Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Fuck you, Deadly Premonition

• 75 results
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By trophyhunter
    @CaptainObvious said:
    " No, fuck you! Right, Zach? "
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By iamjohn
    @LordAndrew said:
    " @iAmJohn: Hey, I have gotten enjoyment out of games that aren't actually good. That doesn't mean they're good though. Explain how actually playing the game will allow someone to get more enjoyment out of it than watching it. "
    Well for one, there's the obvious huge difference between playing something and watching someone play something, as playing something yourself allows you to experience the game in your own way and get as immersed as you want while watching someone else play it makes you a slave to whatever they choose to show you.  But more importantly, the guys have barely scratched the surface of all the cool stuff this game does and are kind of giving the wrong impression of it.  Consider mechanics: how many episodes did it take Brad to learn how to run through doors and strafe?  And does either team actually understand why you would want to hold your breath or what the cigarettes do?  And then there's the side missions.  Granted, Brad and Ryan are only just now getting to the part where the game truly opens up, but I think how they proceed in the game this week is going to be incredibly telling.  Are they going to just sleep the day away until they can do the event?  Will they wander around and do side-events that may present interesting story threads they might not have a chance to see later one?  Are they going to do the side missions to get things like the special infinite weapons, or the car parts that will fix a things they've been complaining about, or the radio so they can fast travel (which goes hand-in-hand with their car complaints)?  Based on how they've been playing the game so far, I'm not so sure.

Yeah, I know the game isn't for everyone and in spite of it being a "sum of its parts" kind of game that the individual parts are mostly mediocre, but I feel like they're doing the game a bit of a disservice.  I don't want to be the guy complaining about how these guys choose to play the game - if only because I hated the douchebags who did that during Persona - but I feel like these guys are being ignorant to a lot of the more unique things the game does (like how Greenvale runs on its own schedule whether you do anything or not and you can discover all these weird and interesting side-stories and narratives) simply because they don't like or understand how some of the things work.  And when you have a ton of people on this site more than willing to say that they're experts on the game despite having only watched the first few hours as seen through the ER's insanity filter, that kind of pisses me - someone who is playing the game and really likes it - off.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By trophyhunter
    @themangalist said:
    " i actually do agree with you too. the magic is totally lost.  well, yes, i LOOOOOOVE them balls (and chie) the thing about persona 4 was that it was light hearted and it's could definitely stand alone as a simple no-commentary playthrough video. it's just like watching a high-school drama. DP has no likable characters to start with, don't even mention what a fucking bore it is to play and watch. the mill makes the dungeon grinding in P4 seem like roller coaster ride in comparison. the new ER just kinda sucks, really. "
    No you suck really. 
    You have such fond memories of P4 you are just not willing to give anything else a chance. I think the new one is just as good as the old one. 
    Your just another spoiled brat that can't that can't stand something that is the slightest bit off. I bet you've never played a game that got lower than a 9 out of 10.
    Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#54  Edited By Tireyo

You are very good at stirring up a commotion Sweep. It's just hilarious.

SleepyDoughnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By SleepyDoughnut

I AGREE COMPLETELY. It has its moments, but the game is just bad. Hate me if you want for saying it.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By iamjohn
    @SleepyDoughnut said:
    " I AGREE COMPLETELY. It has its moments, but the game is just bad. Hate me if you want for saying it. "
    Oh look, another idiot who doesn't have Deadly Premonition on their achievement list!  I swear, you people make it too easy for me.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By mutha3
    @iAmJohn said:

" @SleepyDoughnut said:

" I AGREE COMPLETELY. It has its moments, but the game is just bad. Hate me if you want for saying it. "
    Oh look, another idiot who doesn't have Deadly Premonition on their achievement list!  I swear, you people make it too easy for me. "
    I agree with you on that DP is pretty awesome.

But, I feel that at this point people are fully justified in saying they think its a bad game. Sure, you have stuff like SIgourney's sidequest and the game gives you really cool stuff that would have been Cheat-code material in other games...but, the core gamplay won't change. York will still control with awful sub-RE4 controls, the animation still looks kinda silly and the graphics are plain bad. If you can't appreciate its weirdness there isn't much else to like left.

It just not for everybody, and I don't think someone needs to buy the game and finish it to see that. 

Mild item spoiler:

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By iamjohn
    @mutha3: I think there's a huge difference between thinking that someone needs to finish the game to know that they hate it (which I would never argue) and saying that someone should at least play the fucking game at least once before saying it's a pile of shit.  That's mostly where my problem with all this lies: idiots who have the audacity to act like they know what's what about the game and how it plays simply because they've watched a couple hours of Endurance Running.

But what else can you expect?  This is the internet, after all.
    Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By Dark_Jon

What are you talking about? EP 11 was AMAZING.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Vinchenzo

DP ER > P4 ER 

I found the Persona 4 ER incredibly boring. I'm enjoying the Deadly Premonition one, though. Would still like an ER of a decent game.

lightsoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#61  Edited By lightsoda
    @mutha3 said:
    " @CrazyChris said:

Though I think all of us would love to see a next-gen release of Persona 5, and an Endurance Run to go with it! "
    I doubt this  will happen sadly, I would really love to see it.....:( "
    We should start campaining for it to make it happen. 

On topic, I'm enjoying the new ER, and yes VJ/BR seem worn out at times, but VJ-11 felt a little more upbeat, with some laughs.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By iamjohn
    @Vinchenzo said:
    " Would still like an ER of a decent game. "
    I don't know if you got the memo, but Persona 4 was the best game to come out in 2008 and one of the best games of the last decade. >:|
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By mutha3
    @iAmJohn said:

And when you have a ton of people on this site more than willing to say that they're experts on the game despite having only watched the first few hours as seen through the ER's insanity filter, that kind of pisses me - someone who is playing the game and really likes it - off. "

Hey, I felt the same thing during the P4ER. Even though Jeff and Vinny finished that game, they  made it so hard on themself and artificially inflated the play-time with unnecessary grinding. That the game has gotten this reputation on this site of being ''grind-heavy''.

