Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Franchise »

The Dead Space franchise tells the story of the outbreak of the Necromorph infection on the space mining vessel, U.S.G Ishimura.

Am I the only one?

bearklaw19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bearklaw19

That is too afraid to buy this?. I really wanna play dead space 1 and 2, I love zombie games and I love the whole fact of being in space but I know I'll play for 10 minutes and get too scared. I remember buying the first one for my dad for Christmas when it came out and tried to play it and it scared te crap out of me even though when he played it he was laughing when he chainsaw gunned the infected(?). Maybe now that I'm older I can beat it, maybe I'm just a pussy. Let me know how you feel about it

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I get pretty stressed out by horror games, yet I beat both Dead Space games because they're not exactly scary, they're just intense.

When you learn to master your weapons and abilities and learn the weaknesses of the various types of enemies, Dead Space turns into a spooky Gears of War. Isaac is a badass, as opposed to the fragile protagonists of most horror games.

Go for it with guns blazing, and enjoy the unique intense atmosphere!

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Sackmanjones

You are the only one.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Roger778

Dead Space is the scariest game I've ever played. It's also great.

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By groin
    No Caption Provided

Yes, you're the only one.

albedo12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By albedo12

@bearklaw19: I had worried about Dead Space before I bought it, and there are still parts of 1 (and to a lesser extent 2) that I wouldn't look forward to if I replayed them today, but it's not the scariest game out there in my experience. I bought both Siren games for the PS 2 at the same time (when 2 was new), played about an hour of each and sold them again. Then called myself a coward and bought them again, and still they sit, in my pile of shame, waiting for me. I've since finished Blood Curse on the PS3, but those two originals, man. Spooky as hell.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @groin said:
    No Caption Provided

Yes, you're the only one.

Followed
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

No, you're not the only one.

Just play it for a little while. If you let yourself get scared after ten minutes you're never going to play it.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Lukeweizer

You are a unique snowflake.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vikingdeath1

You're the....

happened to me too, bought the first one to try and get over my inability to play horror games and..... fuck it worked dude, loved that game and the 2nd one, and Scary-ass games are a much more viable option to me now!

Try playing Bioshock, I beat that before trying dead space and it has not so much "horror" as it does a real creepy atmosphere. it's a great first step.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By beepmachine
    No Caption Provided
    mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mikeeegeee

At this point, I feel like I should start all of my threads with "am i the only one" in an effort to troll the community.

On topic, play the damn game. In the dark, alone, and with headphones. If you get so freaked out that you can't complete the game, then consider that your experience with the game. And a very powerful one at that. If you can manage to play through it and beat it even when it's at its most scary, then you'll be better for it. In the past generation, gaming has become more about emotion for me than anything else. Horror games are great at eliciting strong emotions. It's only recently that I've experienced other genres garnering a powerful emotional response from me, and those games cling to me for a long time.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheHumanDove

I too am the only one

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Nadril
    Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Petiew

I'm terrible with horror games, but Dead Space is still a worthwile and fun game to play. The game is really cheap these days, so even if you end up being too scared to go any further you're not going to lose much. The scariness factor eases up after you've played a bit and it won't be so bad. I remember freaking out near the beginning when one of the dead alien dudes glitched out and attached itself to Isaac while he was running, it was flailing around the screen and I thought it was chasing me. But after that I managed to get through the game and had a good time with it.

No Caption Provided

Oh sorry I meant: I'm so annoyed by the widely used expression in your topic title that I'm going to post and tell you how annoyed I am without adding anything to the topic. Again. Pic related, it's me showing you who's boss of this forum.
    cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By cornbredx

Anytime you feel like asking if you are alone in the world about something, the answer is always no so feel free to not ask the void of the internet. 

Dead Space is a lot of fun and you are missing out if you never experience it, in my opinion.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#17  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Dead Space is all jump scares and tension. Once you play for a few hours and realize "Oh there's a vent, I bet a monster will pop out at some point" it becomes decidedly less horrifying.

bearklaw19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bearklaw19

@Petiew: ha, thanks for the positive feedback dude!.

@vikingdeath1: I have beat the first Bioshock, i didnt find it that bad, if it is compared to Dead Space in some ways of horror then maybe it ownt be a big deal.

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kedi2

I found absolutely nothing about Dead Space to be scary personally, but it is a great game and definitely worth playing.

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By IAmNotBatman

If you think jump scares are fucking terrifying then that's pretty pathetic.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

@ArbitraryWater said:

Dead Space is all jump scares and tension. Once you play for a few hours and realize "Oh there's a vent, I bet a monster will pop out at some point" it becomes decidedly less horrifying.

Yeeeeeaaap.

Now, randomized enemy spawn a la Fatal Frame will get you along with the scripted pants-filling material.

bearklaw19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bearklaw19

@IAmNotBatman said:

If you think jump scares are fucking terrifying then that's pretty pathetic.

Thanks for your opinion!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.