Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

Well that was kind of a grind...

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By OneEyedNinja7

I just completed Dead Space for the second time, this time on Impossible difficulty. It was hard but nowhere near as difficult as the top difficulty in other games. I had relatively no trouble other than the infirmary part of the USM Valor. The Hive Mind was MUCH easier than I thought it was going to be. One issue I had with the Impossible difficulty setting had nothing to do with the gameplay itself but DLC. If you didn't know, the DLC in Dead Space is primarily upgraded weapon and armor kits. You can basically buy your way out of beating Impossible which I think kind of eliminates the point. Well, I'm off to play Dead Space a third time (this time with just the Plasma Cutter).

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

I just completed Dead Space for the second time, this time on Impossible difficulty. It was hard but nowhere near as difficult as the top difficulty in other games. I had relatively no trouble other than the infirmary part of the USM Valor. The Hive Mind was MUCH easier than I thought it was going to be. One issue I had with the Impossible difficulty setting had nothing to do with the gameplay itself but DLC. If you didn't know, the DLC in Dead Space is primarily upgraded weapon and armor kits. You can basically buy your way out of beating Impossible which I think kind of eliminates the point. Well, I'm off to play Dead Space a third time (this time with just the Plasma Cutter).

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

All I've got left is to beat the game on Impossible...plus getting the 50% Hull integrity ones...but I just haven't bothered to start up an easy game for that.  Banjo-Kazooie kind of has me by the nuts.....

......and bolts.

Congrats on getting through it, though!
    OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

Yeah I did the hull integrity over 50% in Chapter 4. Now THAT was a pain. Except for the slug boss. That was alright.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jakob187
    OneEyedNinja7 said:
    "Yeah I did the hull integrity over 50% in Chapter 4. Now THAT was a pain. Except for the slug boss. That was alright."
    Yeah, the Ch 4 on is such a bitch.  The Slug Boss, I've almost gotten it every time I played, but then I'd stop caring.  It's 10 points for each, so it's not like they are impossible to get on Easy.  lol
    BTW...if you haven't played Banjo-Kazooie yet, those achievements are super fucking fun!!!  I threw a cow into a volcano!!!
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Pibo47

Yeah. I really didnt like dead space that much. It was just another shooter IMO. A good shooter, but i was exspecting some scary stuff.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jakob187
    Pibo47 said:
    "Yeah. I really didnt like dead space that much. It was just another shooter IMO. A good shooter, but i was exspecting some scary stuff."
    -_-  Wow.  I guess it's not necessarily for everyone, but this was one of the tightest controlling shooters I've played in a while.  Even for using something like the RE4 turning style and everything, it was very intuitive.  I will say that the game is more of a general eerie/creepy vibe than it is scary...but I also think that it's hard to make anything scary nowadays.
    Nonetheless, it's a great game.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Vinchenzo
    Pibo47 said:
    "Yeah. I really didnt like dead space that much. It was just another shooter IMO. A good shooter, but i was exspecting some scary stuff."
    Thanks for bringing your invalid opinion here.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Pibo47
    Vinchenzo said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    Thanks for bringing your invalid opinion here."
    Invalid??? How so? What i said was meant to be taken as "this game is a grind because" type o thing. So please explain why my opinion is less valid than yours, considering your the cock sucker who didnt EVEN POST AN OPINION!
    jakob187 said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    -_-  Wow.  I guess it's not necessarily for everyone, but this was one of the tightest controlling shooters I've played in a while.  Even for using something like the RE4 turning style and everything, it was very intuitive.  I will say that the game is more of a general eerie/creepy vibe than it is scary...but I also think that it's hard to make anything scary nowadays.
    Nonetheless, it's a great game.
    "
    I dont get the creepy's from this game. But that not to say its a damn good game, as your saying.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Pibo47 said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "Pibo47 said:
    Thanks for bringing your invalid opinion here."
    Invalid??? How so? What i said was meant to be taken as "this game is a grind because" type o thing. So please explain why my opinion is less valid than yours, considering your the cock sucker who didnt EVEN POST AN OPINION!"
    Brad gave it 5 stars ergo we have to like it as much as he did.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.