Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Director's Cut release date: March 2013

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dungbootle

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/31/deadly-premonition-the-directors-cut-will-creep-out-in-march-2013/

Next year, Rising Star Games will publish Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut for PlayStation 3 in North America and Europe, and this morning, they announced a release window for the game—March 2013.

As detailed in prior reports, Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut will feature HD visuals, updated controls, new story content and post-game DLC that keeps the story going even after you’ve completed the game.

Deadly Premonition: The Director’s Cut will also support the PlayStation Movecontroller, and Access Games are considering supporting stereoscopic 3D display as well.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By kerse

I wonder how much its going to be, if it plays a good bit better I will definitely get it, but not at 60.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Yay! I will buy this!

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By nightriff

I will get it but it better be priced accordingly day one. If it is over $30 then they done fucked up and I might as well wait for it to drop or just get the 360 version. I still want to experience it myself (good and the awful) so I need to play it at some point.

procrasturbate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By procrasturbate

No 360 version?

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By AndrewB

Anyone want to explain to me how you bring HD visuals to a game released on HD consoles a couple of years ago? It bugs the crap out of me every time I see that as a bullet point on this game update. Unless they mean higher quality textures... but that's not the actual definition of... err... high definition.

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By IAmNotBatman

Call me a fucking dumb-ass but I'VE PRE-ORDERED. AND I NEVER DO THAT.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

@AndrewB said:

Anyone want to explain to me how you bring HD visuals to a game released on HD consoles a couple of years ago? It bugs the crap out of me every time I see that as a bullet point on this game update. Unless they mean higher quality textures... but that's not the actual definition of... err... high definition.

Unless the game was being rendered at sub 720p resolution, being upscaled to HD resolutions. Maybe they're just being really upfront about it and this Director's Cut will be honestly, truly run at 1080p natively, but I doubt it.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By AndrewB

@dekkadekkadekka: I believe it was rendered in actual 720p, which is technically HD. I can guess that some optimization for the PS3 would easily be able to run the game at the higher resolution, since it was never a looker in the first place.

But I don't mean to argue over resolutions. It's pretty obvious they're using "HD" in the marketing sense of "it looks better!"

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dungbootle

@dekkadekkadekka: It will be in native 1080p.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@AndrewB: I believe Swery did say that the game was not made with "HD quality textures," and that the HD graphics does refer to textures. And it's running at 1080P now too.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13  Edited By Castiel

I'm just going to leave this here:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.