Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

Wow, the turret part really sucks.

NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By NickLott

Trying to finally finish this and move on to Dead Space 2. Playing on normal, I have died three times before getting to the turret where I am now at the end of Chapter 4 and it is really unfortunate how shitty it is. I've been on it for 20 minutes now and I still haven't beat it. The controls feel extremely off and I can't adjust the sensitivity on the controller. Starting to wish I was playing on pc. 

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By cornbredx

Yep. That part is almost game breaking its so bad. 
    Just struggle through it and you wont regret it. It may take a lot of effort but you'll be glad you did. Be happy in knowing they realized those parts sucked and I hear they did not use them in the second game (hooray!).

BTW I have the first, not the second. I'm getting the second when my Tax returns come back. Its one of a few things on my list anyway.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Vinny_Says

ha, try finishing it with 40 damage remaining!

Xanth93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Xanth93

Yeah, that part is awful. And I will eventually get all the trophies on that game, but you need to get through that with 50% health. Fuck. I have quite a task.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By cornbredx
    @Xanth93: Ya i've been trying to get that for a long time now. Sadly there is no strategy or trick to it, it will highly require luck and repetition. Next time I try I think I'm gonna have a bottle of vodka handy to ease the pain.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @nicklott said:
    " Trying to finally finish this and move on to Dead Space 2. Playing on normal, I have died three times before getting to the turret where I am now at the end of Chapter 4 and it is really unfortunate how shitty it is. I've been on it for 20 minutes now and I still haven't beat it. The controls feel extremely off and I can't adjust the sensitivity on the controller. Starting to wish I was playing on pc.  "
    I got it easily. Aim for the big rocks mostly. Also not all the rocks will hit the ship. Ones at the extreme sides and top and bottom will miss. 
    Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Noodles
    @nicklott said:

" Trying to finally finish this and move on to Dead Space 2. Playing on normal, I have died three times before getting to the turret where I am now at the end of Chapter 4 and it is really unfortunate how shitty it is. I've been on it for 20 minutes now and I still haven't beat it. The controls feel extremely off and I can't adjust the sensitivity on the controller. Starting to wish I was playing on pc.  "

If you weren't even past chapter 4, why would you play DS1 before 2?
    NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NickLott

Well, I finally beat it about 7 minutes after making this post. I can't believe something like this didn't get a red flag from play testers. 

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Finishing it without missing a single asteroid made me rage so much.
    MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MiniPato
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    " ha, try finishing it with 40 damage remaining! "
    lol indeed. Ironically THE hardest part of getting the platinum trophy. Insane mode is a cake walk compared to that one turret part on any difficulty.
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RE_Player1
    @MiniPato said:

" @blacklabeldomm said:

lol indeed. Ironically THE hardest part of getting the platinum trophy. Insane mode is a cake walk compared to that one turret part on any difficulty. "
    Yeah really. I remember when I got the platinum I got stuck at a few places on insane but not more than 20 minutes but those turret spots... once you get passed those you really felt like you've accomplished something :P
    NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NickLott
    @Noodles said: 
    If you weren't even past chapter 4, why would you play DS1 before 2? "
    Well, It's not like I didn't like Dead Space, work and other things get in the way and once I put a game down it takes me a while to get back to it and I may pick up another game in that time (the same things happens to me with any media like books, tv shows, etc). Seeing all the Dead Space 2 stuff makes me want to finish up the first game before I play it, seeing as I already own it and all.
    Jeldh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jeldh

The Turret part with the asteroids? Am i the only one here who did not have a problem with it at all? Im playing normal on the PC with an Xbox controller, and I did it on my first try.

karatetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By karatetron

As a general rule, turret parts always suck.

Liminality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Liminality
    @MrCaptain said:
    " The Turret part with the asteroids? Am i the only one here who did not have a problem with it at all? Im playing normal on the PC with an Xbox controller, and I did it on my first try. "
    Seems like there's only 2 of us.
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By nintendoeats

Fuck that trophy. I S-RANKED THAT BITCH YOU KNOW!

The part leading up to it and coming back is really cool though. Any time that game plays with gravity (you know, its one really unique feature) it gets awesome.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By BulletproofMonk

I really can't understand how people are having so much trouble with this part. Getting through it with 40 damage was tough, but just finishing that part wasn't really that bad.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By chu52

As jeff talked about in the a.r.e.s. quicklook, turrets always suck. And yeah in my playing through so far that has been the worst part.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#19  Edited By Yummylee

Even worse when you try for the trophy/achievement.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By big_jon

I liked that part.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By GunstarRed

I remember the first time I did it I  finished it first time with no effort at all but the second time it took about 15 attempts. Once you go for the achievement  you somehow get so good at it that you never ever fail it.
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Spoonman671

