Here's pics of the Retro mode for anyone interested.

• 66 results
#51 Posted by mrfluke (5089 posts) -

gonna tag and and into this board as listening to the podcast, they seem interested in seeing the retro mode.

#52 Posted by ShaggE (6331 posts) -

I love it. Beats the hell out of the finger gun, that's for sure.

At the very least, this will make for some great screenshots.

#53 Posted by Efesell (493 posts) -

It looks terrible, and thus amazing.

#54 Edited by handlas (2659 posts) -

Think it looks kinda kewl too... as few have said. As a reward for beating hardcore mode? Ehh...

These "rewards" are dumb regardless. Once you have beaten hardcore mode the chance that you will actually want to play thru the game again with this filter on or off is probably slim.

I remember the only game I ever went all out and got the final reward was Red Dead Redemption. You got some government suit that basically made you invincible... it was a bitch to get and I played with it for like 10 seconds and was done. Give me this reward for just beating the game (and turn off achievements if it breaks the game).

#55 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2484 posts) -

Someone worked on that at the expense of working on something else.

Or at the expense of walking down the hall to grab another cup of coffee.

Or at the expense of any other 7-10 minute activity that they would have been better served doing.

And there's still no sort of horde mode in this Dead Space game right?

#56 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Kind of cool I guess.

#57 Posted by ViciousReiven (818 posts) -

That looks awesome, now just turn every pixel into an ANSI character.

#58 Posted by cooljammer00 (1539 posts) -

It's kinda cute. Remember when Uncharted used to do this sort of thing? They also used to do cheats and then stopped in Uncharted 3 due to "technical issues".

#59 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

I love it. Beats the hell out of the finger gun, that's for sure.

At the very least, this will make for some great screenshots.

No way. I did hardcore before zealot and the finger gun was hilarious for getting through that.

Glad I no longer care about achievements.

#60 Posted by Yummylee (21245 posts) -

@cooljammer00 said:

It's kinda cute. Remember when Uncharted used to do this sort of thing? They also used to do cheats and then stopped in Uncharted 3 due to "technical issues".

I believe that was specifically because of that damned pirate cruise-ship section. I don't understand why they couldn't have just disabled the use of cheats whenever they were inconvenient (which is how they did it in the first two anyway), but I have to imagine it must have been a little more complicated than that.

In any case not only did that entire section have some of the most frustrating gun-battles and had literally no bearing on the plot, it forced the removal of all the nifty cheats stuff =( I had so much fun in both of the first Uncharteds playing the entire game in slo-mo as different character skins like Eddy Raja and Harry Flynn.

#61 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10471 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

@cooljammer00 said:

I believe that was specifically because of that damned pirate cruise-ship section. I don't understand why they couldn't have just disabled the use of cheats whenever they were inconvenient (which is how they did it in the first two anyway), but I have to imagine it must have been a little more complicated than that.

In any case not only did that entire section have some of the most frustrating gun-battles and had literally no bearing on the plot, it forced the removal of all the nifty cheats stuff =( I had so much fun in both of the first Uncharteds playing the entire game in slo-mo as different character skins like Eddy Raja and Harry Flynn.

You just weren't good enough at the game, MAN! You just don't understand it, MAN!

I still think that ship part was rad. RAD.

But I did miss being able to play through the game with gravity turned off on corpses.

But I still will defend Uncharted 3, the best Uncharted game!

Okay, I'll stop now, because I'm basically trolling at this point.

#62 Posted by moffattron9000 (351 posts) -

Was kind of hoping that it would be blockier.

#63 Edited by Yummylee (21245 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

@Yummylee said:

@cooljammer00 said:

Okay, I'll stop now, because I'm basically trolling at this point.

You'd have to be to claim Uncharted 3 was the best Uncharted.

Anywhoo this must go no further! This is a Dead Space 3 board so I wouldn't want to completely derail this thread. You almost had us, though, you conniving son of a bitch you, . If that is your real name.

#64 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5222 posts) -

Huh. That's interesting. Too bad I'll never get to try it out myself.

#65 Posted by cooljammer00 (1539 posts) -

I didn't realize there was a sore spot in this thread about Uncharted, especially when Brad brings it up himself during the DS3 Quick Look. But I shall speak no more.

#66 Posted by Winternet (8005 posts) -

It looks kinda neat, but I can't understand how would anyone want to play that for more than 10 minutes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.