Best selling 360 game in America for the week

#1 Edited by august (3811 posts) -

According to gamasutra.

I know there's already a thread about how it's doing on Amazon, but this is overall.

There's a lot of Zachs out there.

EDIT:  Guys, I tried to delete this thread because I saw that gamasutra is getting it's numbers from... Amazon.com. Yeah. So... there you go. This could probably stand to be locked if a mod has the inclination, and discussion could go back to the amazon thread. Or we could just keep talking here I guess.

#2 Posted by havelava (172 posts) -

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEAH

#3 Edited by Terra1909 (312 posts) -

Holy crap. I think Giant Bomb has officially become a movement now.  

However, I'm still not going to buy the game. I like watching them play through it too much. 

Edit: 
And there is absolutely NO WAY the sales had anything to do with the Amazon price drop. No way whatosever--it was all GB.
#4 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6788 posts) -

That's extremely surprising if accurate, never would have dreamed it would sell that well.

#5 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4874 posts) -

I'm enjoying the ER, but the game seriously looks like garbage.

#6 Posted by Yummylee (20541 posts) -

Hopefully its growing popularity will get its import into the UK. =/
#7 Posted by CoverlessTech (740 posts) -

I'm actually thinking about buying it. The story seems interesting, unlike 99.9999% of all other games out there.

#8 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

Giant Bomb's popularity is skyrocketing, that is so surprising if those sales are accurate.

#9 Posted by Majkiboy (939 posts) -

Seriously? there's nothing better out there?

#10 Posted by LordAndrew (13972 posts) -

Has anything good come out recently?

#11 Posted by Hunkulese (2525 posts) -

You're vastly overestimating Giant Bomb's reach. I'm sure it had a minor effect but there are less then 500 people who have linked their 360 account to Giant Bomb that have played the game. Let's be generous and say only half of Giant Bomb users link their profiles and maybe you could say there are 1000 people who frequent Giant Bomb that have played Deadly Premonition. Of those people I'm sure a lot of them have only rented the game and there are probably a fair number of people that bought the game before the endurance runs were announced.

It has more to do with the fact that people love horror and there's a $15-20 with a woman screaming on the cover. Also it's the beginning of a new fiscal year and nothing else is being released right now. Did you see the other games on the list? Bad Company 2 is the most recent game and that's been out for months now.

#12 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

Wow, that's kinda mindblowing 

#13 Posted by august (3811 posts) -

Guys, I tried to delete this thread because I saw that gamasutra is getting it's numbers from... Amazon.com. Yeah. So... there you go. This could probably stand to be locked if a mod has the inclination, and discussion could go back to the amazon thread. Or we could just keep talking here I guess.

#14 Posted by Mayu_Zane (602 posts) -

There's a similar discussion up at Joystiq, some folks think the combined influence and word of mouth from both GiantBomb and Destructoid got something to do with the massive sales.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.