Deadly Premonition Endurance Run TShirt Thread

#1 Posted by alsnuts2 (674 posts) -

Just getting out in front of this one. 

Maybe I just jinxed it? but here's hoping.  Any thoughts on who you would want to see do the ER? Jeff and Vinny again cause you know they are comedy gold? or maybe roll the dice a bit and let Brad spread his wings? Of course if brad is playing the ER there might be 30 hours of reloading the game from the last save.  Ryan seems like a funny dude, but he also seems utterly uninterested in the Endurance Run. Thoughts?

#2 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Brad could be watching Jeff or Vinny play but I do not want him actually playing the game.  Would be too rage-inducing. :P

#3 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Nice preemptive strike. I'll get started on making T-shirts right away. :P

#4 Edited by Rallier (1739 posts) -
#5 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I guess Jeff/Vinny or Brad/Jeff would be a good combo.

#7 Posted by RenMcKormack (1074 posts) -

Front:
My name is Francis York Morgan
You can call me York

Back: 
Everyone calls me that

#8 Posted by natetodamax (19192 posts) -

Is the game even long enough to warrant any form of an Endurance Run?

#9 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1041 posts) -
@natetodamax: I don't think it's the length of the game that they need to endure. It's the quality.
#10 Posted by TurboMan (7506 posts) -
@natetodamax: some people said 40+ hours if they do all side quests, 30 hours for normal game
#11 Posted by JJOR64 (18954 posts) -

I just watched this whole game, well, mostly the last few hours on Justin TV.  All I can say is, this game is fucked up.

#12 Posted by Soap (3577 posts) -

good to see a topic has been made before the endurance run has even started to run the humour into the ground. Gratz

#13 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

i think forty hours is just about right, we'd all like to see another epic 100 hour endurance run but it seemed it was getting a bit too much for them by the end of persoan.. i know that's the whole point of an 'endurance' run, but maybe they're taking it a little easier this time. The humour and awkwardness seems perfect for an ER too. 

I think Jeff and Vinny was pretty much the best team ever, they played off each other really well, and any change might be for the worse... but i still think they should change it. Try some new combos. I vote for Brad and Ryan as long as ryan is playing.

#14 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -

Why start this when it has not even been confirmed yet?  Are you guys (more specifically the op) so impatient that you can't wait?

#15 Posted by alsnuts2 (674 posts) -
@Soap:   PSsst dont look now, but the fact that the thread exists before the Endurance Run is even announced might, itself, be a joke. 

I had a crazy thought earlier today. How about Drew? I bet he could be a good straight man for hijinks. This is all assuming of course they actually go through with it.  I watched a few P4 episodes and it just felt like summer all over again.
#16 Posted by KuribosShoe (640 posts) -

It's Jeff's fault for teasing it.  Not that I'm mad at him or anything, but you know how this place gets about everything, with the yelling and the running into the ground of everything and etc.

#17 Posted by Conker (779 posts) -

ENDURANCE RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
#18 Posted by masterherocard (419 posts) -

I think... 

Wait for a better game for endurance run season 2. 

With this, i dunno, "Deadly Premonition: the multi-part quick look bananza."
#19 Posted by DeBurgo (70 posts) -
@KuribosShoe said:

" It's Jeff's fault for teasing it.  Not that I'm mad at him or anything, but you know how this place gets about everything, with the yelling and the running into the ground of everything and etc. "

Running what into the ground? Are you saying "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US" isn't funny anymore?!?
#20 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -

(t-shirt), but popularity leads to imtimacy!

#21 Posted by havelava (175 posts) -
@cap123 said:
" i think forty hours is just about right, we'd all like to see another epic 100 hour endurance run but it seemed it was getting a bit too much for them by the end of persoan.. i know that's the whole point of an 'endurance' run, but maybe they're taking it a little easier this time. The humour and awkwardness seems perfect for an ER too.   I think Jeff and Vinny was pretty much the best team ever, they played off each other really well, and any change might be for the worse... but i still think they should change it. Try some new combos. I vote for Brad and Ryan as long as ryan is playing. "
You got both your wishes!
#22 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1915 posts) -

A bit early to drop this on here (as I'm sure most of you won't get the reference), but I figured I'd do so before it becomes an over-saturated inside joke.

