I got the Deadliest Warrior. Any questions about the game?

• 68 results
#-49 Edited by Jeust (10860 posts) -
@themangalist said:

" @Jeust: i thought the spartan was king of season one.   btw, out of pure interest, who would you like to see most in the game, maybe as dlc or possibly a sequel? "

The spartan is good, but it the knight has higher endurance and better projectiles, although it is slower.  

I would like to see the shaolin monk or the persian immortal. 
#-48 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

This thread is making me want this game, it sounds pretty awesome

#-47 Posted by jakob187 (21763 posts) -

Is it good?

#-46 Posted by ReVenge (12 posts) -

I have a review up if anyone wants to take a look. But the screams from some of the warriors sounds really loud or something, some weird audio with this game.

#-45 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3119 posts) -

Got the full game earlier today, and it's pretty good.  I wish it was a little more like Bushido Blade with the sudden deaths, but fights can still end in a single-hit decapitation if you mess around so it works for me.  Also, take note that the default difficulty setting is "Hard", so if you find the game too difficult you can always change it.  Personally, I love that the computer spends half of it's time making me look like a complete chump while I ding ineffectively off of their armor and shields.  Hope they get to work on that DLC fast, and if it sells well, I'd definitely buy a full-game sequel.

#-44 Edited by Jeust (10860 posts) -
@addictedtopinescent said:

" This thread is making me want this game, it sounds pretty awesome "

Play the demo, and see if you like it. :) 

@jakob187

said:

" Is it good? "

It is, especially if you play with someone or like playing in the internet. Over time there may come some unbalance in versus matches, but for now it is awesome, as the game seems impervious to button mashing or the abuse of the same strategy over and over again. But as the game is "realistic" you have to approach combat carefully. 

@ReVenge said:
" I have a review up if anyone wants to take a look. But the screams from some of the warriors sounds really loud or something, some weird audio with this game. "
That is true, and they say the most bland or impossible to understand things. lol 

@Make_Me_Mad said:
" Got the full game earlier today, and it's pretty good.  I wish it was a little more like Bushido Blade with the sudden deaths, but fights can still end in a single-hit decapitation if you mess around so it works for me.  Also, take note that the default difficulty setting is "Hard", so if you find the game too difficult you can always change it.  Personally, I love that the computer spends half of it's time making me look like a complete chump while I ding ineffectively off of their armor and shields.  Hope they get to work on that DLC fast, and if it sells well, I'd definitely buy a full-game sequel. "
hehehe what do you think of the ninja? have you played with him?  
#-43 Posted by tradyman (7 posts) -

its a great game .. worth my  10 bucks ...
#-42 Posted by tradyman (7 posts) -

whats the timing for the parry counters
#-41 Posted by Jeust (10860 posts) -
@tradyman said:
" whats the timing for the parry counters "
Good question, i'm trying to find that myself. I think it depends from fighter to fighter.
#-40 Posted by tradyman (7 posts) -

dose any one want to pratice with me or what forum do i go to so i could talk to dw fans thats plays this game
#-39 Posted by Jeust (10860 posts) -
@tradyman said:
" dose any one want to pratice with me or what forum do i go to so i could talk to dw fans thats plays this game "
Create a thread in this forums for it. You'll find mates to play with. :)
#-38 Posted by lilman1101 (1067 posts) -

How badass is the Ninja?

#-37 Posted by Jeust (10860 posts) -
@lilman1101 said:
" How badass is the Ninja? "
He is very fast, and effective, still his defense, is probably on par with the Apache the weakest.
#-36 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

What is your Favorite warrior?
#-35 Edited by Jeust (10860 posts) -
@JoeRiccadonna said:

" What is your Favorite warrior? "

Probably the samurai. He has probably the fastest short range attack, one of the best long range attacks, and i don't use mid range. :P 

I thought the ninja would be my favourite, but playing with him is a pain. As he doesn't have a shield, any longe range attack has to be dodged, if you don't you'll lose a bit, a lot or all of your health. On short range, he is good, but as he has none to slim armour, if your enemy parries one of your attacks, you are bound to taste the sour feel of his blade. It is frustrating, but can be awesome if well played.
#-34 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3119 posts) -
@Jeust:

The ninja is an odd one.  He pretty much dominates at mid-range, thanks to all of the bashing attacks taking your shield arm out of commission, and the sweeping range taking down most attempts to dodge.  Getting parried does pretty much mean you're finished when you're the ninja in light armor, though, so you really have to focus more on countering and sneaking in hits whenever the enemy is open.  Have to say that of the two most lightly armored fighters, I prefer the Apache's fighting style with the knife more.

Also, as far as survival mode goes, the Ninja is only slightly less annoying with his stupid poison blow darts than the Pirate is with his nigh-undodgeable blunderbuss.

#-33 Posted by Jeust (10860 posts) -
@Make_Me_Mad said:
" @Jeust:

The ninja is an odd one.  He pretty much dominates at mid-range, thanks to all of the bashing attacks taking your shield arm out of commission, and the sweeping range taking down most attempts to dodge.  Getting parried does pretty much mean you're finished when you're the ninja in light armor, though, so you really have to focus more on countering and sneaking in hits whenever the enemy is open.  Have to say that of the two most lightly armored fighters, I prefer the Apache's fighting style with the knife more.

Also, as far as survival mode goes, the Ninja is only slightly less annoying with his stupid poison blow darts than the Pirate is with his nigh-undodgeable blunderbuss.

"
true ^^  

The pirate can be quite a pain. At long range he is probably the character most likely to kill in one hit. 
#-32 Posted by MrRedwine (430 posts) -

I'm glad people are still digging this game.  The problem I'm having right now is that I can't remember which characters I have beaten the game with on the Deadliest difficulty and I REALLY want that samurai helmet (but I'm not willing to pay for one)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.