Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 3

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 05, 2013

Isaac Clarke, now aided by a soldier named John Carver, pursues the ominous threat of the Markers to the ice world Tau Volantis, now overrun with the terrifying Necromorphs, as well as the Human cultists who worship them.

What's the point of New Game+?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

So I recently completed Dead Space 3 on coop, overall thoughts are it's OK. Heap load of issues left and right, and it's undoubtedly the worst Dead Space of the three but eh, it's still OK. I want to write up a user-review in any case, but I feel like I should actually put in some time with it from a single-player perspective at that. So considering that you can then just replay any chapter you wish with all of your gear, from any difficulty, that got me wondering just what exactly is the point of NG+? Does it unlock something extra? Because it doesn't say as such on the menu and its description reads pretty much what I can already do now, just currently with more freedom since I've already got all of the chapters unlocked as it is.

I suppose it's purely for those additional circuit upgrades you can find? I could just start a new game+ but I'm admittedly a little hesitant... I'd rather be completely sure of what could happen and furthermore if there's really any reason to anyway.

Also, extra question: For classic mode, I take it you can still only carry 2 weapons at a time?

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

That is bizarre. I guess NG+ is for if you want to do them in order without picking the missions from a menu. Maybe you can do NG+ on a higher difficulty like in RE5. That would be neat.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

That is bizarre. I guess NG+ is for if you want to do them in order without picking the missions from a menu. Maybe you can do NG+ on a higher difficulty like in RE5. That would be neat.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

That is a good question. I'm guessing that since you can go back to any chapter and change the difficulty at any point, the only point of a ng plus was to lock those other modes (hardcore, classic) behind it. They need to keep track of a cleared save, and I guess that's what does it.

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

You can pick up better circuits and weapon parts (mark II) in newgame+. If you collected all the logs/weapon parts/circuits etc you won't see much in terms of upgrades because you'll already have access to +3/+3 circuits but the MKII weapon parts are nice if you want to make your (possibly) already op weapons more op.

Also, yes, you can do NG+ on a harder difficulty.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.