Here's the Intro to Dead Space 3. Enjoy.

#1 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

If you're like me you really like the dead space franchise. I honestly believe Dead Space is a classic game from this generation (history has yet to determine if DS2 is as well). I'm not to sure what the intro is about, but towards the end of the video shit is going down :)

Yes this game has been making the rounds on internet forums for not such great reasons recently but I'm still excited. Leave your thoughs here.

#2 Posted by big_jon (5744 posts) -

Cool, this seems potentially pretty interesting.

Wish those guys were not all carrying fire axes though.

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@big_jon said:

The reason for that is that they are trying to say they are evolving. 
#4 Posted by xSeanZx (203 posts) -

Omg I dont know whether to watch this or not..... It is VERY hard to resist.....

#5 Posted by big_jon (5744 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@big_jon said:

The reason for that is that they are trying to say they are evolving.

Perhaps but I just don't understand why they all have fire axes, why does this ship have so many fire axes? Why are they so choosy about that specific weapon, over say a pipe?

#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@big_jon said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@big_jon said:

The reason for that is that they are trying to say they are evolving.

Perhaps but I just don't understand why they all have fire axes, why does this ship have so many fire axes? Why are they so choosy about that specific weapon, over say a pipe?

They are supposed to be Ice axes. 
#7 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3223 posts) -

Gotta say, that was a pretty good intro.

#8 Posted by Evilsbane (4655 posts) -

Omg...I kinda..dont..wanna watch this...but...I do...reallllly reallllly doooooooooo

#9 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Evilsbane said:

Omg...I kinda..dont..wanna watch this...but...I do...reallllly reallllly doooooooooo

No spoilers really. 
#10 Posted by Evilsbane (4655 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Evilsbane said:

No spoilers really.

That's not the point I meant that if the opening is that good maybe it is worth seeing in the game but ok I want to watch the damn thing anyway lol!

#11 Posted by Kaiserreich (712 posts) -

Footage of the ending already leaked as well. It was very silly.

#12 Posted by xSeanZx (203 posts) -

And to think I couldnt have gotten anymore excited for this game.... it needs to be tuesday already FUUUUUU

#13 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

Pretty cool, but a nitpick: in the recap it says the marker copies were hidden across the universe. I call bullshit. Do they mean galaxy? Just how advanced is humanity in the DS universe?

#14 Edited by HatKing (6034 posts) -

A shame about that ship carrying that shipment of axes being taken over by aliens(?).

Also, don't know why I just put this together, but ice planet plus necromoprhs totally screams The Thing. And that's just totally fine with me.

#15 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

@HatKing said:

A shame about that ship carrying that shipment of axes being taken over by aliens(?).

Also, don't know why I just put this together, but ice planet plus necromoprhs totally screams The Thing. And that's just totally fine with me.

The Thing is one of my favorite movies of all time. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a reference here or there in the game.

#16 Edited by leinad44 (523 posts) -

*Hears game is about finding out a method from the past to stop an alien threat*

Oh no...please don't be the star child again.

#17 Posted by Marz (5659 posts) -
#18 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

@leinad44 said:

*Hears game is about finding out a method from the past to stop an alien threat*

Oh boy, just realized we may have another potential All-Story perpetrator on our hands here.

#19 Posted by HatKing (6034 posts) -

@PillClinton said:

@leinad44 said:

Oh boy, just realized we may have another potential All-Story perpetrator on our hands here.

At least they explicitly mention it was the human race that stopped the alien threat in the past and not some pre-human master race.

#20 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@HatKing said:

@PillClinton said:

@leinad44 said:

At least they explicitly mention it was the human race that stopped the alien threat in the past and not some pre-human master race.

Ya it was humans who stopped it. So chances are its something stupidly simple like..unplugging the Marker....
#21 Posted by familyphotoshoot (654 posts) -

You guys aren't even prepared for how fucking dumb the end of this game is. I watched a livestream of it the other day and the at the end

you shoot markers out of a giant machine gun at the Ice Planet's moon which turns out to actually be a giant necromorph
#22 Posted by Marz (5659 posts) -
@familyphotoshoot said:

You guys aren't even prepared for how fucking dumb the end of this game is. I watched a livestream of it the other day and the at the end

now i want to watch it, out of curiosity, sounds ridiculous.
#23 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4978 posts) -

#24 Posted by Flappy (2308 posts) -

@familyphotoshoot said:

you shoot markers out of a giant machine gun at the Ice Planet's moon which turns out to actually be a giant necromorph

That sounds pretty flippin' dumb.

#25 Posted by HatKing (6034 posts) -

@familyphotoshoot said:

Oh, I thought you meant dumb in a bad way.

#26 Posted by leinad44 (523 posts) -

@familyphotoshoot said:

@familyphotoshoot: That actually sounds amazing, in a really dumb way

#27 Posted by killacam (1285 posts) -

Cutscenes?!?!?

#28 Edited by Encephalon (1292 posts) -

Having it recapped all at once has only reminded me how spare the Dead Space fiction is.

@familyphotoshoot said:

OH MY GOD I need to see this!

#29 Posted by big_jon (5744 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@HatKing said:

@PillClinton said:

@leinad44 said:

Ya it was humans who stopped it. So chances are its something stupidly simple like..unplugging the Marker....

Or maybe sitting on it?

#30 Posted by musclerider (590 posts) -
@familyphotoshoot

That sounds like the best thing.
#31 Posted by MasterMike569 (11 posts) -

@OllyOxenFree: That GIF is basically me right now.

#32 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

@Marz said:

@familyphotoshoot said:

now i want to watch it, out of curiosity, sounds ridiculous.

@HatKing said:

Oh, I thought you meant dumb in a bad way.

@Encephalon said:

OH MY GOD I need to see this!

@musclerider said:

That sounds like the best thing.

Holy shit....must....not....click....spoiler.....

#33 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -
@familyphotoshoot said:

Now I really really want to play this game.  Its a millions times better than that Promethean bullshit/youre the chosen one type of shit we've been getting in big budget video games lately.  
#34 Posted by believer258 (12019 posts) -

IT LOOKS LIKE A TERRIBLE PIECE OF

I haven't actually watched this yet.

#35 Posted by believer258 (12019 posts) -

@familyphotoshoot said:

SOLD.

#36 Posted by Nilazz (613 posts) -

It's sure is pretty.

#37 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

You know I might just forget about the atmosphere of Dead Space and enjoy this game because it looks like a cinematic pack of fun!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.