Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 3

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 05, 2013

Isaac Clarke, now aided by a soldier named John Carver, pursues the ominous threat of the Markers to the ice world Tau Volantis, now overrun with the terrifying Necromorphs, as well as the Human cultists who worship them.

What are your hopes and wants for this game, other than...

• 55 results
    Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @Terramagi

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Terramagi

I want one of the characters to be completely fucking insane and seeing shit that isn't there, and that's the reason split-screen isn't there. Like, just imagine playing as Isaac and the other dude just unloads on a fucking chair for absolutely no reason but he's freaking out because he thinks he's being dragged by a tentacle.

Also the game to be good, but hey that's too much to ask from EA.

That's a batshit insane idea and I love it. His condition would have to really deteriorate over time too. That would be crazy in the best possible way.

You could do a lot of things with it too, especially if they chose not to correlate the actions completely. So on one dude's screen he'd be running like a bat out of hell because he thinks there's an air leak and his oxygen is counting down, but the other player doesn't see anything wrong because in reality everything's fine. Or one player could experience a gravity failure and start jumping off walls, but to the other player they're just spinning in the fetal position, shooting at the ceiling.

And they'd have to make the other characters model change into a more monstrous form for a split second, something to cause them to shoot at each other out of surprise.
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By NTM

@Psykhophear: Resident Evil 6 was anything but scary, the farthest it went with that was having some tonally 'shit has gone wrong' music for certain moments, and the monsters looked creepy, but you never felt scared in any way. I personally wasn't disappointed in the game though, and it was as I expected, but I really enjoyed my time with it. I guess the fact that it was becoming less of a horror didn't effect me, and the same can be said for Dead Space, but I don't think Dead Space 3 will be abandoning horror, certainly not like RE6.

@Terramagi: Yes, that is the reason split-screen isn't there. You'll be Carver and there'll be a moment when he starts having hallucinations, and as Carver is fighting other things in his mind, Isaac has to protect him in reality. The only thing that's different from what you want is that Carver isn't actually doing anything. The interesting thing is that the other player has no idea what's going on to the other player.

@Icicle7x3 said:

Killer Icicles

Now that's enthusiasm, ha ha.

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Lysergica33

My hopes and dreams for Dead Space 3 is simply more Dead Space. Neither 1 or 2 were particularly scary, so I'm not really worried about 3 being any less scary than the others. The other games were very manic and intense during the combat, but at no point was any sense of fear instilled in me, and from what's been shown so far, Dead Space 3 looks to be headed further in that direction. I'm okay with that.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Giantstalker

I hope we go back to the Ishimura.

Again.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By SharkEthic

No Kinect support.

Seriously though, couldn't care less about the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.