Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadlock: Planetary Conquest

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Jul 22, 1996

A sci-fi Turn-Based Strategy game where alien species fight for the control of newly found habitable planets in order to gain Universal Supremecy.

Concept art for Deadlock

Avatar image for deactivated-5f90eabee6bba
    deactivated-5f90eabee6bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I just added a bunch of concept art for Deadlock: Planetary Conquest that I found from one of the artists websites. http://www.artbeco.com/ProjectsArt/Deadlock/Deadlock.htm It's rather interesting. If you look at the art compared to the game, you'll realize that specific units were designed for each race, but due to time or money, this was scrapped and all of them were used for all races BUT various vehicles from each original race design were thrown in. Basically, the vehicles are an amalgamation of all of the original unit designs.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By BeachThunder

Deadlock is an awesome game. Pity they didn't add those things in, I would have loved to see individual units for each race. I wonder if it's possible for someone to create a mod that adds in those unique units for each race.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f90eabee6bba
    deactivated-5f90eabee6bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I had tracked down one of the artists on Facebook and we talked a bit (won't write me back anymore for some reason) but he told me some interesting stuff about why Deadlock II turned out the way it did. I would like to share but I can't remember if he said it was okay or not. If I ever hear back from him, I will add it to the wiki.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.