Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

Worth a look still?

• 68 results
    MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By MEATBALL

Abso-fucking-lutely. I still like it more than Dead Space 2 (and Dead Space 2 is a fine, fine game). It holds up extremely well.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By NTM

@MightyDuck: Actually, that's one of the things that turned me off from it since I didn't realize how far they took that into the game. I mean, not necessarily the whole Isaac Clarke killing necromorphs, but just how depressing it is to see everyone on the ship dead; either limbs cut off and floating in zero-g, or on the ground in a hallway, and the way that they're mutilated on the walls, I guess at first it kind of overwhelmed me, I just found it somewhat dreadful, when now and after I beat it, I didn't even think of it that way. Or I just became desensitized very quickly from it, although I've played many other violent games before it, it's weird, but I just remember that that was one of my main problems with it.

That was 08 and my views on certain things were slightly different I guess for a little while. If anything, that helped the atmosphere. So yeah, if you give it a chance, I hope you realize the greatness in the game just as I did. Oh, and don't really listen to those that say it's a shooter, 'cause if you play it as a shooter, I don't think you'll have as much fun. I mean, don't play it like a run 'n gun; take your time to walk through the environments, and don't run quite as much, unless there's a reason you need to run away.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yes, it's great. Wasn't as much of a fan of DS2, but the first is definitely one of my favorite horror games I've played.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dead Space 1 is great. Go for it.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

One of my fav games of this generation. Better than the sequel in my opinion with less action and more suspense. Imagine if Event Horizon and Alien had a child and you'll get some idea of this game. Also need to mention the sound design as it really adds to the whole experience. So in other words..... BUY IT!!

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

Pro Tip. Use you Kinesis to pull the blades off dead enemies and launch them at the live ones. Will save you a ton of ammo over the course of the game. Also Plasma Cutter for life!!

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Hell fucking yeah you should!

HiCZoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By HiCZoK

Sure. first and then second game if YOu want.

first is 9/10 game and second is 8/10 game surely

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#59  Edited By Vinny_Says

no....

wait, yes get that game booiiii! It's awesome!

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By DeF

@MightyDuck: yes,of course! go, play, now!

@Shookems: yes finish it! why would you not finish it and jump into the second game if nothing actively stopped you from continuing?!

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Loved the first one. Hated Dead Space 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I made a list of my 10 favorite games from this generation and Dead Space is #5.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By JoeyRavn

As everyone's said, yes, of course. What I don't get is the "still". What would make a game suddenly become not worth a look, if the game was good in the first place?

Clairabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By Clairabel

@FluxWaveZ said:

I got the first Dead Space and the second one in a Steam bundle this year. I've played about 5 or so hours of Dead Space 1 but it keeps on freezing on me during certain moments (and my PC is pretty good), so it's basically forced me to stop playing it. A pity, but I'd recommend it on what I've played alone.

I first played Dead Space on the PC and found it really hard to play control-wise, also because it kept freezing. I completed it but it was a nightmare. Luckily I got Dead Space 2 for my PS3 and found it much easier to play and had less issues with it.

I recommend both games, they're great horror games and I found them to be frightening and compelling too.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By EXTomar

I think Dead Space is still playable and worth a look but it does go a little long. If you can borrow or get it used for cheap then grab it and take a look.

sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#66  Edited By sean2206

I came here to pose a similar question although this thread has answered my question. So the first ones great, as is the second although a bit more action focused. I think I'll play through both I'm looking for a good horror game.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#67  Edited By Hizang

Yes it really is, it is a more horror themed game and more about atmosphere. In the second one he talks and that was a big mistake for me.

ShaneCase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ShaneCase
    @MightyDuck I just started playing this game last night , I'm a few chapters in and I gotta say I'm highly pleased

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.