Did someone change the faces of some of the characters?

#1 Edited by indus (82 posts) -

So I was linked to Amazon's sale on Deadly Premonition and saw that Francis York Morgan had a new face from some of the screenshots for the game. I thought I was going crazy until another screenshot which had a pretty man version of George as well alongside the new York. The only thing i'd like to know is why the face(s) were changed and what face goes into Deadly Premonition 2?

Special Agent Francis York Morgan?

Here's the link to the said page.

#2 Posted by McGhee (6091 posts) -

@indus said:

So I was linked to Amazon's sale on Deadly Premonition and saw that Francis York Morgan had a new face from some of the screenshots for the game. I thought I was going crazy until another screenshot which had a pretty man version of George as well alongside the new York. The only thing i'd like to know is why the face(s) were changed and what face goes into Deadly Premonition 2?

Here's the link to the said page.

Not Deadly Premonitin 2, but I think an early version of Francis York Morgan.

#3 Posted by indus (82 posts) -

Whew, yeah Amazon PR screwing up makes more sense than the changing of what are now iconic characters.

#4 Posted by buzz_clik (6837 posts) -

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

Not Deadly Premonitin 2, but I think an early version of Francis York Morgan.

This is correct.

#5 Posted by Mahonay (823 posts) -

Thank god they decided to make York look awesome and not like a little bitch. Wait, that sort of looks like me.

#6 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4969 posts) -

Beta Francis York Morgan.

#7 Edited by punkxblaze (2877 posts) -

The truth is, that's actually you, isn't it, Zach?

OVERUSED JOKE AHOY!

#8 Posted by cheddartyme (133 posts) -

I'm really glad they changed the look. I look at that screenshot and my head wants to explode. he looks like an anime character.

#9 Posted by ajamafalous (11591 posts) -

They changed all the characters because in their initial screenings everyone said it was too much like Twin Peaks.

#10 Posted by Wolf3 (35 posts) -

@Mahonay: Yeah, the actual character designs are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. I mean that's fine...functional...but the real Francis York Morgan is awesome.

#11 Posted by MrGtD (437 posts) -

Sounds like they changed George to avoid legal action because they literally stole Harry Truman in that early design.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.