile? Could all the crappy micro-transactions be an act of desperation on Visceral's part to try and ensure further employment, and not simply greed?

Could be I guess, yeah.

Which makes you wonder what the hell required 3 million sales for profit.. It wasn't like that for the first game was it? So what required such a larger budget for this one? Implementing co-op? Then don't implement it.

#3 Edited by NoobSauceG7 (1242 posts) -

It is most likely that they need to make a certain amount of money and that they are able to predict about how many copies of the game are going to be sold so in order to make up money for not selling a lunatic amount of copies, they must put microtransactions in their game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.