Game breaking glitch (Chapter 9; minor spoilers)

#1 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1917 posts) -

I was playing the game again so I could fill out the rest of the wiki, but I decided to reload previous chapters in order to fulfill side missions for infinite ammo, car parts, etc. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that once you get the key from Olivia Cormack to open the back yard of the A&G Diner, DO NOT RELOAD AND COMPLETE A PREVIOUS CHAPTER! Doing so will overwrite your inventory and get rid of the key needed to progress the plot!

#2 Posted by Canberra (1065 posts) -

I can't say I’m surprised that there's one in there. 
I just hope Brian and Jenny see this otherwise we may have a premature conclusion to the ER.    

#3 Posted by Dudacles (1462 posts) -

Brian and Jenny? What? :p

Anyway, I doubt this'll happen to the ER, because they are certainly not planning on playing this game for even a second longer than they have to. Replaying chapters is not part of the deal, especially not for Brad.

#4 Posted by eldiax (632 posts) -
@Canberra said:
" I can't say I’m surprised that there's one in there. I just hope Brian and Jenny see this otherwise we may have a premature conclusion to the ER.     "
I kindaaaa doubt any group will go back to do sidequests, especially Brian.
#5 Posted by YellowKing (115 posts) -
@eldiax:  I dunno, Brad's a completionist and doing the sidequests makes a lot of the games weaknesses more tolerable.  Some rewards are just flat out awesome.
#6 Posted by Karkarov (3272 posts) -
@YellowKing: 

Like SMG's that hold 360 rounds per clip with infinite ammo and the ability to get a car that drives 80 mph and doesn't handle like a dump truck?
#7 Posted by Kwanzaa_Snider (10 posts) -

Just got hit by the Chapter 9 key glitch in my first play through. What a shame. I was enjoying how ridiculous this game is. I don't think I can stomach starting over from the beginning again.

#8 Edited by weeken (22 posts) -

I had this happen to me and was absolutely LUCKY I happen to backup my save on MU just prior to trying to reload a chapter and do the side missions. It took me awhile to figure what I hell I did wrong. This was the first glitch I found with respect to replaying chapters and haven't had any other issues YET. :)

#9 Posted by gike987 (1779 posts) -

I really hope they see this. We don't want the ER to end because of this glitch.

#10 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -

There's no way they will reload chapters. There is no danger of this happening in the ER.

#11 Edited by Dolphin_Butter (1917 posts) -

You know, I find it funny how most of you assumed I posted this for the ER. Nay, it was for if you were playing the game on your own time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.