Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

Dead Space

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By AthleticShark

Is done. After 8 hours I have completed a great game. I loved the game, but could only play it one chapter at a time, weeks between chapters when I first got it (damn you other games!). However, the game was great and the end boss was fantastic looking. I can honestly say the only bad thing about the game was the ending. How anti-climatic. I mean I sat there and said what the fuck. That is it? That is what they came up with? I cheap pop up scare that didn't even work? I went through all that shit of, oops! Before you can go there you need to get these! Oh before you can get those you need those other things! Oh, something goes terribly wrong right after you are about to move on, now go got what you need...again!

Even though that sounds bad, it wasn't. I didn't mind and honestly came to expect it after a while. Great game, glad I beat it, but I am just disappointed with the ending.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AthleticShark

Is done. After 8 hours I have completed a great game. I loved the game, but could only play it one chapter at a time, weeks between chapters when I first got it (damn you other games!). However, the game was great and the end boss was fantastic looking. I can honestly say the only bad thing about the game was the ending. How anti-climatic. I mean I sat there and said what the fuck. That is it? That is what they came up with? I cheap pop up scare that didn't even work? I went through all that shit of, oops! Before you can go there you need to get these! Oh before you can get those you need those other things! Oh, something goes terribly wrong right after you are about to move on, now go got what you need...again!

Even though that sounds bad, it wasn't. I didn't mind and honestly came to expect it after a while. Great game, glad I beat it, but I am just disappointed with the ending.

JonnyAvacado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By JonnyAvacado

I hear ya bro, Dead Space was awesome!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Dead Space was great. I do agree with the objective though, on how "do-it-again"-ish they are.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By PerryVandell

I really liked the game, but I found it a little annoying and kind've funny how kendra and hammond saying "oh isaac go into the necramorph filled room so you can turn the power on for the coffee machine, I stay here where it's safe... I mean... um... where I'll be able to open doors... ya....

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By zitosilva

I also thought the ending was lame, it felt like those crap horror movies like "I know what you did last summer" or "Scream" in which everyone is "Oh, thank goodness, we're all okay!" and then BAM! Everyone's dead. But, aside from that, I really really liked the game. Go for all the achievements/trophies now, they are really fun to do.

Artie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Artie

It follows your typical "Wuh-oh, something else is wrong" type of reasoning for continuing the story, which always blows, but it wasn't that bad.

When you replay through the game six times to get all the achievements... it's harder to get over the lame pacing. By the way I DARE YOU to get as many achievements as me.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Death_Unicorn

The ending scared me shitless. I do get scared easily, and survival-horror titles aren't really my thing. That's why I could only play a chapter at a time, because by the end of one I'd be sweating and utterly pumped. Yes, I know I am kind of sad. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.