I don't understand why everybody complains about the turret section.  This part really isn't very hard.  You know there are two turrets, right?  L1 and R1 both have their own guns.  Not knowing that is the only way I can imagine somebody having such a hard time with this.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By Funzzo
    @nicklott said:
    "Trying to finally finish this and move on to Dead Space 2. Playing on normal, I have died three times before getting to the turret where I am now at the end of Chapter 4 and it is really unfortunate how shitty it is. I've been on it for 20 minutes now and I still haven't beat it. The controls feel extremely off and I can't adjust the sensitivity on the controller. Starting to wish I was playing on pc.  "

I played on hard and beat it on first try. I was playing PC but I was using a 360 contoller. Also I never finished dead space and now that I have beat dead space 2 I wish I had played through the first one first.
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By infininja
    @Liminality said:
    " @MrCaptain said:
    " The Turret part with the asteroids? Am i the only one here who did not have a problem with it at all? Im playing normal on the PC with an Xbox controller, and I did it on my first try. "
    Seems like there's only 2 of us. "
    The sensitivity is jacked up super high on 360, so it takes a little getting used to, but the difficulty isn't actually high.
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NTM

I kind of think you have to be good enough to do that part. I can do it fine, but my brother and best friend couldn't do it at all so they always gave me the controller. It is pretty intense trying to get the trophy for it though, luckily I got it on my second try and I was playing on Impossible, though I doubt having the difficulty up changes those parts. I can't remember, I've only beat it on easy twice, and on impossible over ten times.
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By Evilsbane
    @MrCaptain said:
    I just recently heard about complaints about these turret sections, I never had any trouble with them...
    Avatar image for dork_metamorphosis
    Dork_Metamorphosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That part was a pain and the first time I heard Hammond say the words "cannon" and "asteroids" I got a sinking feeling about what was coming. Ugh. Definitely the worst of the minigames. Thankfully the second time you're on the cannon isn't nearly as annoying.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By shiftymagician

Who here actually played DS1 on PC with a keyboard and mouse?  I did it with both a controller and mouse and let me tell you, it is definitely more of a hassle on a controller, with the mouse guaranteeing that you will not get hit once with good aim.

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By dudacles
    @Noodles said:
    " @nicklott said:

If you weren't even past chapter 4, why would you play DS1 before 2? "
    Because they're part of a single story arc? Seriously, why would anyone skip out on Dead Space, a game that is fantastic in its own right. It's not like Dead Space 2 makes it obsolete or anything.
    Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By A_Cute_Squirtle
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    I totally did this with fifty remaining and I was also playing on the medium or normal level. 

I dunno, I had difficulty with the controls but I didn't find it game breaking. I never had to retry it. 
    chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By chu52

So the first one WRECKED me. Second turret sequence was a breeze. Hmmmmm. Though the second one is waaaay cooler as a set piece.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By napalm
    @MrCaptain said:
    The key I had for it was to not constantly fire the guns because it slows down your aiming. Only fire one or two shots and then move to hit the others. I'm going through the game again now and I haven't hit that spot yet. Hopefully it's not too much of a problem on hard,
    MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#33  Edited By MildMolasses

I picked this up after playing DS2, and this fucking sequence is making me not want to play anymore. I was loving it up til then, but the controls are absolute shit on this section
    MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#34  Edited By MildMolasses
    @Spoonman671 said:
    "I don't understand why everybody complains about the turret section.  This part really isn't very hard.  You know there are two turrets, right?  L1 and R1 both have their own guns.  Not knowing that is the only way I can imagine somebody having such a hard time with this. "

Yep, I know there are two guns, but that doesn't have anything to do with the reticle flying all over the place and me not being able to adjust the sensitvity
    Shadowsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Shadowsquire
    @Liminality said: 

@MrCaptain said: 

Make it 3?    
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Cloudenvy

Only weak part of Dead Space, in my opinion.

memo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By memo

Hell ya that part sucks.  I remember I kept failing at it and i raged quit and did play in in a couple days.  When back to it pissed me off again and I still don't know how I passed that it was just luck.  There is no tips for it just keep going at it and eventually you will pass it

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By Slaker117

It was annoying, especially when going for the achievement, but I don't remember it being all the difficult.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By 49th

Beat the first turret part on my second try on normal. It was challenging and to be honest I only had about 10 life remaining, but still managed it. The second turret bit I beat on my first try, I didn't like it as much as the first part though, which I actually thought was pretty cool. Especially when it starts auto-aiming at the asteroids, that was awesome -  I watched it for about 3 minutes.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By EVO
    @Shadowsquire said:
    " @Liminality said: 

@MrCaptain said: 

Make it 3?     "

i thought it was a nice change of pace. Anyone that had trouble with it probably just sucks.
    MegaGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MegaGoat
    @EVO said:
    " @Shadowsquire said:
    " @Liminality said: 

@MrCaptain said: 

Make it 3?     "
    4.  i thought it was a nice change of pace. Anyone that had trouble with it probably just sucks. "
    They may suck
    Or they might be complete assholes
    Perhaps they are cunts
    Vaginas even

Or maybe the section isn't very good
    fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#42  Edited By fox01313

Agreed, I thought it bit so much in that game that I completely repressed that part of Dead Space until someone brought it up either in a bombcast or quick look here on the site (Brad if I recall).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.