Its just  not worth getting upset over, the people that say shit like this were never planning on buying these games in the first place. And most of the time its just a more hyperbolic(English isn't my native language shut up) way to say ''this game doesn't look interesting to me'' 

EDIT:
    @iAmJohn said:
    " @Vinchenzo said:
    I don't know if you got the memo, but Persona 4 was the best game to come out in 2008 and  the best game of the last decade. >:| "
    Fixed:P
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By iamjohn
    @mutha3 said:
    " And most of the time its just a more hyperbolic(English isn't my native language shut up) "
    Not to worry; that is the correct use of "hyperbolic." :)
    Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Sweep:  You should do what I do. There are two endurance runs: One of them is funny during combat, and the other is funny during cutscenes and goofing around on the world map. So watch both runs and skip the parts that the team you're watching isn't funny on. It works.
    themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#66  Edited By themangalist
    @trophyhunter:  why so hostile man?

lol that aside, fuck you back.
    i've played a decent number of sucky games and i mean it. spoiled brats play gears of war 2 which the closest thing i've ever played was killswitch, and that was definitely no match compared to the improved formula. 

and why do you think i haven't "given DP a chance"? what does that even mean? up to now i've seen all the episodes and frankly i don't  see the appeal. well you guys can have fun with it, but it totally sucks for me. i've heard the investigations pick up pretty interestingly soon, but by then i'd skip. 

P4 is good to watch because it's a less-known game YET a decent game. DP is a less-known game AND a bad game. i would want to think the story justifies the terribleness of everything else in the game.
    lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By lemon360

I was thinking this by episode 4. I totally agree with you sweep.

solusdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By solusdeath

If you don't like the endurance run(ER)  don't watch.  I respect your opinion because everyone has opinions and are entitled to them, but Giant Bomb has decided to do an ER on a game that is different. I'd rather watch an ER of this unique game than of Gears of War 2 or Bioshock 2 or Splinter Cell: Conviction. 

Yeah I've watched eleven episodes of the Brad and Ryan ER and most of the time the jabs at the game or sometimes corny jokes seemed forced, and I understand that they are trying to make the ER entertaining. But I'm still enjoying them so i watch, if I start to dislike them,  I'm not going to bitch about it, I'll stop watching them.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#69  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @iAmJohn said:
    " @Sweep said:
    " Quite simply the game has no charm or sense of humour of it's own to compliment that of the narration. We as the audience rely almost completely on the feedback we receive from the players and they are quite obviously fatigued and bored of the game they are playing. An Endurance Run works best when the game is full of conversation pieces, not long empty roads and badly textured hallways like Deadly Premonition. It also works when the story has a form of progression to which some form of rationality can be applied. Deadly Premonition, so far, has failed to demonstrate this. It's almost.... too bad? "
    1. User makes post stating that Deadly Premonition is unredeemingly awful.
    2. Check said user's Achievement list conveniently located in their profile.
    3. See that Deadly Premonition is nowhere to be found on their Achievement list.
    4. Realize that said user is a stupid dumbfuck who has no idea what they're talking about and should shut their fucking mouth.
       Works every time! "
    Ahahahaha, I love the internet. You understood exactly the point I was trying to make. You are my fucking hero.

iAmJohn, I want to be inside you.
    BuddHA0991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By BuddHA0991

@iAmJohn said:

" @Vinchenzo said:

I don't know if you got the memo, but Persona 4 was the best game to come out in 2008 and  the best game of the last decade. >:| "
    Um no. It wasn't even the best Persona game.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ryanwho
    @BuddHA0991 said:
    "  @iAmJohn said:

" @Vinchenzo said:

Um no. It wasn't even the best Persona game. "
    I'm pretty fond of the pre date sim post highschool Eternal Punishment myself. The games haven't really improved much mechanically, they just started doing different, less complex, more time consuming things.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By mutha3
    @ryanwho said:

" @BuddHA0991 said:

"  @iAmJohn said:

" @Vinchenzo said:

Um no. It wasn't even the best Persona game. "
    I'm pretty fond of the pre date sim post highschool Eternal Punishment myself. The games haven't really improved much mechanically, they just started doing different, less complex, more time consuming things. "
     *Thinks back to the tedious high random encouter rate made even more annoying with the non-existant dungeon design which consisted mostly of gray hallways ,worst shopping system ever,horrendous localization(JOKER....ITS GETTING BIGGER!) ,lack of  a proper SMT fusion system and the eyescratchingly bad UI*

I-I...I..I would object to those statements.P3 has its own UI  problems, sure, but.....the first three? jesus. The dumbed down fusion system really didn't gel well with me either. Fusion spells were pretty rad.though....even if you only needed three of them throughout the entire game.

Oh and strangely enough the first part of the P2 saga, Innocent Sin, is far less tedious then its successor. If you liked P2:EP but felt sick of it by the end and haven't done this yet: You should play IS.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By The_A_Drain

Each to their own, i'm enjoying this ER a helluva lot more than the previous, i'm actually watching this one. Persona I got so bored within 10 episodes, gave up, this one i'm watching back to back to catch up and loving every moment of it.

Avatar image for princess_isabela
    Princess_Isabela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#74  Edited By Princess_Isabela

F K haters...in the coffee!

they probably warming up to it anyway by now. 

so, love & peace!

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#75  Edited By rjayb89

OH U GUYS.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.