Front

Back
#23 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

we don't have a "yip"  level of quote yet

#24 Edited by cap123 (2477 posts) -
@havelava:  :D  hallelujah!
#25 Posted by Creamypies (4060 posts) -
@trophyhunter said:
" we don't have a "yip"  level of quote yet "
Yeah... it's gonna be tough to live up to expectations.
#26 Posted by DystopiaX (5300 posts) -
@TurboMan said:
" @natetodamax: some people said 40+ hours if they do all side quests, 30 hours for normal game "
keep in mind that they take a lot longer to do stuff too- they spent loads of time fusing personas and doing ordinary stuff like reading dialogue (and commenting on it) that most players would spend a lot less time on. So 30 for normal game=maybe 40 or more when they do it.
#27 Posted by RipTheVeins (1546 posts) -

Someone get on an "F..K in the coffee" shirt stat!

#28 Posted by Dethfish (3646 posts) -

There needs to be some Team VJ and Team BR shirts made. Some pins would be nice too.

#29 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

I have a feeling this VJ vs BR is going to get a lot more heated than Conan vs Leno. This Endurance Run is going to split the site in half!

#30 Posted by Dalai (7017 posts) -
@Dethfish77 said:
" There needs to be some Team VJ and Team BR shirts made. Some pins would be nice too. "
In Team Fortress 2 style or Team Coco style?
#31 Posted by Dethfish (3646 posts) -
@Dalai said:
" @Dethfish77 said:
" There needs to be some Team VJ and Team BR shirts made. Some pins would be nice too. "
In Team Fortress 2 style or Team Coco style? "
I was thinking more like Twilight New Moon style.
#32 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

This is so premature it annoys me.

#33 Posted by Landon (4138 posts) -

Is anyone familiar with the "Team Edward" and "Team Jacob" tshirts? Someone should make that.

Team Vinny and Jeff
Team Brad and Ryan

#34 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -
@cap123 said:
" i think forty hours is just about right, we'd all like to see another epic 100 hour endurance run but it seemed it was getting a bit too much for them by the end of persoan.. i know that's the whole point of an 'endurance' run, but maybe they're taking it a little easier this time. The humour and awkwardness seems perfect for an ER too.   I think Jeff and Vinny was pretty much the best team ever, they played off each other really well, and any change might be for the worse... but i still think they should change it. Try some new combos. I vote for Brad and Ryan as long as ryan is playing. "
You mean 99 hours and 59 minutes endurance run ;)
#35 Posted by carlthenimrod (1594 posts) -

I want a "INVESTIGATION FAILURE" t-shirt.

#36 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1915 posts) -

I know Vinny died during this part too, but I couldn't find any of his lower review cartoons.

#37 Edited by punkxblaze (2972 posts) -

Thrown together over the course of about five minutes. Clearly, I put effort into my product :x.
#38 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

Here's my designs. Slight variations on the spelling of the names but it's same shirt. I like the the ones without the slash myself. The Jeff and Vinny ones turned out the best i think, i couldn't find any good menacing pictures of Ryan or Brad.

#39 Posted by Eidderf (506 posts) -

Made this quickly today

#40 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

*golfclap*

Keep 'em coming guys.

#41 Posted by Vager (1653 posts) -

Here's a 15 minute half-assed tee:

#42 Edited by Brackynews (4064 posts) -
@xobballox said:

" I guess Jeff/Vinny or Brad/Jeff would be a good combo. "

No.  

BRYAN
VS
JENNY

Ready? ENDURE!
P.S. Team Jenny 4 Life.
#43 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1915 posts) -

Another one that came to mind.

#44 Posted by Rallier (1739 posts) -

#45 Edited by Bones8677 (3228 posts) -

T-shirt:   "We have determined this Hamburger to be...delicious."

#46 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

YES YES YES and YES. We need a Twilight rip for team VJ and team BR, and then maybe a team Drew with a question mark. This has to happen.

#47 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1915 posts) -

#48 Posted by Mysterysheep (353 posts) -
@Sleepy_Insomniac: Hahahahaha!! Thanks for reminding me of that joke :D
#49 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

This thread is already fucking great, and we are only 2 (or 4) episodes in 

#50 Posted by GloomyTangent (194 posts) -
@Sleepy_Insomniac: That's pretty great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.