Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Franchise »

The Dead Space franchise tells the story of the outbreak of the Necromorph infection on the space mining vessel, U.S.G Ishimura.

Dead Space 3 has co-op, and other new features.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I don't know what to think about it all. Isaac can now crouch; evasively roll to the left and right, and use cover. Also, you won't only be fighting Necromorphs this time around, heavy armored humans as well, though these enemies will, or can become Necromorphs. I have no idea how adding another character to the main story could work in congruent to the single player campaign, I mean, how will it make sense? I am cautious, but I really do enjoy Visceral's games, and have no reason to not have hope. These are only a few of the new things that come with Dead Space 3.

I love the Dead Space franchise, especially the first two main games, and I hope three turns out to be just as good, 'cause it seems like they're really trying to adhere to what they believe the big market loves. Does this mean we'll be getting Dead Space 3 as early as next year? It took almost three years to get Dead Space 2 out, so this just seems early, but as I said, I hope it's a great game like the first two. Anyways, if you haven't read it yet, and would like more details, here's an IGN article for you to read that kind of states what I had said, though co-op included.

Edit - About the co-op, do you think this means it's just some random guy beside Isaac, a new character to Dead Space, or could it be Ellie Langford? Could there be some Resident Evil 5 inspired gameplay in there? I don't think I'd be entirely against that choice of style.

Edit - Oh wait, I forgot it said it was a man with a scar on his face that is used to guide Isaac.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/09/dead-space-3-allegedly-features-co-op

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Phatmac

Good. Never thought of the Dead Space games as scary so I'm glad that it'll be more action focused. Co-op could be cool and it hopefully replaces that dumb multiplayer mode. I also love the idea of being in a ice planet for a dead space game. I'm liking this news so far.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Skald

I find it interesting that Dead Space is evolving so similarly to Resident Evil, albeit, much faster.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NTM

@Skald: So far, between the first two games, from a gameplay stand-point, it hasn't changed very much. I mean, the sequel did focus more on action than the first, but it all looked and controlled very similar. It didn't take as many risks as RE4 did. I'm hoping we get yet another similar, though amazing Dead Space experience with the third installment. The way this all sounds makes it seem like the gameplay, controls, and camera view-wise will be different. I hope that's not the case.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By jonnyboy

Not unexpected really is it? They have to justify that 'Online Pass' somehow.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By mordukai

@Phatmac said:

Good. Never thought of the Dead Space games as scary so I'm glad that it'll be more action focused. Co-op could be cool and it hopefully replaces that dumb multiplayer mode. I also love the idea of being in a ice planet for a dead space game. I'm liking this news so far.

It was kinda like the guy who like to jump out a closet and go BO

First First time you go "yeah you got me" second time " yeah cool" third time " suuuuure" next time you just go right past him.

Then Dead Space 2 comes out and you see them doing the Alien to Aliens thing.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hatking

I thought the multiplayer in the second game was completely serviceable, just a little wonky with server issues. I gave them the benefit of the doubt with the second game, and it turned out great. I'm more than willing to give them another shot. Count me in.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#8  Edited By BeachThunder

Wait, so where did these rumours come from?

Anyway, all I really want in Dead Space 3 is less (read: no) jump scares/more atmosphere and a good PC version.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Raven10

Sounds like they are turning it into a standard action game with some horror elements. Not exactly where I expected the series to go, but I enjoyed the first two games so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TentPole

FUCK

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Gerhabio

Currently trying to finish the last chapter, but it's a bitch since I'm not good at it and they throw legions of necromorphs at you on the last chapter.

Plus I can't fucking save because the regenerating necromorphs keeps catching up to me.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By Seppli

@Gerhabio said:

Currently trying to finish the last chapter, but it's a bitch since I'm not good at it and they throw legions of necromorphs at you on the last chapter.

Plus I can't fucking save because the regenerating necromorphs keeps catching up to me.

Ever tried to just 'walk by'? Oldest gamer trick in the book. Very few games force you to 'kill everything'. That part ain't a killbox.

If I remember correctly, you can pretty much bypass all of the enemies in this section. Go ahead. Do it, and become a better gamer.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By Seppli

@Raven10 said:

Sounds like they are turning it into a standard action game with some horror elements. Not exactly where I expected the series to go, but I enjoyed the first two games so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Nah, you're reading it wrong. They add standard 3rd person action levels and coop to the stuff they've already got in previous Dead Space games. Like tense shocker survival horror and such. Every now and then you're going to shoot dudes who shoot back, and it's going to play like Dead Space with a cover system.

Coop's likely a seperate campaign anyways and not the main campaign played cooperatively. It rarely is.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By guiseppe

More action focused, bad. Co-op, awesome. It'll be fun to scare the shit out of my gf :D.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Jeust

Getting Dead Space 3 will depend on how much RE5 it will be. I heavily disliked it.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By GoofyGoober

I guess I can dig that, I still need to finish DS2.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NTM

@BeachThunder: A source talking to IGN, and now it was just announced, or rumored on GameSpot as well, and maybe other sites. Of course, as with most things before a games release, it could be real or fake, but this seems more like it's real than it is fake.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NTM

Huh, I just read on GameSpot's article, that I didn't catch on IGN's, is that another reason Isaac will be able to crouch is a means to sneak around the environment, and for those that loved the Hive Mind from the first Dead Space, you're in luck (maybe), because the one thing we missed from the second Dead Space, which will return in the third, is huge skyscraper sized bosses.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By killacam

not happy about the added mobility controls... isaac's encumbered by that suit for a reason!

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Deusx

Fucking damnit... I hope this doesn´t become Resident Evil. The first DS was known for being really scary. Now we´ve played a lot scarier games but still, that´s why I played the first DS. The second game was almost perfect, I just hope they don´t rape the game like Capcom did with RE.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By benjaebe

Awesome, I love Dead Space and I love co-op.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By yinstarrunner

As long as i don't have to babysit a stupid ai companion if i want to play singleplayer a la Resident Evil 5 then i don't care. Still, shooting DUDES seems like it goes against the core of what i like about dead space.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Justin258
    Dead Space 3 has co-op

@TentPole said:

FUCK

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.