Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

"That" Boss... *Spoilers*

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

I sincerely hope I'm not alone in thinking that boss fight at the end of the game (and to a lesser degree the Zero G one) was probably one of the best set pieces I've ever played in a video game. Granted the final boss wasn't particularly difficult to beat (on Normal anyway) but what it lacks in difficultly I think it definitely makes up for in scale.

When you see it rise up for the first time, vision impaled by the sun... dude - that was like... OMG!

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Demilich

Chapter 12 was incredible, and the Hive Mind vista was one of the best looking scenes I've ever seen in a game.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By OmegaPirate

agreeed- it was one of those few moments that just would not have been able to be appreciated on anything other than a hd set -it looked incredible :D

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By c1337us

I agree, the scale and spectical of it was awesome. I also think it would have been a little more satisfying if it was harder, and you could say that for the entire game. I thought the game was quite easy. If I get a chance after playing all these other great games that are coming out right now I may go back and give Impossible a crack. However I disagree that chapter 12 was incredible. I found the whole thing leading up to the final boss to be bit of a chore. getting the marker underneath all those bridges over and over got annoying. For me I would have like it if they mixed that up a little more. Over all though this is my favorite game this year so far.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By guiseppe

I liked the scene, the feel, the fight, all of that. I just wish it was a little more challenging. I had more problems with the boss on chapter 6 than I had with the last one. And personally, I feel like there's something wrong then. Still, it was a great fight, and hopefully it'll prove more of a challenge on the impossible mode, which I'm playing through right now.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By Icemael

Indeed, the final boss is amazing. To be honest, i think it's the coolest final boss fight I've ever played. A shame there weren't more bosses. While they were great, two isn't very much(The regenerating guy and the one you fight with the big cannons don't count). Oh well, they're working on the sequel so I guess we might see some more there.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By zitosilva

Seeing it was indeed great. When he moves, how he blocks the sun and everything becomes yellowish... It was really cool.

But I do have to (also) complaim about the difficulty... it was kinda lame the fact that he'll just bash those tentacles at you, it doesn't even try to antecipate your movements, all you have to do is keep runing (at least on normal).

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Sarnecki

My friend was in the room and he was about to bash how silly the hive mind was considering it was nothing but a tentacle.  Then both of our mouths dropped at the beauty of the graphics and the astonishingly good creature design.

Avatar image for dark_spartan796
    Dark_Spartan796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dark_Spartan796

It killed me the first time because I was so taken by the stunning visuals.

That, and you look up into the sky and see this GIANT HUNK OF ROCK falling back towards the planet, kinda creates a LITTLE sense of urgency to get the hell off the planet during the whole fight.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#10  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

I liked the part when Issac was dangling upside-down and shooting.

DC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By DC

The camera spinning a 360 around Issac while following the huge tentacle was a pretty cool bit of direction.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.