Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

Impossible help?

insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By insanejedi

How would you go about planning playing Impossible on Dead Space?

I'm feeling that I should use the Elite Suit because of full inventory, and save money to buy more plasma ammo and stack up on power nodes. Upgrade the hell out of the plasma cutter, and dabble a little into the slow down module. I don't think upgrading the suit is that important since you can only regain health by health packs. Using the elite suit I can carry a lot of med kits at one time.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By zitosilva

I don't know about the using the Elite Suit glitch, but I did use the downloadable suit and they are almost the same thing. The inventory space isn't all problematic, it's the suit defense that's important. If your life is yellow chances are the enemies can kill you with a single strike.

I thought that upgrading healt was important, in fact more important than upgrading the plasma cutter (which is the only weapon I used throughout the whole game on impossible difficulty). I'd try to vary a little, make it maybe two power nodes to the gun, then two (or three to get the health upgrade) to the suit, then 2 or 3 to the stasis, etc. Somewhere around chapter seven you'll probably already have maxed out health, plasma cutter and stasis, so it should be no problem.

Oh, and little things that helped me:

Use explosive barrels. I ignored them on normal, but they help a little on impossible. Since you probablu know where enemies will show up, it's a good idea to stack them close to you before triggering the enemies appearence.

Going back for stasis recharge thingys. Sure, sometimes walking all the way back is a pain, but if you stasis down an enemie you'll kill it without getting hit, and won't use much ammo.

Lastly, when you're in a place that you know those bats will show up it's a good idea to get rid of the corpses lying around. One place specially, the one with the gravity pannels all messed up, is really easy. Just throw the bodys into the gravity pannels and they'll be teared apart, rendering useless for the bats. And if they have no bodies they are very weak enemies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.